mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 08-21-2006, 09:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to komodo Send a message via Yahoo to komodo

Some say ignorance is bliss...

...I say it can be pretty damn prevelant.

Im out having fun with my newly aquired Blade (got it for free, may turn a Nintendo zapper into a gun with it), just screwing around, trying to embarrass people with it by shooting them out. I sprint up to a rather large bunker, obvoisly made for more than one person to hide in. Im the furthest guy forward on my team, and Im just lobbing shots off over people's heads, laughing that Im giving cover fire for my team with a $10 gun. So, one of my team members takes this oppurtunity to get to my bunker and help me out a bit. He takes off in a dead run, with his B2k raised in the air. He gets almost to me, and he starts taking fire. So he slids. Into my bunker. And I get bashed in the back of the head with a 70ci HPA tank.

After the little sparkly things leave my vision, I start bitching at this guy. Why did he feel it nessecary to raise his gun way above his head, then not tuck it under, or just cradle it, when he slided. Instead, he keeps it raised high in the air the full time he slids. I was stunned (litterly and figuratively), and just called out and walked off the feild. I wasnt even going to bother to play the rest of the game like that.

So, here I am, a day later, with a still tender bump on the back of my head. I dont mind welts, I call them my war-wounds and show them off to everyone. But a semi-concussion? Er, yea, not fun.

I seem to retain the most freak accidents on the feild. What next? Am I going to have an air bunker deflate on top of me? Ive already flipped over one. Ive also jumped into a snake, landing on a pod some douche left there, and had it shatter and gouge my leg open, tearing deep into my leg (my pants were rolled up, last time I do that).

You dont have to be the best player to correct some of those mistakes. Just use friggen common sense. Stake air bunkers down properly, pick up your pods, and for god's sake, dont flail your gun around in a slid and knock your team-mate out.

...especially those llamas that associate with asssfruit, I mean, bananas.
komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to Ellis

Not fun at all.

Someone had left a big, rusty, metal peg, used for holding down bunkers, and my friend slid right into it. He had a big gash in his leg. It had gone through the pants, so the pants were fine, there was just a big gash in his leg.

But yeah, talk about common sense, pick up your pods, check for extra pegs, be safe.
Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Morbidly Sarcastic!

Send a message via AIM to Tescrash Send a message via Yahoo to Tescrash

Wow...you sound like me. Most of mine were self inflicted though, like waiting under a Winnibago, then braking the rusted out exhaust with my head when return fire came. That was awkward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party Of A-5
I thought you were serious for a moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurtcow
I am. That's a dude that desperately wants to be a chick.
Tescrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to komodo Send a message via Yahoo to komodo

Whats with that whole reload and toss the pod over your shoulder thing anyway? What, dont they care about pods? Its like $20 for 4. I take care of my pods. Some of these guys just leave them lying around. I saw another guy sprain his ankle and take him out of the rest of day and the next week, because some ignorant kid thought it would be "agg" to throw his pod over his shoulder and leave it.

I love it when they do it in the woods. I always run out there, put my gun on the starting spot (a big red barrel or spool, depending on the side), and grab pods left behind. I keep the good ones I like, then divvy them up to my freinds and kids whom look like they could use the extra gear, after the game.

...especially those llamas that associate with asssfruit, I mean, bananas.
komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Hmm....sounds painfull. Dont cha just love those surpises?

Ok, heres my story.

Reffing with Total Greif, 2000 masters in New Orleans. I am standing on a tape line, watching my area. Of course ten minutes earlier a Typhoon/Tsunami/Tornado type of storm starts blowing inland. So here I am watching and the netting starts blowing and the netting is coming out around at times and shoving me a tiny bit, but its cool, I am used to it. So the wind picks up and the netting is pushing on me, when I here a sound like a zipper. Before I can say WTF, the netting starts shoving me forward, and I had to start running froward. Well the point come (very quickly) that I am now running in the air. The netting had scooped my fat arse up (250lbs) and tossed me 20 feet and I landed on a sausage air bunker, the rolled off onto my back. Then I had time to think WTF??? Glenn Palmer saw it and thought it was funny as hell. That was the last game that day IIRC, then the real winds and rain came in...............

Shane-O
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
A moose once bit my sister...

Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 08:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Thos moose bites can be painful

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

No realli! She was Karving her initals on the m00se with the sharpened end of an interspace t00thbrush given by Svenge - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian m0vies: "The H0t Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge M0lars of Horst Nordfink".
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo View Post
Whats with that whole reload and toss the pod over your shoulder thing anyway? What, dont they care about pods? Its like $20 for 4. I take care of my pods. Some of these guys just leave them lying around. I saw another guy sprain his ankle and take him out of the rest of day and the next week, because some ignorant kid thought it would be "agg" to throw his pod over his shoulder and leave it.

I love it when they do it in the woods. I always run out there, put my gun on the starting spot (a big red barrel or spool, depending on the side), and grab pods left behind. I keep the good ones I like, then divvy them up to my freinds and kids whom look like they could use the extra gear, after the game.

Who pays $20 for 4 pods? I bought 24 for $12. In the heat of a firefight er ballfight, I don't worry about making sure my pods are back in my pack. Most of the times I try to retrieve them after the game, but I always seem to lose 2-3 a day.
El Gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Ahh just stick them in your jersey....if you wear a belt type pod harness they will stay in your shirt until you pull them out.... does make you look a little lumpy though

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone