mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-19-2014, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
the Paintball Punk

Fan of EMR
Pump play

I just played my first full game of only pump (with the exception of my pistol, but its practically the same) and I have to say its an incredibly rewarding experience. I feel like the Eliminations I got were earned with some grit rather than just shooting ropes right off the break. What do you guys think about pump, and any good pump stories?
Krusty-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Glad to hear it!

I have been playing pump almost exclusively for 9 years or so... it is a blast. It has cause my style of play to change, and even when holding a stock class pistol, or pirate, I am always at the tip of the spear.

I think my best pump story would be trying to get up the ramp at castle, 10-12 guys with me, all throwing ropes - none would bump up. There was a guy at the top of the ramp behind a barrel, when I would post with my duckslide, he would hide - he wouldn't come out. I could see the shadow of him on the wall, so I decided to try and bounce one off the wall... My first shot broke on the wall, the second shot bounced. I saw the ref go in, and the defender came out GOGGED!

I rushed up the ramp and got stitched from head to toe.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Money Spending Enthusiast

I have been playing pump almost exclusively since I started as a Walk-On player (Mar is a bad influence).

As far as a good pump story, I have a few fond memories, but my favorite is playing Gravity League Ottawa and getting the clean hang in under 10 seconds. My close second is walking the Fallout Zone, Ammo Dump and Village at PRZ with just a handful of us pumpers, IIRC it was 300z, Slappa, Mar and I. Or really anytime I get to play at PRZ with our group of regulars is always a blast!

#MarIsAwesome
Keys_JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
the Paintball Punk

Fan of EMR
ClotheQ (another member) and i today took so much ground that the enemy team was telling the ref it was unfair that we took so much of their ground
Old 01-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
A meow massages the heart

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty-K View Post
...I feel like the Eliminations I got were earned with some grit rather than just shooting ropes right off the break.
^

This basically sums up the reason I prefer pump play. While I may not get as many eliminations as some players, the ones I do get make it all worth it.

I played a random draw 3 man tournament today with my Phantom. Lots of fun, and I would up getting a couple of good goggle shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
...So no, I don't have a paintball place named after myself because I have a huge head. It's named after me because paintball people showed up to my personal page and never left.
PumpMan10988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
enjoying the finer things

Send a message via MSN to Falcon16 Send a message via Skype™ to Falcon16

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krusty-K View Post
I feel like the Eliminations I got were earned with some grit rather than just shooting ropes right off the break.
You just summed up why I absolutely love pump/limited paint play as a concept. It forces you to be a better player and rely on skill rather than your wallet to win. I'm at a point where I NEVER use my sole electro gun (a gameface impulse) and I'm going to be trading it to Walz and he's in return taking my PGP and making it into something absolutely amazing. Pump and limited paint play (I do play pistol as well) is a ton of fun. I find even when I'm using semis of which I own 3 (98RT,eNMEy and a 2K9 micromag) that I shoot far less paint and have a lot more fun. With that said my main use for semis is either 1)To keep the paint hosing teenagers who don't know when to tone it down in check or 2) if I'm playing a big game and know I'll be needing to keep some heads down

Feedback +38/-0
Click here to email me
My youtube channel
Click here to pay me via Paypal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApoC_101 View Post
Pump paintball is cheaper than any drug habit I've ever heard of.
Falcon16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Badger

Brass N Wood Fan
I see you aren't too far from us. We have routine pistols/pumps games at Linglestown Paintball throughout the year. Keep an eye on the Northeast Local Games forum. You'll have plenty of opportunities to play pump with fellow MCB members.

I too play pump more often than not. In fact, I own more pumps than I do semis. If you come up to play, you'll see me playing with my Phantom, PGP, Splatmaster, or my Trilly Sniper.

Last edited by JonM; 01-19-2014 at 09:09 PM.
JonM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
the Paintball Punk

Fan of EMR
I have to say, my auto trigger is quite handy for when the cheaters werent calling their hits. 5 or 6 rounds in the small of their back and theyll call it.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

I've been pumping it for like 2 years now. In the most sexual least sexual way.
I like turning heads, cheap cost, and the massive improvements to your fundamentals it can yield. To be honest, I never felt like I "earned" my eliminations more than any other player, but then again, I play hyper aggressively even with an electro. Laining from the back is just dull IMO. I certainly don't use my guns as a crutch. I'm that idiot with a foam sword, and I use it.

I love pumps. One day i'll get my hands on one of those G6Rs (I held one and it was amazing in my hands) and play a little more with my local speedball teams, but for now, pumps are my jam.
WTB CCI Parts
WTB
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
MCB Member

I played pump yesterday, and a guy stopped me after the match. He said, "I don't know how you play with just a pump!" I immediately felt ashamed and unworthy of the compliment. I was playing with an open class ccm, and I felt guilty for not playing with my stock class marker.
CCM makes it so easy.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone