mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Q-loader or warpfeed?

I've been slowly considering purchasing a new loading system that will decrease my profile (get rid of the hopper). My struggle is deciding if it would be better to get a Q-loader or a warpfeed. If any of you have experience with either or both, could you give me your opinions.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

It depends on how you want to reload. With teh Q, you have to wait until the whole pod is gone to reload. With the warp you can just top off w/ a pod anytime.

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Does the warpfeed tend to get in the way in any manner?...or even the Q-loader for the matter? Any awkwardness during play?
Old 08-21-2006, 02:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Stechele

I love my Qloader. I had been putting off getting one for a long time, and I am glad I finally got it.
Q-loader

You do not necessarily have to wait until the whole Qpod to be empty to reload. Any remaining pballs will be retained in the Qpod. But you cannot reload a Qpod in the "field" unless you bring your silo and reloading socket while playing. I carry 4 pods, and that is enough to last me several games with my SP8.You just have to remember that you only carry 100 rnds instead of 200.

My Qloader(s) are mounted horizontally under the barrel on my Mag and SP8. It does not get in the way at all, or make it cumbersome. I wanted to get a Warp for a long time, but the size and profile it left, was not was I was looking for.
Old 08-21-2006, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Every Dog has its Day

Send a message via AIM to netsurferdude2 Send a message via Skype™ to netsurferdude2

I have a warp on my blazer and mag and love it. You have to try it and see if you like the feel. It is hard to get used to but once you do the warp will be your friend.
When I worked in the county prison, all my pals among the correctional officer staff were always talking about how they needed a large(r) caliber handgun in case they were confronted by someone on "PCP" or "Angel dust".

Now... all they talk about is zombies.
netsurferdude2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Stechele- great review on the q-loader, it really helped answer some of my questions.

netsurferdude2- unfortunately trying one out first is probably not an option. "It is hard to get used to"...Could you elaborate a little bit more?
Old 08-21-2006, 03:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I think what he means is that it is bulky and adds weight on an odd side of the gun...depending upon where you mount it it looks like a toaster strapped to a paintgun and probably feels somewhat like one too. If you can adjust to that sort of thing you will probably be fine...if not then you are better off with a Q-loader. I have never used one in a game.....got to try a few in the staging/target area and just HATED the feel of them...but I am sure they are dandy if you can get used to it. I think for ergonomics the Q-loader has 'em beat.
pecoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
What about the whole 'feed length' issue with the Q-loader? Why is it so critical to have the correct length on the connecting hose? It doesn't make sense to me that with a simple spring pushing on the balls, you would get more chops if the tube length were off. Anyone have any explanation or experience with that?

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Stechele

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDoctor15 View Post
What about the whole 'feed length' issue with the Q-loader? Why is it so critical to have the correct length on the connecting hose? It doesn't make sense to me that with a simple spring pushing on the balls, you would get more chops if the tube length were off. Anyone have any explanation or experience with that?
If the feed tube holds 7 1/2 pballs, then half a paintball can/will hang out into the mounting cup. When you turn the Qpod to load a fresh qpod, you can/will cut/shop that paintball, and make a mess in the feedtube and Qpod. The chops are between the socket and the Qpod, not in the breach.
Check out the movie labeled "adjust"
http://qloader.com/supportmovies.html

Last edited by Stechele; 08-21-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Stechele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to komodo Send a message via Yahoo to komodo

Warps are...different to say the least. I love my cheapo one I snagged for $25 because the guy thought it was broken. I mean, I rarely ever use it, since I dont play semi as much, but, its definatly fun. It does take some time to get used to, but, once you do, its not that bad. For some reason, its just feel more....secure, having your warp with your hopper on the side of the gun. No hopper on the top with the insecurities of worrking about it bonking off of things, or trying to reload while shooting, and having to reach up high screwing up your aim.

If you have a center feed, it'll feel even more akward at first, but, youll learn to get used to the smaller profile, and better line of sight it gives you.

...especially those llamas that associate with asssfruit, I mean, bananas.
komodo is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone