mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-14-2006, 10:08 AM   #31 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to incynr8

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PPS Fan
word t.

Where's Lewis Carroll when we need him?

hmmm Kant's Trancedental Proof of the Existance of Backspin.

Did squeegie preceede spooge, or did spooge precede squeegies?

incynr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:25 AM   #32 (permalink)
pump snob

pretty good stuff guys - until the spooge/squeegee paradox

Just to throw a wrinkle at yall :

Case #1) I cock my sniper II w/ 12" kaner reg'ed at 400psi and hold the pump handle and it fires well.

Case #2) I cock the same marker, same barrel and hold the reg, and fire, and the balls always go more true, speed up 4-6fps, and much less loud.

Ive always attibuted this characteristic in case#2 to the peak pressure being lower, deforming the ball less during initial accelleration - thus lowering initial ball to barrel friction, and having a more round ball to accellerate.

Ive been using this technique for 13 years, and with more than 12 different sni2s and it always holds true.

oh, and im currently digging the olderstyle kaner w/ 12" tips as my favorite kit for my sni2's. Ironically my 1993 unported 8" stock wgp barrel rocks on my '93 cocker regg'ed @ 500psi. ball on ball insanity. I guess this backs the 8"-10" theory.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:48 AM   #33 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to incynr8

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
PPS Fan
My palmer painter does that too, I am currently considering removing the bolt/pump handle return system to leave it fly, so to speak.

incynr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:02 AM   #34 (permalink)
Mod/mod

Fan of EMR
Big enough, round enough and straight enough is all you need.

Give me a Vector barrel (round, .691 ID, no porting or steps and straight as a ramrod.

Still the most accurate paintball shooting system that I have ever fired.

D.
Drum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
Only "PART" Canadian

You forgot to say the Loudest too!
Uranus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:28 PM   #36 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

The whole Sniper pump handle phemonenon has me perplexed. I do love it, though.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

One thing everyone is forgeting (or not saying) is that the valve itself has a great deal to do with the whole mess. A valve is more or less just an orphice, so at a givin pressure only so much will flow through that orphice, this is of course exlcuding thae fact that valves are, well valves and dwell comes into play. Also the final pressure behind the ball is only 80-125psi (Tom kaye had a write up on this somewhere) so unless your testing the same valve at the same dwell, the pressure supplying the valve has no effect. The reson why co2 is less consistant is that you are using the same valve at close to the same dwell, and becuase CO2 is in a gas and liquid state in your tank the pressure is always changing, not to mention what tempurature has to do with it (theres a reason C02 is a refrigerant ) It is however possible that using the same bore througout the lenth of the barrel that lenght alone has an effect, but no real publised studies have been done that I know of. Im shure that "paintball math" does exist, but manufactures arent going to let it out, becuase if they did paintball simply become just that, math. Thus anyone could punch the numbers and build a gun. I am also shure that one day all the numbers will be revealed, but how close is that day? who knows
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
DCB
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to DCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by russc View Post
The whole Sniper pump handle phemonenon has me perplexed. I do love it, though.
I do it all the time... with all my markers. It works best on the Snipers and Sterling. It is also very quiet!
CPPA #1092
Pump Gun Pimp #80
LPPC #164
Spec Ops Pump User#86
Pump Player Clan
http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=54098
Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...html#post78710
Gallery
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/...er=184&cat=500
DCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Thick

Send a message via AIM to HurtCow

CCM Fan
PPS Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
Ive always attibuted this characteristic in case#2 to the peak pressure being lower, deforming the ball less during initial accelleration - thus lowering initial ball to barrel friction, and having a more round ball to accellerate.

Ive been using this technique for 13 years, and with more than 12 different sni2s and it always holds true.
My Sniper does this as well, however my PPS pump gun loses velocity when I do that.

If I hurt your feelings or otherwise offended you, click here.
HurtCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:08 PM   #40 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
We have theorized that rifiling goes nothing, but then had much anecdotal evidence that internal rifling of Armson and J&J barrels really worked.
TF
Those barrels do not function better than a normal barrel, and often lead to barrel breaks. Its not like its all that hard to rifle a barrel, theres a reason no one does it.

You have to be a philosopher first..to come up with a hypothesis, and then figure out a way that you might be able to prove it one way or another.. both things require simply thinking before a true experiment is done.

I think that PPS guns work better with the pump held forward because of valve design. WGP didnt exactly spend alot of time making their guns work as good as possible..the not holding the pump thing just happens to be like that.

GP on the other hand did spend time on his design, and he made it work correctly.

And thats all philosophy and now if someone cares we can test it. (send me all your houndstooths)
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone