mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-26-2014, 05:44 PM   #41 (permalink)
TEAM FOOD

i have no issues with smoking and paintballing. i have found cheap masks make it harder to breath than smoking does.

but then again, im in decent shape.
thesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 05:56 PM   #42 (permalink)
Predatory Bird Oculus

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I want to ask my dad the same question when we hunt.

Hawkeye20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 03:45 PM   #43 (permalink)

I don't condone smoking and I pray neither of my kids take it up when they get older. I've smoked since I was 19 and I'm 45 now (quit plenty of times and for one reason or another I always started back up).
I played consistently from 2001 to 2006 and would run circles around our younger players. I agree that it's all in conditioning and lung capacity (raced BMX until I was 31).
Now I am coming back into the sport after a long break and I'm still smoking. I worry a little that I'll be worn out but I am also hoping it will motivate me to cut back or quit for a while.
I never did smoke while playing... However, between games I was like a train. The kids in our group used to talk smack between games and then I was the one talking smack during the games!
SEVERN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:25 PM   #44 (permalink)

I moved to e-cigs a few months ago after smoking for 26 years. Actually, I've been using them on and off for about 3 years but have finally found some higher end devices that really work for me now. My lungs don't hurt anymore, I don't have a bunch of phlem rattling around in my lungs when I breath and I just have a lot more energy and lung capacity. I believe I had Walking Bronchitis for several months before going to e-cigs. Now I havent played paintball in a few years but I would imagine that I wont have any of the problems I had in the past due to smoking. Eventually I'll be lowering my nicotine content to zero and then quit all together.
Big Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
MCB Member

Location: looking through the knotholes in granny's wooden leg

please share the name of the higher end devices, as all the ones I have seen I hate.
the mods here suck...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaD View Post
Asking for brass on MCB is like going to the grocery and saying "Looking for food, you guys have any"?
My Feedback

Stuff I want or need evenually

want to buy red pump handle

Nelson, Tippmann, Dye, Angle, Spyder stuff
snaparen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #46 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaparen View Post
please share the name of the higher end devices, as all the ones I have seen I hate.
Personally I love my ego twist with a kanger protank 3. Search ecigarette mods on youtube. If you are knowledgeable with electronics you can move into the world of sub-ohm vaping.

E-cigarettes are a lot like paintball, steep-*** learning curve, but immensely satisfying when your in.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:34 PM   #47 (permalink)
Walk it off

Fan of EMR
In woodsball, I always found the smokers always gave away their position, lighting up a cig behind cover....or I could track the smell to their bunker. On the other hand, I've seen some very talented players smoke like chimneys and never get slowed down by it.
GattoDiavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #48 (permalink)

I have been using an Aspire Nautilus and a Russian 91% (its a rebuildable meaning you have to make your own coils. It works great.) For my tank systems and either running an Innokin Itaste MVP2 or a mechanical mod w/ a 30 amp sony vtc4 battery. Its all fairly affordable. I just get a better result with these as they produce quite a bit of vapor.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #49 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nasty View Post
I have been using an Aspire Nautilus and a Russian 91% (its a rebuildable meaning you have to make your own coils. It works great.) For my tank systems and either running an Innokin Itaste MVP2 or a mechanical mod w/ a 30 amp sony vtc4 battery. Its all fairly affordable. I just get a better result with these as they produce quite a bit of vapor.
How do you like the mvp? Im thinking of buying one for my stay at home vape.
"The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey, don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we ... kill those people." - William Melvin Hicks

newfangled feedback transporter link

Swoop body b2k4 Bushmaster for sale
Kmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:42 AM   #50 (permalink)

I love it! I can go 2 days+ (I am a fairly heavy vaper) on it between recharging. And its my primary mod; I take it everywhere. It can also charge my cellphone if need be. Its a really great mod for $50.00

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone