mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-08-2017, 10:26 AM   #41 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8cornnuts View Post
Air strike Red
Lol, next time please consult with me about color.
punkncat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 10:09 PM   #42 (permalink)
Triggerfish PB

Get bent, I could've cared less about the color.
ih8cornnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 03:38 AM   #43 (permalink)

The DM engine remained largely unchanged through the years, even up to the M2. Efficiency should be similarly mediocre throughout the model years but the M2 does seem to do a bit better there.

If you can afford to do so, look at the new DSR. No LPR, dwell insensitive and much more efficient than the DM's. I just got one and am really liking it so far and I've never been much of a Dye fan. The shot is excellent, it operates at a much lower pressure than the DM's and it should prove to be much more robust/maintenance friendly.
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:02 AM   #44 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8cornnuts View Post
Get bent, I could've cared less about the color.

Hey hey, what kind of attitude is that to take with a future customer?
Old 10-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #45 (permalink)
Triggerfish PB

By the time I get rid of this it'll be too old for you
ih8cornnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 01:13 AM   #46 (permalink)
Sudden Impact Event Guy

I had always wanted a DM but would never spend the crazy cash to buy one new. This past winter i picked up a DM12 in my fields colors (red and white) and have been using it all summer. The advice -as it was given to me- was to clean the gun after every day of play and you'll never have an issue.
So, thats what i did, and i've never had an issue.

I like it. It sure is pretty. Super easy to take apart and clean. Easy to shoot, balances great, is quiet hasn't chopped a ball since ive had it, and shoots better than any other electro ive used.

That being said, I think i'm going to sell it. LMAO. Not because there is anything wrong with it, but because i scratched that itch and now just want another ULE Mag.
Ninjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 04:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
Post Whore

In the continuing saga that is my DM....

I was having terrible consistency again at the field last time I played. I brought her home and completely disassembled the marker. Turns out that both of the 007 urethane rings that go on the end of the piston/behind the seat were completely missing. No sign of even bits of them. I swapped all the rings, put new reg seats in, and put her all together.
As mentioned before, I have no idea if the number of shims is "correct", but they are within the parameters I see (varying) numbers listed online. I set the regs to the recommended number of turns and POW, leak in the 'noid. Lucky there appears to be some manner of pressure release before it actually damages anything. I turned the regs back in, and they are shutting off, but opening them about 1 turn gets it slamming high on the pressure. I haven't any paint, so I will have to wait to see if the impression I am getting is simply the "dry fire inside" effect.

I was a bit surprised it would even have worked that way. Both the seats had a deep groove in them. More after this weekend...I hope the darned thing doesn't give me issue...birthday game.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone