mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 01-29-2014, 09:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace View Post
The biggest surprise for me is that it's imported. Where, exactly, is this paint made? Just figured the good stuff was made here.

And the Dye paint is good stuff.
I think the problem is no one is making really good paint anyway, even American/Canadian companies. Most of the high-end paint today is comparable to the mid-end paint of like 06-07. Fields stopped asking paint manufactures for high-end paint and started asking for cheaper paint. The incentive isn't really there to make/carry high-end paint if only 10% of paintballers are smart enough to buy it.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Low skill High enthusiasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimag03 View Post
I think the problem is no one is making really good paint anyway, even American/Canadian companies. Most of the high-end paint today is comparable to the mid-end paint of like 06-07. Fields stopped asking paint manufactures for high-end paint and started asking for cheaper paint. The incentive isn't really there to make/carry high-end paint if only 10% of paintballers are smart enough to buy it.
I also think most mid-high end paint is good enough for 90% of the people out there. Something like graffiti is a perfect choice for walk on play. Why spend extra to shoot something like Ultra Evil when you'll notice little to no increase in performance? I shoot the 50$ a case stuff for almost all of my pump play, and shoot local brands at 25$ a case (the Paintball gateway in house) for anything else. I don't think the advantages that these ultra paints give you is worth the price. I view first strike the same way. Of course its better, it's just not competitively priced
Three Cocker Barrels and a CCI Phantom one.
Barrel Sale
Striving to achieve everlasting glory in Vahalla
Cattle die, kinsmen die
all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 09:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
MCB Member

We have an awful problem with the Graffiti, it shoots so good, nobody buys the redemption haha
Old 01-30-2014, 12:25 AM   #24 (permalink)

I thought Graffiti was made in South Korea?

Some of the earliest Valken Crusade and Redemption we got came with desiccate packets with Korean writing, just like certain batches of APX. It was awesome paint, too. Nice and fragile, smelled like birthday cake, and was amazingly large by 2010 standards- .687-.688!

I've bought those brands of Valken more recently and it's clearly different stuff.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:18 AM   #25 (permalink)

I have been shooting CG for about 3 years. In pump, it always breaks on target, flew straight, and is difficult to see. Playing semi, it almost seemed like cheating It really did give you an advantage over people shooting the white box field paint.

My feedback link:[http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...l#post1868528]
r90t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 04:16 AM   #26 (permalink)
JKR
AKA: Wraith

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post

Some of the earliest Valken Crusade and Redemption we got came with desiccate packets with Korean writing, just like certain batches of APX. It was awesome paint, too. Nice and fragile, smelled like birthday cake, and was amazingly large by 2010 standards- .687-.688!

I've bought those brands of Valken more recently and it's clearly different stuff.
Redemption I purchased last summer still had dessicant packs in it and the paint was in the .685 range so I tend to believe at least the spec is the same even if the place of manufacture isn't. Not sure about the smell but Redemption has always been top shelf paint for me.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

Feedback
JKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
BEES BEES BEES

Send a message via MSN to Harbinger[TG]

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post

The best and most consistent paint I ever used was from Korea, it was called CORE or KORE. I was in Idaho at ICD for a week building freestyles. this stuff was +/- 1-2 all week long, totally amazing. Some customer had brought it back from a trip. We only had like 1-2 cases.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #28 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to indyjrt

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda View Post
I also think most mid-high end paint is good enough for 90% of the people out there. Something like graffiti is a perfect choice for walk on play. Why spend extra to shoot something like Ultra Evil when you'll notice little to no increase in performance? I shoot the 50$ a case stuff for almost all of my pump play, and shoot local brands at 25$ a case (the Paintball gateway in house) for anything else. I don't think the advantages that these ultra paints give you is worth the price. I view first strike the same way. Of course its better, it's just not competitively priced

Yeah the PBGateway house paint for $25 is a great buy, that's all I use now.
"Lastly, there are numerous psychological effects of the use of stock class equipment. Because of the inherent rate of fire limitation, many stock class players put significant effort and emphasis on the development of marksmanship skills." - From Wikipedia

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
indyjrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Born Again n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyjrt View Post
Yeah the PBGateway house paint for $25 is a great buy, that's all I use now.
for the price the PBGateway house brand is good but the Dye CG kicked *** on the older big bore guns. especially my uni body nelsons. I had 0 roll outs and great fps consistency thanks to its tight fit..oh well time to move on and try to find that next magical paintball.

I did hear HK is going to release a high end Cobalt Blue shelled yellow fill paintball ?? re branded Dye CG ??

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone