mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Reballs Velocity vs Regular Paintballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpig67 View Post
After reading up on them a bit, I had read that actual Reballs were the best brand to use from what people were saying in reviews. Thanks for confirming.
Definitely the best! The others are crap to tell you the truth. The worse very well used reballs are almost still better than the Z-balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmcl281 View Post
the blanket thing will work really well, all you have to do is fold a crease at the bottom so it can act like a pocket. as you shoot the blanket it will swing a little back and the ball will just fall into the pocket area. if you can find the glow in the dark kind of reball it might help you locating them at night, shine a flashlight around and that should make them glow.
The glow in the dark ones are one of the first version, you'd have a hard time finding them.
Old 03-19-2014, 08:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

I shoot into a large box with a blanket draped over and slopping to the back interior of the box. This directs the balls down. The remainder of the blanket is rolled up in the front of the box to trap roll outs. Basically it's shaped just like a bullet trap.

I was just going to take a picture, but it looks like my wife claimed my box.
1shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
to reduce the friction (rubber is less viscous than gelatin) I like to roll my reballs around in margarine. Or if you have an agitated loader, just throw a chink of butter in there: it'll spread around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteekay View Post
Naw, MAr's special. He's like Brad Pitt or George Clooney or something... totally cool to be a little gay for him
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drum View Post
Anyone not wanting to BE Mar is doing it wrong.
Mar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #14 (permalink)
Doesn't care (/◕ヮ◕)/

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
no mayo jokes?

And I agree on the part about making sure they're the good reballs. I bought some kind of JT rubber practice ball things...completely unuseable, even after trying alittle oil on them, butter, breaking paintballs into the hoppper to lube up the balls, KY...hell I tried everything....actually KY worked somewhat decent.

I don't always play pump, but when I do, I prefer a rotor.....stay agg my friends.
JLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:05 AM   #15 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

You chucklehead.

It's olive oil... lube those suckers up!

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

We have been using the Warrior brand ones with some success. I don't think they are going to last though and we had one stick to a bunker. They seem to transfer a LOT of material to whatever they hit.
No Have MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar View Post
to reduce the friction (rubber is less viscous than gelatin) I like to roll my reballs around in margarine. Or if you have an agitated loader, just throw a chink of butter in there: it'll spread around.

Lol

Silly rabbit!

The old reballs we use to sell to another Reball facility would actually use oil to make them work better. If you think reballs pick up dirt quickly, imagine them covered with oil.

Some of my buddy's actually still have some of the first version of rubber balls ever made. The company suggested using baby oil. They used baby powder instead. Works great, doesn't pick up crap and smells good!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Add on:

Reball gunk is nasty stuff!
Even with cleaning the balls weekly in a washing machine they still get this weird black paste inside the barrel and all over the bolt. Lots of kids shoot paint for the first time and break like mad, 9 out of 10 times it's always Reball gunk. And if you think Reball gunk is hard to remove add paint on there lol
Old 03-20-2014, 10:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
MCB Member

AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
Mad Anthony P8ntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:55 PM   #20 (permalink)
Paintball Hunter

Long time user here. I only use them to test fire my markers after tear down/rebuilds in my home. So, really not more than 20 shots through any marker with them at a time. They are a great tech-gadget IMO.

1) They bounce like crazy, so use something tough + soft to hit. I use a pillow or two under two 'scrunched up' blankets. Blankets may be ripped through if you are using full auto due to repeated quick hits in the same location.

2) MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN THEM! And by that I mean dust them off, remove any grit or hair that they accumulated wherever they land. That stuff doesn't go well with internals of your gun.

3) They are a smaller bore than regular paint, so I feel they shoot slower than regular paint, but not sure. I will confirm with my radar-chron after a day of play + tear down on Sunday.

4) THEY HURT LIKE A B! Or so i've been told... with more mass they could potentially inflict more damage even at a lower FPS. Add to that when i'm using them its indoors to test, so it's really close-range. DON'T, EVEN FOR JOKES, SHOOT SOMEONE WITH THESE AT CLOSE RANGE. not nice.
Hammer7
Venarius is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone