mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #31 (permalink)
(V) (o,,,o) (V) WOOP WOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxworthy View Post
Methinks it's an april fools joke.
Looks like it was, its gone now.

Well if anyone reads it please give me a PM or whatever. Love to know what you think.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:53 PM   #32 (permalink)
Secret SWAT Team

Send a message via AIM to ChaplainBane Send a message via MSN to ChaplainBane Send a message via Yahoo to ChaplainBane

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post
What's the label truly matter?

Disclaimer:
If you don't like furries, the furry fandom, or any of that stuff- good for you. I honestly don't care. Just don't harass me about it. What I do in my spare time isn't any of your business.
Except that you've just discussed it in a public forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
I think it borrows a little too heavily from Gaunt's Ghosts. I love that series (enough that I'm working on a scenario game based on the battle for Vervunhive.)and this just seems like Sacrilege.

I am a complete sexual deviant, but the furry thing is a dealbreaker for me. primarily because based on all of my dealings with furries in the past, including my marriage (I found out 6 months in that she was a furry) has given me the opinion that on the whole, furries are some of the most immature, over emotional people I have ever met. And as a general rule I avoid personal interaction with them because of it, now I do have friends who are furries, but that is only after they have proven that they are mature and rational individuals.

"I have alot of filthy habits. Most of which I find enjoyable" -Willie Nelson as Doc Holliday
Blazer #003
Typhoon #579
ChaplainBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaplainBane View Post

I think it borrows a little too heavily from Gaunt's Ghosts. I love that series (enough that I'm working on a scenario game based on the battle for Vervunhive.)and this just seems like Sacrilege.

I am a complete sexual deviant, but the furry thing is a dealbreaker for me. primarily because based on all of my dealings with furries in the past, including my marriage (I found out 6 months in that she was a furry) has given me the opinion that on the whole, furries are some of the most immature, over emotional people I have ever met. And as a general rule I avoid personal interaction with them because of it, now I do have friends who are furries, but that is only after they have proven that they are mature and rational individuals.

Well, I'm a mere 16 years old, and I have acted like an adult since 12. I think I qualify as an overall decent and stable fur. I am not immature, nor am I overly emotional.

I have to ask though, overall, did you have anything to say as a yay or a nay for it? I am aware it appears to borrow for Gaunts Ghosts, but when you think about it, a good number of his characters are stereotypical in a good way. You wouldnt expect a young teen to be 1st Platoon Colonel, you generally see one like Colm. Now, If I were to create an insane sniper or a overly muscled brute capable of lugging an autocannon like Bragg, then yes, you should snap at me. But I would not do such a thing.

Oh: And if you get that game up, I may just have to pull my Ghosts army out of storage.

Last edited by foughtwolf; 04-01-2008 at 08:13 PM.
foughtwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:08 PM   #34 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Quote:
Meaning I really don't give a flying crap and obviously don't want to get harassed about it.

Sorry to hear about the woman you married. Just not something that she felt like sharing prior?

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:37 PM   #35 (permalink)
Secret SWAT Team

Send a message via AIM to ChaplainBane Send a message via MSN to ChaplainBane Send a message via Yahoo to ChaplainBane

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by foughtwolf View Post
Well, I'm a mere 16 years old, and I have acted like an adult since 12. I think I qualify as an overall decent and stable fur. I am not immature, nor am I overly emotional.

I have to ask though, overall, did you have anything to say as a yay or a nay for it? I am aware it appears to borrow for Gaunts Ghosts, but when you think about it, a good number of his characters are stereotypical in a good way. You wouldnt expect a young teen to be 1st Platoon Colonel, you generally see one like Colm. Now, If I were to create an insane sniper or a overly muscled brute capable of lugging an autocannon like Bragg, then yes, you should snap at me. But I would not do such a thing.

Oh: And if you get that game up, I may just have to pull my Ghosts army out of storage.
As for the story, I think it's a pretty good starting point but it's still very early in the story, so I'd need to see more development from the characters. But I'd definately be interested to see more of it.

And as for the characters reminding me of the Ghosts, it was more reference to the fact that your commanding officer is a Commisaar. The Commisaariate are political officers, and are not supposed to hold regimental rank. And in the 40k universe Gaunt is the only Commisaar to be given command of a regiment of Imperial Guard. Which is the Justification for Hark to be Assigned to the Ghosts.

And I think you missed the point on the scenario game, I meant a paintball scenario based on Vervunhive.

"I have alot of filthy habits. Most of which I find enjoyable" -Willie Nelson as Doc Holliday
Blazer #003
Typhoon #579
ChaplainBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:51 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
As for the story, I think it's a pretty good starting point but it's still very early in the story, so I'd need to see more development from the characters. But I'd definately be interested to see more of it.

And as for the characters reminding me of the Ghosts, it was more reference to the fact that your commanding officer is a Commisaar. The Commisaariate are political officers, and are not supposed to hold regimental rank. And in the 40k universe Gaunt is the only Commisaar to be given command of a regiment of Imperial Guard. Which is the Justification for Hark to be Assigned to the Ghosts.

And I think you missed the point on the scenario game, I meant a paintball scenario based on Vervunhive.

Oh, I'd play that too.

I have a great deal of back story on them, as well as why he is a colonel Commissar. I could write it all up in a PM, but it would take a while.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:53 AM   #37 (permalink)

So I guess the real question is "Who's going to AC?"
Old 04-04-2008, 03:32 PM   #38 (permalink)
65%More Bullet Per Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLUNKN View Post
So I guess the real question is "Who's going to AC?"
Never for me, Unless I decided to dress as a Hunter.
They really don't like it when you turn the tables on them.
My only question was: Daniel Boone style, Safari style (Pith helmet. Lol.) or modern day, realtree/Treestand type?
Tohri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 04:48 PM   #39 (permalink)
Z50
Seasoned Member

You would have to go with the Khakis and Pith helmet with a ridiculously large caliber gun.
Z50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 05:51 PM   #40 (permalink)
65%More Bullet Per Bullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z50 View Post
You would have to go with the Khakis and Pith helmet with a ridiculously large caliber gun.
Unless I can get A big group together. 'The great white hunters'.
'Cause Then I'd be the Boone guy. I do have the coon hat.
Tohri is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone