mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floundah View Post
Free enterprise.... I lol'd. that post embodies everything that is, and ever will be, craigslist.
I don't know. Sounds to me like she was being very entrepreneurial. Free market economics at work. Supply and demand.
OPBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I find craigslist most annoying when people dont respond to email, text, or whatever they say to contact them by.
spending all that time to put up an ad to then not take the time to reply to buyers seems so bizarre.

Note * I dont try and buy anything off craigslist that would result in their phones 'ringing off the hook'. I also sell the same types of things on craigslist as i try to buy, and my phone has NEVER 'rung off the hook'. So my answer to my own statement above would be people are lazy and unreliable.

Last edited by Skipdogg; 12-19-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #23 (permalink)
Trails Of Doom

The reason people don't respond is they literally get inundated with calls/emails... That lady with the car said she got over 500 emails in the first hour she listed it... And her phone immediately started ringing off the hook!

They had listed it for about $2,000 below blue book...

Her husband is the one who decided to "auction" it as myself, and the lady and a person on the phone all wanted to buy it. The lady who owned it, was ticked at her husband for doing that, and she called me twice apologizing for wasting my time... Which was nice of her!

I see their position, I would have handled it differently, but hey if people are throwing money at you for your item, it makes sense.

I found another car that fit what I wanted, and called and emailed, and this time I got in touch with the guy. We agreed to meet as soon as he was available. I went over and checked it out and offered him cash...

To which he said he wasn't "ready" to sell yet, as he hadn't found a car yet to replace it... And would I wait...

I'm not in a hurry so I said sure. That was last month. He found a car to buy, as one of his friends is leaving the country, so I should get it in the next 30 days... Or something...

He took the listing down the same day, and he said he still got over 400 emails on it! And his phone was ringing off the hook!
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:19 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post

To which he said he wasn't "ready" to sell yet, as he hadn't found a car yet to replace it... And would I wait...

I'm not in a hurry so I said sure. That was last month. He found a car to buy, as one of his friends is leaving the country, so I should get it in the next 30 days... Or something...

He took the listing down the same day, and he said he still got over 400 emails on it! And his phone was ringing off the hook!
Ummmmmmm. Don't most people sell their car first before they buy another one?
elraido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:26 PM   #25 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Another thing I've found when selling is to not list too low or too high of a price.

If you list too low you get all the riffraff calling and wanting to offer an even lower price, sometimes less than half you're asking lower than normal price.
Too high then no one calls.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #26 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
I had a pool table listed at a very reasonable price. I had probably 30 responses via email/text within the first week. I responded to every one of them. Of those 30, 5 actually got back to me, and of those 5, 4 disappeared completely.

Over the first month, 8 people were "going to come by and see it" and set up a specific time to do so. Only 2 actually followed through. It finally sold after 2 months.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone