mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-21-2014, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

My updated New Years Resolution...

3 years ago I came up with what I thought, at the time, was a reasonable new years resolution. To play one full day with each gun I own;
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/d...gun-i-own.html

Well it was going swimmingly until I started to suffer from health problems more and more. The last time I played paintball was pump castle in 2012, and I didn't play at all in 2013. (I also didn't realize until I counted all my guns and put them up on a wall I had close to 30 lol)

This year I want to play badly, no matter how sick I am. So I'm going to pick 5 guns only, and play with only those 5 guns (and their backups) this year.

* Stock class VCS Phantom that's never been fired.

* Older Sniper open class pump that doesn't look like anything special, but kind of fell in my lap and shoots surprisingly well.

* All black mechanical X valved Automag.

* My 40th birthday present, an Invert Mini electro with a ton of options.

* Last but not least, the crazy shrouded electro full auto A5 that I put together just to play wit my team S.C.A.R. (officially; the SCAR QX00) I have to play at least one day with S.C.A.R. this year of I'll never forgive myself.

Have any of you made resolutions like this? What do you think of mine? I just want to spend a day enjoying a gun the way I did when I only had one or two.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."

Last edited by Jaan; 01-22-2014 at 02:10 AM.
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Nerd

Send a message via AIM to Diomedes

Every year I have a few paintball-related resolutions, and one of the standing ones is to use every marker I own, or get rid of it. Use it or lose it.

Works great to keep the total down (at 4 right now, shouldn't change).

I also have a standing resolution to not buy any more markers. Usually stick to that one, except when a really super deal pops up.

Others include sticking to 10-rounders and stick feed exclusively. That's been great. And then year-to-year stuff as I come up with it. Keep my head up when I run, improve my left-handed play, etc.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My MCB feedback

Last edited by Diomedes; 01-22-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Diomedes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sorry, that's classified.

Mine? Finish the karta Automag. I think I'm waiting on a trigger frame (being machined, cougar's 86 frame). Outside of that, actually attach an on/off and go play with it. It works and shoots and all. Just need to use it.

Also, go play more.
Donut SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
I got 99 Problems

find the fun again. I lost it last year, I was too worried about being "bad" and played so little, that almost every time I went out I was too worried about the negatives, and didn't focus on the fun of being out and aboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider! View Post
I'm gonna pop some aggs.
Only got 20 rounds in my pocket.
I'm huntin'
Looking for some cover,
This is ****ing awesome.
moving_target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moving_target View Post
find the fun again. I lost it last year, I was too worried about being "bad" and played so little, that almost every time I went out I was too worried about the negatives, and didn't focus on the fun of being out and aboot.
The same thing happened to me a couple of times. The first time was when I got sick of the electros and cheating and agglets on the fields and it was an all pump game that saved me about 10 years ago. These days (at least the last time I played) I only care about that one awesome shot all day long. I don't care anymore how many times I'm shot out, as long as I have that one moment, that's what I look forward to. It's especially sweet if it's a stock class pistol and I'm playing an open day.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone