mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-13-2006, 08:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

my 1st mag

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=160016259238

im excited.

minimag, inteli, AA, reactor valve(?), and lvl10.

any tips or pointers from mag owners?

i also picked this up http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1
merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

nice mag. Are you planning on running CO2 or HPA?
is that just a gas thru forgrip that's been tapped for a gauge or a reg? if it's a reg, loose it, it might starve your mag (don't really have any experience with the reactor valve, I've always stayed with standard AGD parts)

Check out automags.org for some more in depth info (there's WAY too much info for me to type out)

oh, on a side note, if you want to trade triggers, I'd pay for shipping both ways, I'm dying for a black intelliframe blade for my micro...
craltal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

not sure about the trade, thanx for the info though. i believe its a reg so i plan on selling the ion reg putting that one on the BM and getting a gas through for the minimag...

ask me again about the trigger in about a week or so...that way il have had a chance to get and shoot the gun. (and take a look at it in person)

ps im planning to run HPA unless i lend it out. then il have an anti siphon on it.
merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Walrus

I would be curious what he ment by Reactor Valve and ANS on/off. Generally the Reactor is an on/off and it could be that the ANS is the brass on/off top.

It looks like you are going to get a nice setup. The only think that I can recommend as a Mag owner is to get it and play with it first before trying to find upgrades. Other than that, some good parts to keep on hand are a oring/parts kit. It also states that you are getting a level 10 with the stock level 7 bolt. You may want to make sure you are getting all the spacers and parts with the level 10 otherwise it will make tuning a pain.

Just remember that a Mag's trigger pull is going to be different than that of any other gun you have shot. Mag are great and reliable, but the trigger is always a factor for most. Luke's Customs offers a nice mod that moves the trigger rod and coupler up just a little bit on the sear. This make the trigger just a little bit harder, but shorter and less likely to short stroke. Like Craltal said, go to AO and there you will find plenty of information. Congrats on your first Mag!

My Gallery

History: Line SI Bushmaster; PMI-3; VMX; '97 Autococker; KP-3; Enforcer 2(possible SWARM); Spyder Sonix; Monteneel Z-1; PGP 2K; BBT Typhoon; 2k1 SP Impulse; SP MiniMag; another PMI-3; VM-Magnum; Blazer #153; Pump MiniMag; Thrasher ULE Emag; Cool Camo Micromag; '94-'95(?) Evolution Minicocker; '95 Evolution Autococker; Blazer #710; CNC X-Mag; Gold Rush Micromag; Jungle Sunset Micromag; Wild Tiger Micromag
Walrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
MCB Member

I am running my Classic Mag on Co2 and have used an old Cocker reg and now have a Palmer's Stabilizer. I'm no speed demon but I havent had any problems with running two regs so far. if that's an Ergo it should be ok with Co2 (keeps it from frosting up the main reg). Nice buy.
skx762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
XYZZY

Send a message via AIM to Jaan Send a message via Yahoo to Jaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by craltal
oh, on a side note, if you want to trade triggers, I'd pay for shipping both ways, I'm dying for a black intelliframe blade for my micro...
http://idisk.mac.com/cral/Public/Mine/Micro-cf.jpg
Why don't you just anno the one you have black? Ask around ... a lot of anodizing is done in batches and throwing something small like that into a large batch usually doesn't cost any more. Sometimes you can find a machine shop that regularly sends stuff out or if you ask an anodizer nicely they'll maybe throw it into someone elses batch for $5.

"My happiness doesn't depend on anything. My heart is always happy. I do have anger issues though."
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone