mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-24-2014, 08:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
All hail Chad!

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Fat makes good bounce padding but it hurts.

I once took symmetric shots to the man titties running for a bunker. Something broke; I was out. I just collapsed behind the bunker for a few minutes waiting for the pain to subside.

I love this game.
Feedback
Axel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Post Whore

but remember, smokers are a dying breed...

Brand New Furious Harnesses for ICD electros
Best place for all things ICD
MCB_feedback
AO_feedback
Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
Ballin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by skife View Post
with their JT flex rolled up in the front.
This was the standard when I started playing. It's actually odd to me that newer players don't associate flexs with smoking.
Jmorell818 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Rec Poster

RSV IS NO JOKE! Having RSV is like having borderline pneumonia/bronchitis. You should have been a little more careful with yourself. Don't mean to sound like a Debbie downer, but on top of all that....its highly contagious!!!!

Listen to your body, next time and stay home to get better. Forget about the smokers. The only reason I'm saying this is because my daughter almost died because of RSV. I spent a week with her in the hospital sucking out all the mucus stuck in her lungs. They basically kept us isolated from a good portion of the pediatrics ward because she was so high risk.

Take care of yourself. Get plenty of rest!
2PuMPCHuMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to foldadoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
but remember, smokers are a dying breed...
it always amazed me how many guys smoked (in the bad old days during games) even remember the odd bush fire started by careless smokers, my usual tactic was to try and hit the top left pocket in the jacket as most guys kept their smokes there usually ruined most of pack.....i was never popular.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:48 AM   #16 (permalink)
rec poser

pffff.. I actually remember smoking on trains and planes... yep, THAT old.Glad I quit.
swamphawk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:02 AM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2PuMPCHuMP View Post
RSV IS NO JOKE! Having RSV is like having borderline pneumonia/bronchitis. You should have been a little more careful with yourself. Don't mean to sound like a Debbie downer, but on top of all that....its highly contagious!!!!

Listen to your body, next time and stay home to get better. Forget about the smokers. The only reason I'm saying this is because my daughter almost died because of RSV. I spent a week with her in the hospital sucking out all the mucus stuck in her lungs. They basically kept us isolated from a good portion of the pediatrics ward because she was so high risk.

Take care of yourself. Get plenty of rest!
Yeah, my kids came 2 months early. The NICU staff put the fear of god in us over RSV. Fortunately, as kids get older, it's less scary. I'm glad your daughter is fine now. I was past the contagious phase, and adults are led contagious than kids any how--otherwise I'd have not ventured out. I probably should have passed on the game anyway, I wasn't in combat condition at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
I came into this thread looking for paintball advice and now I think I want to be gay. Thanks, MCB.
My feedback thread
lordkyleofearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:45 AM   #18 (permalink)
Born Again n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
It hurt my pride pretty hard when the 300 pound guy who was there as part of the birthday group, who also smoked, took fewer breaks than I did.
Wait I didnt know I was at that game..but seriously I am a smoker and a big dude 6'5" and pushing the 300lb barrier and getting back into paintball has seriously made me realize I HAVE TO QUIT ... nothing worse then making a good run for a bunker and being totally gassed in a few seconds of running. And having been a very athletic guy and damn good defensive end when I was younger this is very depressing.

I actually didnt smoke for 2 days before playing this weekend but ended up having a few on the drive to the field I did manage to not smoke at all until the games were over and that is better then I normally do.

A good day of paintball really makes one realize how much you need to be in some sort of shape other than round and have some physical conditioning.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:15 AM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

Smokers get to test their own limits relatively often. Getting colds and infections leaves a lot of unknowns. I was having sinus trouble at the start of a day-long game; by the time final battle rolled around, I just wanted to lay down. I went to the doctor on Monday with a sinus infection. I still wish I could have played that battle, it looked fun.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordkyleofearth View Post
How on earth do smokers play paintball?
This is a pretty stupid question. Didn't over 50% of the population smoke a few decades ago? People were still able to do things, no? The armed forces also have a long history of smoking, they seem to be able to get things done all right.

Otter Customs Paintball - - - - Straight Up Cigars - - - - My Feedback
maggot is online now   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone