mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-24-2006, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mar
All nail Drum!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Vandals...

:

In Ottawa Ontario, there are four or five fields. I work at Ottawa X-Treme on weekends when I'm not playing there. The field is on Rented Crown-land, owned by the Federal Government and run by the City.

We have two fields with Man made structures, and lately they have been vandalized, a lot. The 'Village" was flattened during the week, both forts, set on poles were lifted from the ground, bunkers were run over with vehicles and destroyed. We spent a good day yesterday repairing the village, and even added some touches.

This morning as I pulled in; the owner came to meet me at my car. The Vandals had been back, the village was flattened again, picnic tables were missing, bunkers were destroyed and/or missing.

The owner is now saying he wants to pack it in, just sell everything and get out of the business. This is my home field and so incredibly frustrating. I am looking into purchasing land, but am having a hard time finding the right piece of land....At any rate, just thought I would share this with MCB, where some of you may remember playing behind things that WERENT inflatable...and might understand how brutal this is.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
No longer a RAP4 dealer

Send a message via AIM to Rap4paintball

Fan of EMR
The same thing happened to our field a while ago. solution, play with out bunkers. We had even driven 4" long spikes into the trees to hold the bunkers in place. The next week, The intire tree had a chunk out of it. What some people will go to just to have "alittle fun".

My Feedback
Rap4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Man, that sucks! Try to report it to police or something.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)
Happy and homeless

Send a message via Skype™ to sparky

It's very frustrating when your fields are constantly being vandalized or destroyed, I too know from first hand experience. After spending plenty of time and often a fair amount of money into building a field, it's really dis-hearting to see it all destroyed by others. I've personally spent a whole summer building a ghetto speedball field out of tires (ripped down by meth heads/drunks, then taken down by the town because a large stash of drugs were found there, not ours) and then out of wood (destroyed the first night by same persons after a weekend of building bunkers at home). After that it we lost about 8 players because we had no more place to play, most of our players

Keep plugging away at it; don't give up because of a few local punks/drunks/meth heads. Good luck on getting land to buy/rent/lease. It's a lot of work, but it can be done.
Vagabond living on the side of the road in East Asia.
sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to goldfish Send a message via MSN to goldfish

if you are in a forest maybe cut some tree's down or get some lumber from like a logging compandy because if some fags drive over lods it's not gunna do too much... or if you have some more money mount a couple video camera's in your field and get the license plate number...
some people are so ignorant....
goldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to badkarma

Idots. I say plant booby traps. But then again I'm not a nice person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
68 specials are big manly tank guns, not little woman guns...thats what Shockers are for...
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/faq.php
http://www.tacticalreplicas.com
Factory Team
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

my home feild was vandalized recently too. Amazing, because it is VERY far into the woods. Somebody managed to walk out there and rip about 20' of wall off the fort/castle type thing.

It really is amazing how determined some people are to ruin other people's stuff.
sniper1rfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Wait there one night.

I'd normally suggest bat to face. But since they did it twice I suggest shot gun to face instead.

Then again I don't have any hope for mankind. So the more gone the better really. At least better if you get rid of the right ones.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 06:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to goldfish Send a message via MSN to goldfish

well i suggest to do something legal becuase if you out booby traps or something to wreck there trucks the field owner could be sued...my closing sentance: some people are so ignorant....
goldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Uhm, if people drive their truck over someone else's property and get a flat tire or broken axle, how is it the property owner's fault and how could he be sued? They shouldn't be there with their truck in the first place!

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone