mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 12-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Doughnut Eater

Scarab one2one release date has been found? or not?

One2One Rounds - MagFed Paintball UK

Looks kind of mickey mouse, but it is the only date I have found so far. Does anyone know if this is credible?
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Smiffew
Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.ca/mattmaniac95

Markers I have owned:
2x PCS US 5, Piranha GTI, Viewloader Orion, 4x GoG EnMEY, Alpha Black x6, Project Salvo x3, Tippmann pre 2011 A 5, Rap4 METS, Rap 4 LE (Kind of, it got snatched at the border), Ram Combat x2, Ram P99 x3, Ram 226 x2, 05 Spyder Pilot, 05 Spyder Fenix, T-Storm, Stryker, T8 x3, T8.1, MRX, MR5, Milsig MK3 x3, Milsig M series Elite, Milsig K series Mk 2, Kingman Chaser x3, Hammer 7, 1 of 3 Engler Customs M60E3, 10x TiPX, TPX, ATS AT 85 x2, 2003 Prostock Autococker, Goblin Solo, Milsig M 17 CQC x2, Crosman 3357 x2
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

what is this, a first strike rival? and the fins can be removed to fit 50cal?

i like the versatality, but if it's built on a 50 cal base, that means there's less fill. i think that'll be a factor along with price and shot-to-shot consistency. still, having options are good.
heinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Has ridges...

The advertising suggests that you could switch between the two rounds, situationally.

However, the lighter one2one round would exit at a way higher velocity if the gun was chronographed for regular paint-weight. And vice-versa.

TPX
Ruffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:08 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffle View Post
The advertising suggests that you could switch between the two rounds, situationally.

However, the lighter one2one round would exit at a way higher velocity if the gun was chronographed for regular paint-weight. And vice-versa.
Yeah although the lighter weight might be useful for people using a TPX or T8 the 40% weight reduction might mean it needs 40% less co2 than a first strike.
crisscross1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Has ridges...

This has "lose" written all over it...

What's the benefit of the aerodynamics if the round weighs half of the FS?

It just won't have the mass to do the hibbidty-dibbity.

I'm curious about this product... The First Strike solves the problems of Range and Accuracy. What does this product do?

TPX
Old 12-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
T-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffle View Post
This has "lose" written all over it...

What's the benefit of the aerodynamics if the round weighs half of the FS?

It just won't have the mass to do the hibbidty-dibbity.

I'm curious about this product... The First Strike solves the problems of Range and Accuracy. What does this product do?
Mid range accuracy and reliable mag feeding, supposedly.
T-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Super Moderated

From the pricing I've seen, they cost more thant the FRSs, which coupled with their shorter maximum range, is a losing combination IMHO.
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mr Gullible

Fan of EMR
In close combat scenarios, I would much rather have everyone playing with these instead of FSRs. I've been hit by FSRs at close range and they do hurt more than regular paintballs. The lower mass of these makes room to room combat much more appealing.

I see the FSRs being first choice for larger scenario games where it makes sense to have a sniper on the team.

my markers
ToyBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 10:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Has ridges...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
In close combat scenarios, I would much rather have everyone playing with these instead of FSRs. I've been hit by FSRs at close range and they do hurt more than regular paintballs. The lower mass of these makes room to room combat much more appealing.

I see the FSRs being first choice for larger scenario games where it makes sense to have a sniper on the team.
Yeah... In close combat, you would prefer everyone run straight 50 cal.
Or better yet, Nerf guns.

Obviously, paintball hurts. That's part of the adrenaline rush. And First Strike rounds hurt more than a paintball at 15 feet out because it didn't decelerate 25fps over those 15 feet.... I've done the self-leg shot to compare, and at 285, they both hurt (like crazy) the same from 8 inches.

I call shenanigans on "better magazine feeding". Feeding FS rounds is the single worst thing about them.

Can we invite a sales guy to comment, here? Is that possible?

TPX
Old 12-26-2013, 01:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Doughnut Eater

Well, I'm not a sales guy so I don't have any official input, but I have been following these things since about a month after they were announced.

From their statements and statements of those that have used them, I think some people here are misunderstanding the situation. But again I say take this with a grain of salt as I am not an official authority on this.

-aside from the encased paintball, these rounds have absolutely nothing to do with .50 cal. It is a .50 cal paintball in a hard foam case that makes it .68. I have never heard anything about a .50 version, aside from the point that what marker would even shoot a .50 version? 3357? So to my knowledge this is a .68 round that simply uses a .50 round to mark.

-Scarab's official price point has always been 30$/100 so they should be cheaper than first strike. According to the English price mentioned in the OP, they would be about 40$ US in England according to the exchange rate of when I posted this. But that is in England and we all know there is ridiculous mark up for paintball stuff across the pond. I don't think it is too much of a stretch of the imagination to think that they will be 35 or 30 over here when they are released.

-Yes it weighs less than first strike, but it will probably have the same velocity issues as first strikes. Remember when first strike was new and people were crying because it always made their fps jump by 25 because they were overbored? I am guessing these will be around the same bore so they should have a very similar fps jump as with regular first strike.

-I know some people go all out with the long range stuff, but the majority of people looking into shaped projectiles just want to have the edge of accuracy, and they probably are in "mid range" category, not exactly the 400 feet sniper category. According to what people have said who have shot them, the accuracy is the same in the one2one's recommended range. If these claims do turn out to be true, the one2one will be the round of choice for mid range players who will probably be shooting more, and the first strike will remain for long range and mid range who are willing to spend the extra money.

-the one2one obviously doesn't have the bump at the front. That is why they are claiming it feeds better. That little bump has been the demise of many FS platforms, like the MR5. Who really wants to spend the time filing down each round? especially if the the field or event is FPO people probably don't have time for that.

But you know, what ever. I am interested in these as one of the mid-range players. I already have the marker and mags ready to go, I am just waiting for the rounds to come out.

But seriously, if a rep is reading this drop us a line and let us know if we are on the right track.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Smiffew
Ebay: http://myworld.ebay.ca/mattmaniac95

Markers I have owned:
2x PCS US 5, Piranha GTI, Viewloader Orion, 4x GoG EnMEY, Alpha Black x6, Project Salvo x3, Tippmann pre 2011 A 5, Rap4 METS, Rap 4 LE (Kind of, it got snatched at the border), Ram Combat x2, Ram P99 x3, Ram 226 x2, 05 Spyder Pilot, 05 Spyder Fenix, T-Storm, Stryker, T8 x3, T8.1, MRX, MR5, Milsig MK3 x3, Milsig M series Elite, Milsig K series Mk 2, Kingman Chaser x3, Hammer 7, 1 of 3 Engler Customs M60E3, 10x TiPX, TPX, ATS AT 85 x2, 2003 Prostock Autococker, Goblin Solo, Milsig M 17 CQC x2, Crosman 3357 x2
smiffington is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone