mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Pump Master

Reballs Velocity vs Regular Paintballs

I was thinking of picking up some reballs for testing and maybe a bit of snap shooting in the yard.

How does the velocity of reballs compare to regular paint if you already have your marker dialed in for regular paint?

Are there any other issues to be aware of using these?

FYI, I was planning on using the ones sold as "Reballs" by ANS so if anyone has used those particular ones I would be interested in how they worked for you.
dirtpig67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

There much heavier and travel much faster.For crono tests&tuning they're not so good,also most hoppers hate them.
They're good for testing magfed project feeding and target shooting.Make sure to wear eye protection,they bounce like crazy,I've been beemed by ricochets
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Unless you have some sorta net I think just shooting them at the boards will give you bounce back. They bounce pretty well off of cardboard boxes I set mine up so some of them that penetrate through one layer get caught inside a box drop tray but I still have ones I have to chase after. Its more of a pain to pick them all up afterwards even in your basement, I remove all the light bulbs and close all the doors. The worst bounce hit me directly in the junk off a cardbord box. If your going to do it outside you might as well get a case of paint instead and let the rain deal with cleanup.
I'd only pick up a hundered, not too many because I don't even use mine anymore except for the occasional marker test they sit in their jar.

ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Pump Master

I am thinking that shooting into an old blanket hung off of the clothesline outside would be pretty effective at stopping them without any bounce back.
Old 03-14-2014, 10:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Yep probably, as long as your ok spending time finding them all go for it but I'd still wear googles too, a laundry basket under it will probably eliminate your eventual easter egg hunt and they willl drop into it

ragu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
OLD MAN

CCM Fan
The surface of reballs are porous and they get dirty. When you shoot them thought your barrel, the dirty balls will score the bore. If you have a Freak bored barrel, get a small insert that you dedicate to reballs. If your barrel does not use inserts, get a different barrel so you do not ruin the one you play with.

Good Luck!

My Pumps:
CCM Polished Black T2, CCM Dust BacK T2, CCM Dust Black Series 5 RF #20, CCM Polished Black Series 5, CCM Dust Black SS-25, CCM Polished Black Series 5, WGP Karnivor Mid-Block, Bob Long Black MVP, CCI Polished Silver Phantom.
David A. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Reballs Velocity vs Regular Paintballs

Make sure they are actually reballs and not Z-balls or angel balls or any other competitors. The actual reballs are great, smooth and unless you using them constantly they won't really get all that dirty. If they do run them through a laundry machine.

The blanket trick will work fine.

I've manually gone through about 80,000 reballs by hand one by one to sort out the bad ones. We would then sell the bad ones to another Reball facility, so make sure they're new.

As for teching they'll work great with a spire, egg, spyder fasta, rotor with Seed board ( good luck finding one ) velocity with gangsta chip. Magazines will suck if they're tru-feed but won't even feed if they're staggered. Won't work with a cyclone and Q-loader.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Pump Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_wuzza View Post
Make sure they are actually reballs and not Z-balls or angel balls or any other competitors. The actual reballs are great, smooth and unless you using them constantly they won't really get all that dirty. If they do run them through a laundry machine.

The blanket trick will work fine.

I've manually gone through about 80,000 reballs by hand one by one to sort out the bad ones. We would then sell the bad ones to another Reball facility, so make sure they're new.

As for teching they'll work great with a spire, egg, spyder fasta, rotor with Seed board ( good luck finding one ) velocity with gangsta chip. Magazines will suck if they're tru-feed but won't even feed if they're staggered. Won't work with a cyclone and Q-loader.

After reading up on them a bit, I had read that actual Reballs were the best brand to use from what people were saying in reviews. Thanks for confirming.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

the blanket thing will work really well, all you have to do is fold a crease at the bottom so it can act like a pocket. as you shoot the blanket it will swing a little back and the ball will just fall into the pocket area. if you can find the glow in the dark kind of reball it might help you locating them at night, shine a flashlight around and that should make them glow.
hmcl281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

AKA Fan
Kilt Fan
I use the reballs for shooting and testing. I use the A Box for catching them, I think I just saw ANS have some up for sale on their site.
They typical on average chrono about 30fps higher. So if you're setting your marker up using them before you hit the field, set it about 30fps below the 285fps and you should be close.
Mad Anthony P8ntball is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone