mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 07-15-2017, 12:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Play for Phun

If you can find one, try these. Cheaper than icd lever changer

I had a bucket changer, but really didnt like it, plus it kept unscrewing and leaking so I got a cci drop out and one of these for the vertical asa set up
Old 07-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Play for Phun

Check this out from Baccipaintball NSG 12 gram twist drop out changer, looks new

Old 07-15-2017, 03:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winklebottoms View Post
Howdy y'all, I've been using my CCI phantom for about 10 years now and am working on starting up in stock class. I was wondering with a 15 round tube what y'all prefer or would recommend for a 12 gram system. I have a vertical air adapter kit and a rear ASA. I have been debating getting a drop out changer or a bucket changer for stock class in but im not sure which one to go with.
I've heard that with a 15-round tube the end cap interferes with the drop-out knob
But people have cut down the upper tube to a shorter-than-15 length to prevent this

With a bucket changer you'll have the option to put in a check-valve later on if you want (spring, ball-bearing, and o-ring combo)
This will let you shoot even when you are in the midst of changing 12-grams
I haven't personally seen the need to do this

I have a NW comp that uses a drop-out changer
I say save getting the drop-out changer for a different gun other than the Phantom
You could get a micro pistol Phantom that uses a Trracer valve body and get a bucket changer, for a really small form factor pistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithuna View Post
My taint itches evertime someone tries force some strange rule about stock class. 12ies and 10 round tubes are plenty. If someone figures out a slightly different way to mix the two, more power to them.
Yea I'm done with people trying to put constraints on "stock class" -- I say let the pistol and mag-fed semi-auto players in too, because a Phantom guy can knock out these sorts of players just as easily

A skilled Phantom stockgun player can 1-versus-1 anyone and beat them more than 1:1 ratio

Last edited by Pittsburgh Stinkbugs; 07-15-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 03:29 PM   #14 (permalink)
MCB Member

plz delete
Old 07-15-2017, 04:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I like the drop out for the reasons Cunha stated.
Clean lines. It is a tad more efficient but really, not so much that it becomes a factor.
I use a 15 ball feed in a reverse feedblock setup so it's a rock back instead if rock forward.
Two tubes per 12 gram then swap the 12 gram.
I know I'm wasting about 10-15 shots per 12 gram but I'd rather waste the gas than waste a good shot by the cartridge running out.
Old 07-15-2017, 06:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
I'm Stock Classy!

People will argue about which is better, a drop out, or bucket. Ultimately, it comes down to personal preference. Once you get used to a drop out, you can be just as effective than a bucket, and vice versa. It doesn't matter. Both are fine.

If you are looking for real speed, then a lever changer is the way to go. The new ICD lever changers have gotten some very nice reviews. You can also try to find a used Micro CA, or ACI Power Stock. Both are great. Any of these lever changers will come with a higher price tag, but you're paying for performance (speed). The lever changers do make a HUGE difference.

As far as what is considered "stock-class" and what isn't you only need to remember two things...

1) Any "rules" written more than a decade ago are irrelevant. This includes any nonsense about "modified" stock class. The original stock-class rules that were written back in 1992 were so restrictive that it drove everyone away from the format. This led to "modified" rules which only caused confusion because what was considered "modified stock-class" was (and still is) the exact same thing as what's considered "open-class pump". The term "Modified stock-class" is out-dated, confusing and needs to be abandoned.

2) It has become the consensus of the majority of players here and outside of the forum to adopt a simpler definition of the rules - manually operated, powered by a single 12-gram and horizontally fed. Basically, if it has a tank or a hopper, then it's not stock-class. These simplified rules eliminate confusion, and allow more flexibility (inclusiveness) into the format, while preserving the the original spirit the game (which is what the concept of stock-class was founded on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburgh Stinkbugs View Post
Yea I'm done with people trying to put constraints on "stock class" -- I say let the pistol and mag-fed semi-auto players in too, because a Phantom guy can knock out these sorts of players just as easily
Unless you are playing in an organized stock-class event where the event organizer spells out the exact rules, then it simply doesn't matter how your gun is set up, or what you want to call it. If someone wants to run a SC gun against a whole field of electros, then more power to them. Rules only matter in games where they will be enforced. Since we still have stock-class only games, then we still need to have defined rules. Outside of that, then whatever.

Like I always say...
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.

Get awesome Stock-Class Patches HERE

"There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference."
- Slim

One of the oldest teams in paintball with original members still playing - Tactical Assault Command

My Feedback

Last edited by Slim; 07-15-2017 at 11:43 PM. Reason: grammar
Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 07:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Thanks all for the input! We are moving down to Abilene Texas next month and I hope to find some like minded players there. A lever changer may be in the future but for now I think I will just try to pick up a bucket changer to get my feet wet. On a related note can anyone point me in the direction of bulk 12 grams?
Winklebottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 10:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
MCB Member

here another option to try do you know any near you where you can try both out. since that way you get see if you like or not. since by trying them out will give you info if which one is better set for you.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:19 AM   #19 (permalink)
Play for Phun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim View Post
There's playing paintball with a stock-class gun, and then there's playing stock-class paintball. Big difference.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Play for Phun

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone