mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-27-2014, 03:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

guess i'll post an update. here's a group shot of most of the owners collection (including his old rental pmis / pgps):

most of the collection was safe, notable losses were the blue / silver splash shocker and gloss black osiris autococker (seen on the left), kp rifle (middle), rt classic and a minimag (bottom middle) and a hypermag. the y-grip minimag is fine, but the x-valve is toast and yet to be recovered (i'll find it, dammit!). also gone were five tippamnn a-5's, two trracers, and an old sniper 1.

here are some recovered bits:

you can see the sniper body there. that service bell still kinda works! also recovered were many automag bits and pieces; i still have to take a picture of all of that. pretty sure i can get the valves working with some new o-rings, bolt springs and regulator pistons.

here's the lost hypermag i built up:

never even got to use it in a game. it had an actual hypermag valve with hyperframe on/off too:

now some before and after shots...

rt classic before:

rt classic after:

kp before:

kp after:

trailer before:

trailer after:

temporary "office":

now for some good news...our new trailer!

it'll be moved / leveled once the ground is drier. it's pretty remarkable how everything just fell into place that we managed to get this, just a little over a week after the fire. the ground was still soft from the rain; the tow driver had some fun getting out. it reminded me of the tractor pulls from monster truck shows...FULL PULL! LOL!! the driver did a masterful job of getting it to the field though; you don't want to know what the road leading up to there looks like. i'll leave with a message from the owner, cory @ outback paintball:

Quote:
I want to send a big thanks to all the guys that are helping to get the field back on track after the FIRE. I can't wait to see it all come together...there's no way I could have ever done it without the help of all you guys. It's hard to find people like all of you that work hard just to keep the field going. I can't wait till I can help each one of you out some how...BIG THANKS
Cyco-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
MCB Member

It's always sad to see such loses. It's always a hard blow to the sport when such things happens. Hope you can all get back o your feet quickly and repair what damages were lost.
Old 11-29-2014, 09:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Old School

CCM Fan
seems like a nice place. Sucks man. Gotta expect those things and be prepared even when you 'know' nothing will ever happen.
Lead-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 12:05 AM   #14 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

I'm sorry to hear of this. I didn't know anyone there- that I know of- but the loss is still a pisser.

I'll bet I could save that Sniper though.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 02:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
I'm sorry to hear of this. I didn't know anyone there- that I know of- but the loss is still a pisser.

I'll bet I could save that Sniper though.

Doc.
haha, i bet you could! if only there were 48 hours in a day...i'm sure you're buried in projects, not to mention empty cans of mountain dew, swarf and snow!
Old 11-30-2014, 03:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
haha, i bet you could! if only there were 48 hours in a day...i'm sure you're buried in projects, not to mention empty cans of mountain dew, swarf and snow!
-More swarf than snow, we only have about 2" so far.

But not as many projects as you might think right now. I've been doing some out-of-the-shop (nonpaintball) work for a couple different clients recently, but those contracts are about up. I just got back in last week, and only have a few jobs left to clear off.

Might be interesting to 'restore' the Sniper and raffle it to MCB at large for a few bucks to help the field recover from the fire. Kind of like what the hotrod community did for Tom "Stroker McGurk" Medley's '40 Ford when Tom had a garage fire that nearly destroyed it.

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #17 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

The sniper already has our pump-cocker expert looking at it (i think thats what i heard). I'm thankful that i had the pleasure of using alot of those now-lost guns. Also thankful to hear of all the ones i fear were also in the building, but happened to be somewhere else that weekend...could have been much worse.
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 12:52 AM   #18 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhead4411 View Post
The sniper already has our pump-cocker expert looking at it (i think thats what i heard).
we have one of those? lol...

anyhow, the sniper is in a box now with one or two other 'cocker bodies we exhumed and stored in a dry place for now. also, we dug up the osiris autococker and a bunch more automag stuff! i'll take a picture of the 'mag stuff later. the fire must not have been as hot at the end where those parts were stored, as there was a lot of good aluminum parts recovered. still have one powerfeed body to find, and hoping to find the intelliframe intact as it was in the same location as the other 'mag parts.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyco-Dude View Post
we have one of those? lol...
I thought i heard that Tom had grabbed it. But i could be mistaken.

Glad to hear you found alot of stuff from that section...guess the fact that area had drywall and not all that fresh wood helped it burn a bit cooler...
panhead4411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:11 AM   #20 (permalink)

CCM Fan
That hypermag looks like it has the Fox from Fox paintball on it. I wonder if it was one of there at one point. The owner had a good relationship with AGD and has a ton of mags as rentals. If they are looking to rebuild I would hit up pyroman over on pbnation. He tried starting a field a year or so ago that didn't make it but may still have some of the gear he will most likely make a deal on. I don't know what he got sold but I know at one point a compressor and a bunch of rentals were in his inventory. Let me know of you cant get a hold of him and I can give him a call if need be.

CCM
Art Of Pump

Next up:
?
Wallify is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone