mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-21-2017, 09:52 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoC19K View Post
Where did you get this 11lb spring if I may ask? This has me curious as I hate having to hold the pump handle forward.
I'm pretty sure it was McMaster-Carr. Also, they had a minimum order of $90 and they don't ship to Canada so I had a member on here act as my third party.

With the $90 order I got around 9 or 10 springs of varying strength. The site also had all the specs which was very helpful ie standard length, compressed length, diameter and so on. I used my dial caliper to see how deep the hole was on the pump handle and then measured the pump stroke from fully closed to fully open to see how long the compressed length had to be. Also had to make sure the spring would actually fit in the pump handle.

I started with the softer springs and kept swapping up until I got to 11lbs. This was the only weight that I felt confident using that would keep the pump handle pushed securely forward. When I pump this thing I gotta WANT that ball in the chamber lol. But trading the speed and smoothness for a pump that stays securely cocked is worth it imo. I would love it if this was a factory option from CCM.
drewkroeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:06 AM   #72 (permalink)
STICKERS!

CCM Fan
My favourite is my CCM S6. I recently took time off from playing and it sat in a bag in my garage for 3 years, I pulled it out, gassed it up, and wham bam it's as good as ever.

Truthfully, it cost a fortune. I really like the zen of building up a partsbox sniper but they never quite achieve the level of completion of the CCM.

Ryantuomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:44 AM   #73 (permalink)
I have a beard

CCM Fan
Kilt Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryantuomi View Post
Truthfully, it cost a fortune. I really like the zen of building up a partsbox sniper but they never quite achieve the level of completion of the CCM.
100% agree. I love my piece-by-piece cocker, but the CCM is a whole different animal.
JonnyDread is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:23 AM   #74 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Phantoms are the best gun ever.

The problem is that m16 frame has really goofy ergonomics with a .45 block you can just look at the way the hogue grips fit to see.

Then look at a lapco and see how it has a rail and a normal designed frame with a normal relationship between th web of the thumb and the trigger finger.

Still their design is just killer. Those stainless threaded inserts and overall quality control is second to none . Such an amazing company.

PSA: Please don't use photobucket to post images. When you go through one of the older picture threads and find a lot of dead photo links, it is because of photobucket. They limit the amount of bandwidth your free subscription pictures can use, and then make the photo unviewable. Please use imgur.com or another free image host that does not ruin picture threads.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:29 AM   #75 (permalink)
Merc

Send a message via AIM to JOESPUD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
I felt the same way about the Phantom. There was just something off about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunha View Post
Phantoms are the best gun ever.

The problem is that m16 frame has really goofy ergonomics with a .45 block you can just look at the way the hogue grips fit to see.

Then look at a lapco and see how it has a rail and a normal designed frame with a normal relationship between th web of the thumb and the trigger finger.

Still their design is just killer. Those stainless threaded inserts and overall quality control is second to none . Such an amazing company.
I agree. My pump adventure started with a VSC Phantom. I was pretty decent with it. Muscle memory was great and pulled some very memorable shots with it. Now after shooting cockers/snipers for so many years, I pickup a Phantom expecting the old experience, only to be disappointed. Not in the CCI quality, but my ability to hit anything with it. Single tube vs stacked tube hasn't really bothered me (Shoot a Mag just as well as a Cocker) so I'm guess it's that the Phantom is lacking the weight I'm now use to.

Mike @ CCI is 2nd to none. I just cannot shoot and hit the broad side of a barn anymore.

EDIT: And I've owned/shot some nice Phantoms. Excuse the Nation link... http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3929174

Best Field in STL

Last edited by JOESPUD27; 04-21-2017 at 11:32 AM.
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #76 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Throw a stainless barrel on there.

PSA: Please don't use photobucket to post images. When you go through one of the older picture threads and find a lot of dead photo links, it is because of photobucket. They limit the amount of bandwidth your free subscription pictures can use, and then make the photo unviewable. Please use imgur.com or another free image host that does not ruin picture threads.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:49 PM   #77 (permalink)

out of all the pumps I have sho;t it is the MVP that is close to perfect. I want an MVP that has a duck slide and can be converted back to open class; then it would be perfect.
richter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 08:49 PM   #78 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

crazy how different tastes can be. I pick up a phantom and it just feels like home. Love the lightweight compact feel.
estin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:16 PM   #79 (permalink)
Post Whore

CCM Fan
CCM S6, go to since 2009...shot an MVP recently, compared to a S6, trigger pull, pretty even, maybe a slight edge to the MVP, both point well, pump stroke, S6 10/10, MVP 7/10...seriously disappointed by the MVP pump stroke...close to perfection, then the pump stoke (not as smooth as a CCM and the pump handle is too small)....I used to want an MVP, there was a cool one for sale locally, gold with blue splash, factory anno...kicked myself later for not buying it...no more. I do like how the MVP has a sealed bolt.
Old 04-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #80 (permalink)
PvN
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper97 View Post
CCM S6, go to since 2009...shot an MVP recently, compared to a S6, trigger pull, pretty even, maybe a slight edge to the MVP, both point well, pump stroke, S6 10/10, MVP 7/10...seriously disappointed by the MVP pump stroke...close to perfection, then the pump stoke (not as smooth as a CCM and the pump handle is too small)....I used to want an MVP, there was a cool one for sale locally, gold with blue splash, factory anno...kicked myself later for not buying it...no more. I do like how the MVP has a sealed bolt.
Fully understand and has to do why I'm playing around with spring combos. Think I can get the pump stroke similar to an S6/6.5.

However, use that stock MVP in a game. Can almost guarantee you'll. Or notice the stock pump stroke. For me, nothing points as naturally as an MVP.
PvN is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone