mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-20-2006, 09:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
www.tituspb.com

Hoods of new jeeps, I love them, well only reason is because I work for a junk yard and crush cheap cars like that all day. V8 Plastic heads correct, found those too. Makes crushing the cars much easier, but our resale value on alumium is wicked low because of this.

....what is this sport turning into?
Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:38 AM   #22 (permalink)
No longer a RAP4 dealer

Send a message via AIM to Rap4paintball

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus View Post
Hoods of new jeeps, I love them, well only reason is because I work for a junk yard and crush cheap cars like that all day. V8 Plastic heads correct, found those too. Makes crushing the cars much easier, but our resale value on alumium is wicked low because of this.

....what is this sport turning into?
Plus scrap has taken a nose dive in the last month. Sheet steel dropped $80 a ton in my area. Thay are blaming it on china's demand for raw metal just stopping. No demand = no market, cant sell, drives down price to make a sale.

What sport? Its a Monoply now....

My Feedback
Rap4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:26 AM   #23 (permalink)
No longer a RAP4 dealer

Send a message via AIM to Rap4paintball

Fan of EMR
Couldn't help it, this was inspired by a conversation with Veritech Squad from Milsimog.com

My Feedback
Rap4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
I'm surprised the Triumph name isn't trademarked.... You know, the motorcycle company? Interesting.
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:13 AM   #25 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
All I can say is,wow. Its hard to believe any company can make such a hideous mistake. Quite possibly the worst looking marker I've ever seen. It does appear to be a model 98 wrapped in a blob of plastic so it will likely work okay.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

hrrmmm...

All I can type before running out of the room in tears is....

If its cheap, works well....

And is durable ''like only a tippmann can be''.....

Why the hell not, lets not judge it entirely without putting a few balls through it.

Who knows? It might be rather innovative. An integrated automated loader wouldn't of killed them though.

Remember, the first Blazers weren't exactly beauty queens.

Lets stay postive, lets stay positive, lets stay positive, lets stay positive, lets stay positive, lets stay positive, lets stay positive, lets stay positive, positive, positive, positive, positive, positive, positive, positive, positive, positive, positive, positive, positive,*rocking myself in the corner* Yes! positive, positive, positive, positive, positive,..........

Last edited by TheDude; 08-20-2006 at 12:07 PM.
TheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I'm surprised the Triumph name isn't trademarked.... You know, the motorcycle company? Interesting.
Well, it's not a motorcycle is it? So it doesn't matter.

There's a Chevy Blazer... didn't stop PPS.

There's a SP ION... didn't stop SATURN. (wait... which was first? I don't know. )

There's a Toyota MR2 Spyder... didn't stop Kingman.

Old 08-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Morbidly Sarcastic!

Send a message via AIM to Tescrash Send a message via Yahoo to Tescrash

Notice a trend there? The MR2 was small, but still a nice sporty car, & I love Blazers, but ever ION I've ever seen sucked bad. I wouldn't be surprised if the Smart Parts Pinto is the next big thing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Of A-5
I thought you were serious for a moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtcow
I am. That's a dude that desperately wants to be a chick.
Tescrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #29 (permalink)

Tippy's triumph(?)

Well folks. heres how i see it. GREED! I mean tippys been sliding for years. Loved the 68 specials, liquid was hard on seals, but for its day it was the alpha dog on a lot of fields. Nice balance to it. The pro -am was a beautiful extremely well made marker. the pro lite was a cheaped up version. Dont think for a minute the new plastic foregrip had anything much to do with weight reduction, plastic is a lot less $$ than mag/aluminum. Then they made the 98.I nearly crapped my pants when I saw the reviews of the prototype in apg mag. I thought ,well ,o.k sorta learning from the carl gustav sub machine gun, what with the "clamshells" holding all internals. But whats with all the screws, I thought. Then I finally saw one, and thought nice balance, works well. O.k Until something screws up then you cant strip it like a spider , and I cant count the lost screws kids have lost. Then I took a close look. A 98 is a license to print money. they make these for about 25- 50 bucks a pop. 50 is very generous. Abuddy of mine works in a castings plant, says the clamshells would be about 4 bucks each in lots of 1000. Whats the valve, a plastic molding(25 cents?) aliminum insert, and a valve. 10 bucks? the stock barrel? dont make me laugh. those cant be more than2 to 3 bucks when mass produced. all machine processes in. 25 bucks when mass produced. I do respect the genius of the engineering process to reduce cost of production. really I do. but now they want to wrap it in plastic, further reducing machine costs, and material costs. Smart ,well yes, when the buck is the bottom line. remember Brass eagle ,with all their crap ,made the most money of all paintball manufacturer's a few years back. Mass produced crap makes money. A kid can afford a Talon, heck for every kid who bought a tippy probably a hundred bought a Talon. Which company made more money. You do the math. Tippy does the math, and money is the point of doing business. Btw, do the tippmann brothers still own tippmann? Someone told me they sold out to some "investing group" from Asia? !?!? Anybody know anything bout that? That cant be true, PLEASE!!!
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:38 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Painthappy View Post
I think that mostly applies to the same type item, you could not make a competing product with the same name.

i.e the Sportster is the longest running Motorcycle line in history but it is now know as a Sat. radio reciever, And HD tries to copyright everything, they even tried to CR the Exhaust sound!

And interestly the Triumph that is out now is not the same UK company as old they went under, when they started the new company the Triumph name/logo is just a little different then the original

RD
paintslinger16 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone