mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP

buying an old cocker.

so I'm thinking of picking up a 2k1 for 80 bucks locally, all stock but it's got a 2 finger hinge frame.

new to the cocker game but I like the old school look and feel, is there much difference in the post 2k's 2k1 vs 2k2,2k3? I've seen many of post saying to get a 2k2+ but noNE of the threads say why.. just fan boy stuffs.
iKNOWaFATman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
I like Guns and Cigars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKNOWaFATman View Post
so I'm thinking of picking up a 2k1 for 80 bucks locally, all stock but it's got a 2 finger hinge frame.

new to the cocker game but I like the old school look and feel, is there much difference in the post 2k's 2k1 vs 2k2,2k3? I've seen many of post saying to get a 2k2+ but noNE of the threads say why.. just fan boy stuffs.
There's virtually no difference other than styling and an externally adjustable LPR.
Buy it!
maggot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP

Cool that's what I was thinking I just wanted to check. cuz it's pretty nice but if there's newer features. I'd rather just save a lil more for something nicer. I like the full bodies not mid and half blocked bodies otherwise I'd just get a resurecrion and be done with it.
Old 03-15-2017, 05:34 PM   #4 (permalink)
Post Whore

Yup, prostock is worth a hundo every day of the week. Go ahead and order the new ring kit and some reg seats, along with some new pneumatic hose. Also, you need a tool to get into the valve.

The similarity between the ressy and a cocker are mostly cosmetic. Really aren't the same animal.
punkncat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
Canadian to a fault

Don't do it... that way leads to a dark place of overspending on vintage color matched parts and enough spares to build two Cockers.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP

lol I'm not into anno jobs. I like the black look... maybe some chrome stuffs up front and back. **** it's already started. I mean the hinge is green and I wanna trade that when I get it.
Old 03-15-2017, 10:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

So I am sitting in a bar right now, so I may not be 100% correct, but I thought that prior to 2002 the cockers had a longer bolt length that made the base internals incompatible with later year versions. Basically, you will have a have a more difficult time finding replacement parts. Hell, just keep it as is and you will be fine. Also, replace the 2 finger with a nice single slider frame and you will be happier
Raleighpaintball.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Canadian to a fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleighpaintball.com View Post
So I am sitting in a bar right now, so I may not be 100% correct, but I thought that prior to 2002 the cockers had a longer bolt length that made the base internals incompatible with later year versions. Basically, you will have a have a more difficult time finding replacement parts. Hell, just keep it as is and you will be fine. Also, replace the 2 finger with a nice single slider frame and you will be happier
Nope, 99 model year and older use a longer bolt vs. the 2000 and newer.

Nearly everything else in interchangeable... you can also use the older bolt as long as you use the corresponding backblock. The only real difference is the 97 and older Cockers use Sheridan style springs which are not compatible with newer stuff unless the entire lower tube contents are swapped over, but most people want Nelson springs and don't do that sort of thing.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

The newer stuff is lighter weight, some parts are drilled all the way through between the upper and lower portions like this,

This makes it almost as light as a Phantom, but not really. But enough to make the older 1999 and 2000 feel heavier by comparison

What's nice about the old bodies is that you can put a scope or red dot on them because of the dovetail sight rail.

99 bolt length, 2K+ bolt length, and that P-block length cocker shown in the picture, all three of them are different bolt lengths and will be the primary hassle. But it isn't hard to resell a Autococker bolt on eBay

So with your $80 Autococker, new frame is probably $40 if you're lucky or perhaps $60, so we're at $140. I haven't used a frame on a Autococker with its three-way system yet so I cannot expound on the timing/adjustment of that (I use it as a Sniper II from time-to-time)

If you ever decide to run it as a Sniper II but are unsatisfied with the smoothness, a matching Delrin bolt would be the next upgrade ($40) besides of course the matching pump handle

Pump handles differ between 99 autococker bodies and 2K+, the main rod for the pump handle, banjo bolt replacer thing has different threads between these two kinds of bodies

That's all I can think of at the moment
I. Win. Every. Game. Like, every single game. In paintball, there's winners and there's renters. I'm a winner. I need to teach these scared youngsters who's boss, and they know at the end of the day. I want them to tell mommy (who just dropped $200 for the kids to play) that some older kid absolutely rek'ed the field every single game. I digress, winning is not just on the field, it's off the field. I have 16 goggle straps and use a barrel swab as a barrel blocking device.
#seriously
I am Phantom ID 37282

George Liquor: "In order to learn discipline, you must learn to misbehave."

Last edited by Pittsburgh Stinkbugs; 03-16-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 12:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
WOOP WOOOOOOOOP

thanks that's good info. I think ima pick it up tommorow... time permitting....

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone