mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 02-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

The new Hitman has the baddies wearing Proto masks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alQlJDRnQkE

Also, some scifi show...I wanna say Star Trek's Klingons used Flex bottoms as part of their armor.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Big Bang Theory has several episodes where they play paintball.

There was an episode of High Mountain Rangers (1987-88) where they play a game of paintball and one player loads his gun with what looks like a ceramic or plastic projectile with a point/edge. Looks like it was episode 12... the last one of the series: High Mountain Rangers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 01:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Voted most ball-fondliest

Quote:
Originally Posted by magmoormaster View Post
Serenity isn't on the list?
Haha, of course! Anyone recognize what this began as?

Edit: more shots found on x7og

My feedback: MCB / eBay
freedummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 02:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
King of Low-End

That spyder clone is a psychoballistics Silver Bullet.
kevin qmto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
THUNDERPUSSY

Location: The land of overpriced cigarettes and expensive Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyBox View Post
There's also the paintball scene from This Means War where all sense of safety is thrown right out the window.

http://screencrave.com/wp-content/up...-means-war.jpg

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4...oonpaintba.jpg
Thats my home field. I was in that scene actually.

Why I am a Champion (Feedback)

Paintball Guns > Tuition
Allerstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 03:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostatsea530 View Post
You left out my all time favorite "in country...club" featured on American dad where they had a Vietnam scenario!
-That's one I didn't have on the list... I think I have some American Dad around here somewhere...

Quote:
If you're including TV shows, there were several paintball themed episodes of Community as well. Mostly TPXs and a TM-15, I believe.
-I already had that on the "to do" list, but I don't have as easy access to TV shows. Everybody I know just has movies, very few buy whole box sets of TV shows.

Quote:
And a more recent movie, Blue Ruin, briefly shows a kp2 in a pawnshop gun cabinet... But is otherwise irrelevant to the plot, hehe.
-That's fine, the pics in Demolition Man were 100% irrelevant to the plot.

Quote:
Movie: John Dies at the End : John Dies at the End (2012) - IMDb
Trilogy cocker used as a flame thrower...Take my word for it...You dont need to watch the movie.
-There's another for the list. Thanks.

Quote:
There was a Jackie Chan movie where they use a PGP to shoot a tracking device on a car... I think it was Rumble in the Bronx
Also, there is a pretty nifty picture of Jackie using an Autococker on IMDB for "First Strike."
-You're confusing things. First Strike has Chan using a custom Autococker to shoot a tracking device. (And, you'll note, it's already listed on my page. I just don't have the movie in yet.)

I don't know if there's a movie where Chan used a PGP- it wouldn't surprise me, but I haven't heard of it.

Quote:
Also, for rampage, at the end they have a few more shots of them using paintball guns. Pretty sure he is using a tippmann or something.
-I was given to understand that Rampage just had the protagonist wearing PB goggles, no PB guns.

Quote:
Edit: Failure to Launch...Paintball guns used as real paintball guns.
Oh, "System of a Down" had a music video with a lot of people wearing paintball goggles.
-Got both of those on the "to do" list.

Quote:
There's also the paintball scene from This Means War where all sense of safety is thrown right out the window.
-First I've heard of it. Movie? TV show? And what's that milsim gun?

Quote:
Moon (2009) with Sam Rockwell has a guy in the very end with a milsim'd a5.
-Really? I have Moon somewhere. You sure about the ID?

Quote:
Theres also a Dr Who episode where Donna Noble's grandfather(?) tries to blind a dalek with a 98custom. Season 4 episode12 of the new series.
-Nice. Another to put on the list. Thanks.

Quote:
Also according to russc's YouTube page there is something called "space above and beyond" where they use gz1000 pistols (I don't even know what a gz1000 is)
-It's essentially an old Splatmaster copy. And I had that one on the "to do" list as well. I might have to get a Netflix account or something.

Quote:
Troop Beverly Hills circa 1989 was one one of the first movies with paintball markers used as paintball markers
also Cyborg circa 1989 used a paintball marker but not as a marker.
-Some of you haven't actually read my page, linked in the first post, have you?

Cyborg was one of the first ones I added screenshots to. That's what kind of started this ball rolling.

TBH is another for the list though, thanks.

Quote:
In the movie, The Paper Brigade, Robert Englund uses a KP rifle as a paintball a paintball gun to shoot some bullies, completely void of safety gear.
-Got that one on the list too. Keep in mind MCB has talked about this sort of thing before, and I've been mining those old threads for data for a couple weeks now.

It was one of those old threads that helped me get a proper ID on Johnny Mnemonic's gun, and that Entourage monstrosity.

Quote:
In an old episode of American Gladiators I saw them using what appeared to be a Nelson pump to fire a foam rocket during one of the events.
-Just get me an episode and date if you can. I'll dig it up and get the screenshots.

Quote:
A few years before that had Zero Boys (86) and MasterBlaster (87) [snip] Plus "Alls Fair" in 1989. That had SMGs. And Chucky 2 or 3? [snip] Equalizer, and Sledgehammer come to mind.
-I had Sledgehammer around here somewhere... I may have lost or loaned the DVD. I already had ZB and MB on the 'to do' list from your earlier MCB posts, as well as "All's Fair". Hadn't heard about Chucky or Equalizer.

Quote:
Serenity isn't on the list?
-Did you read my webpage?

Serenity (the movie) is shown at the bottom. The guns aren't seen clearly enough in the movie to bother screenshotting- the pistol is only shown once (shooting the clear door as River and the doctor get into the elevator shaft) and never clearly, and the long guns are really only shown at the very end, and again never even remotely clearly. So I just linked to already-existing online photos- the exact ones posted in this thread, actually.

I haven't yet gone through Firefly to see if there's better scenes.

Quote:
The new Hitman has the baddies wearing Proto masks.
-Thankya!

Quote:
Big Bang Theory has several episodes where they play paintball.

There was an episode of High Mountain Rangers (1987-88) where they play a game of paintball and one player loads his gun with what looks like a ceramic or plastic projectile with a point/edge. Looks like it was episode 12... the last one of the series:
-Already had BBT on the to-do list, but hadn't heard of HMR. Thanks.

Give me a little bit of time to work on these, guys. I've already spent more time than I could afford to on this in the past week or so, but hey, I've rarely been accused of being sane.

I have a couple more DVDs already on the way, and I'll probably have to order more for some of these new ones- I actually still have a well-stocked Blockbuster in town, but they still don't have everything. I've spent $2.08 there already!

So the page will get updated as I can, when I can.
Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
Paintball Luddite

School for Scoundrels (2006) has a pretty funny paintball scene. Not a particularly good or funny movie by any means but the scene is worth a watch

Feedback

"Come on you apes. You want to live forever?" -Johnny Rico
"The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed." -Stephen King, The Gunslinger
packersrule729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 04:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post

-I was given to understand that Rampage just had the protagonist wearing PB goggles, no PB guns.

Hadn't heard about Chucky or Equalizer.
At the end, the main character and his best friend are suppose to play paintball in the woods. The best friend is suited up in pb gear and just shooting trees when the main character shows up. Main character then shoots him (with a real gun or something) and pins the entire story line on him. Pretty sure it is an A-5. Rampage 2 (yes, they made a sequel) also has the same mask/helmet.

Chucky/Child's play 3. The main character is at military camp and they set up a war-game of paintball. They fill their M1 rifles with Simunition. Chucky, being the deviant that he is, changes some of the rounds for real bullets and hilarity ensues....or something.

And let's not forget the 2015 movie: Zombie Killers - Elephant's Graveyard (Zombie Killers: Elephant's Graveyard (2015) - IMDb) - starring Ollie Lang and Ryan Greenspan
Old 02-18-2015, 05:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Mad Science of Paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesak View Post
And let's not forget the 2015 movie: Zombie Killers - Elephant's Graveyard.
-Do they use paintball gear, or is it just the celebrities?

Doc.
The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2015, 05:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

From pbn:
"The film also involves the burgeoning sport of paintball. It's set in a small post-apocalyptic town defended from the undead by a team of young guns trained by Zane's anti-hero character through paintball games."

I have yet to see it, but it is on my list of horrible movies to watch.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone