mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
I am Stockclasspro17

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
That Marker that you Love, but was a ***** to Fix up

Wanted to make a Thread about a marker that you have that you went to hell in back with, repairs and tuning wise, whether its something you built or a marker you found that was a ***** to fix up, but was worth it.

Mine would be my Buzzard and my PGP

I bought my Buzzard off of a Teammate and when I got it, it was leaking, it wouldn't cock back, some parts were missing and autotriggering, oh and it didn't have a barrel.

I took it home and it took me about 6 months of reading through forums, ordering new springs, hardware stores, and trying to find a barrel (That was decent) and had the Bevel that is needed with Carter's guns. anyways after that time, I finally found the perfect spring combination, the tightest fit so it wont autotrigger and a barrel kit from a mini comp that matched, then an even longer time to finally get my raw boomerang! then I never messed with it again. completely worth it because (next to my PGP) it is my favorite shooter

Then there was the PGP or should I say the 1980's version converted into pump PG that I found on craigslist that some guy found in his garage, here is the original picture from his post

the other side was pretty beat up and it had a massive leak out of the trigger frame, so I took it to Dan the man Bacci and he helped me replace the seals necessary and filled me in with a bunch of useful information, then I sent it off to precision powdercoating, (member on here) who "ceramic coated" it, but we are working out on actually powdercoating it. who did an excellent job coating each and every piece at only .001" thick

At the same time I sent that in. I ordered a K Frame from Mr. Sergison and asked to have it ano'd to somewhat match the gun off of a picture I sent to him, here was the finished product.

Then on the same exact day, My newly coated PG from Precision and my K Frame from Sergison (completely different states) came in at the same time on my doorstep and there lied my complete K Framed PGP

And those were my stories on my 2 favorite guns that took quite a long time and work to get them together, but they were worth it, now I want to see some of your guys stories of something that you built that was a ***** to complete, but was well worth it. It doesn't have to have a bunch of pictures, but I just happened to have these and posted them up because I had time to.

MCB Feedback 30+
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2662355
PBN Feedback 10+
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=591178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozak View Post
What you guys don't know how bad of a gun whore I am yet? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josilk View Post
Ha...im the same, meaning of life is to play with all the toys not own all the toys

Last edited by Mozak; 01-03-2014 at 04:38 PM.
Mozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderated

I've had a long running love/hate with this AT10. I bought it because I wanted more firepower than my Phantom, but I still wanted limited ammo and a nelson drive train. It has broken on me over and over again. I have always had to keep a spare marker on hand for big games where I know that the AT is going to crap out mid game. But when it works, it's everything I want out of a marker.

Recently, I acquired a second ATS marker so that when one craps out I will still have the other, which is exactly what happened at the last game I played. Still, I can't see myself with anything else (except maybe another phantom, you know, as a ’backup’).
lordkyleofearth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Buzz Killington

I feel many a thumper will be mentioned on here.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
I am Stockclasspro17

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Nice!

And I know those too lol

MCB Feedback 30+
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ml#post2662355
PBN Feedback 10+
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=591178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozak View Post
What you guys don't know how bad of a gun whore I am yet? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josilk View Post
Ha...im the same, meaning of life is to play with all the toys not own all the toys
Mozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

My damn Jackal RDL:

The trigger on it is insanely perfect BUT I cannot get it to shoot above 250, no matter what I do Still haven't figured out the problem either which is incredibly frustrating.

Oh and ATMF screwed up the anno the first time, and the 2nd attempt as you can see wasn't much better...I was afraid to reanno it a third time.
fullofpaint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

2 of them, both scratch builds:

My ePGP, which took roughly 2 years to get up and going. Now, the thing is pretty much bulletproof and crazy reliable. It runs off a MQ2, and is basically what a PGP would be if PE made it. I ran through every single problem I think you can have with a front blocked semi-PGP (almost all of them have a really hard time hitting velocity), and frankly wouldn't advise anyone else to attempt them.

The second is my Aedes, aka the Angry Stripper, named so bc of how often it violently break balls. We're still working on it, and basically going back to the drawing board on the bolt, kicking off YEAR 3 of the build. It chops better than the best blender you'll ever find, but go it's such a pretty gun, and really unique. God do I want this to work.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ml#post3081978
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

i shot that ePGP. its so insane, it will put a smile on your face and then it will blend...

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Mine was definitely my Milsig Para Pro. Bought it used for a steal of a deal and now I know why. The guy had no idea what he was doing. Both the mags and the marker itself needed a ton of work, and it still hiccups every once in a while. I love that thing to death though, I don't think I could ever get rid of her.

In DMR mode

CQB mode

Feedback: http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...ck-thread.html
thechamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Midget Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to cfos00

When did you shoot it? It hasn't been out of my sight much at all since the new body got put on it. It made all the difference in the world. It doesn't break much at all unless the balls going through it are crap. Now, the old body when Ty was still working things out, dear lord...bad ball detent (NOT his fault) placement forced misfeeds, and it was a choppopotmus. But since this body was put on, it hasn't had many issues with chops or anything else. It's set to pinch, and doesn't chop much at all. It's actually pretty darn reliable.

Now, the Aedes could give a dissertation in chopping.

Need a Centerflag Uprising manual? PM me.

My Shooters
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...ml#post3081978
cfos00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

Constant pain in the butt until I got serious with the loctite.
Stock pneumatics as a semi-auto were completely unworkable. Pump kit fit OK, but no less than 3 times the valve jam nut has somehow worked itself free and let the valve freeflow down the barrel at the field. Multiple attempts to regulate it resulted in hair-pulling pressure/sweetspotting problems. Eventually I just gave up and have it eating 800psi.
Still, it's served me fairly well in the long run. Probably hit more people with this thing than anything else I've built/bought.

The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone