mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 08:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
MCB Member

I think double-ought buck is a little big for home defense. What doesn't go into the bad-guy/jack-booted government thug etc. goes cleanly through two layers of 5/8" sheetrock and into the next room, where what you're trying to protect may be sleeping.

I'd use number 6 or 7. 7-1/4 maybe. Just keep jacking shells in and squeezing the trigger if they keep moving. After 4 or 5 rounds there's not much left but small puddles of DNA.................
Old 01-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #22 (permalink)
The Panda with a Gun

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shut Em Down View Post
The academy's down here in Katy Tx, actually sell revamped TPX pepper ball guns. What concerns me is ACADEMY NOW CARRIES PEPPERBALLS. I'm praying some idiot does not try to bring these to local field.
really?...i need to see if the ones in sugarland/ richmond do as well
Old 01-16-2014, 11:52 PM   #23 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post
I think double-ought buck is a little big for home defense. What doesn't go into the bad-guy/jack-booted government thug etc. goes cleanly through two layers of 5/8" sheetrock and into the next room, where what you're trying to protect may be sleeping.

I'd use number 6 or 7. 7-1/4 maybe. Just keep jacking shells in and squeezing the trigger if they keep moving. After 4 or 5 rounds there's not much left but small puddles of DNA.................
That's way too broad of an assumption. If you live in an apartment building then squirrel loads may be the right choice, but if you live in a house that's not right on top of your neighbors buck should be somewhere in the feedtube. That's seems to be the consensus by people that know a lot more about ballistics and defense than I do.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
Old 01-17-2014, 12:11 AM   #24 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I do not own a gun but I have a mag near my T8...at least I can make them flinch long enough to get my hands on them! When you have a mask on the shot does not hurt!! If you are shot unawares...it HURTS...you flinch! Not great but better than nothing!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:23 AM   #25 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
A frying pan would be a better home defense weapon than a paintball gun.

At least in court it looks like "i had to defend my life with the closest thing available" instead of :
"I specifically put thought into how I wanted to hurt, maim and cripple someone, so I chose (insert pball marker, swap meet sword, etc)"
Old 01-17-2014, 01:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
High 4 Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-SHOOTIST View Post

It is important to know your lanes of fire no matter what caliber round you are using.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Brass N Wood Fan
If you're in a situation where deadly force is called for, then you need something capable of delivering deadly force. If you're not in a situation where deadly force is required, then you don't need a gun to resolve it.

All a TPX for home defense is going to do is get you hurt or killed if your intruder is armed. Once he realizes you can't really do more than give him some welts, you've already pissed him off and he has every reason to stab your dumb ***.

One of the primary principals of gunplay is that you never introduce a weapon into a situation unless you're going to use it. Giving your opponent the impression that you're going to shoot them and not being able to back that up if you have to is the worst plan. Much better to have a real weapon and not need it.

Besides, a decent 12GA shotgun is less expensive than the TPX.

Last edited by Wraith; 01-17-2014 at 02:15 AM.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:16 AM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

not opposed to firearms in any way but the only ones I have are .22 (one pistol, one rifle). I use them for target shooting on days when I have nothing else to do and the notion hits me that I could take them out and shoot for a bit. That being said, I'd hesitat to use something of that caliber on an intruder much less a paintball gun. I'd be much happier with any solid object that I could swing.

There is the thought that I could use my cyborg on ramping to try and get them to cover up while I advance with my club but, the general public isn't really all that aware of paintball safety. You may end up actually blinding (not that I find that wrong to do to a burgler but, courts may) the person before they realize they need to cover their eyes. Or they could just end up charging you while your holding a non lethal and pretty much useless object.

If you want to maintain distance and don't want to use a real gun, might I suggest a spear.

If loud pipes save lives imagine what bright pink helmets could do.

my feedback http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Old 01-17-2014, 02:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
Boom. Yummy

Brass N Wood Fan
Kilt Fan
For legal repercussions, you don't want "escalation" to be your fault.

Bringing a gun shaped object/blinding a burglar with a pball gun/making the burglar think Their life is in danger/etc etc

especially when the burglar is going to testify that he never intended any harm and just wanted a TV.

But if you let the burglar do the escalation (they roam past the living room, bring a knife, etc) then you need to defend yourself.

IF the situation threatens your life and your family, do you really want to pew pew some gelatin balls at the Threat?
Old 01-17-2014, 08:14 AM   #30 (permalink)
Newbie in training

You know I guess all the nay Sayers are correct how can a 6 gram rock hard, solid projectile traveling at 350+++ fps, that produces over 28+ pounds of blunt force trauma repeatedly from a TPX and or other marker, lets say one that has a 200 round hopper and much higher fps rate have an effect on anyone in a defensive situation ????

Now please somebody close this thread before someone post video's of what a marker with the right ammo is capable of.
Closed Thread

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone