mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-29-2006, 09:23 AM   #11 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Looks like you found the right place.

About 3 years ago I came here looking for F1 parts and a LAPCO Spectre; A few years and many many hundreds of dollers later, I'm still here.

After market F1 parts are really hard to find. But as others said there are a few guns similar enough to the F1 that they can be usefull.

Once you figure out exactly what you need, I may be able to help. I have small stockpile of stock F2 & F1 parts.

My Suggestion is to first work on the leak, then worry about the misfeeds.

You said that the F1 is leaking out the Valve (The thing in the front under the barrel).

Is it leaking out the plug? or is it Leaking out the barrel?
Does the Leak stop if you cock the gun?

The O-Ring for the valve should be found in a raptor parts kit. however, chances are you are leaking out the other side of the valve (Where the cup seal sits) not the o-ring.

If you have reached the point of complete frustration and would like to send it away, I wouldn't mind taking care of your baby for you. Otherwise, try some of the suggestions in this thread and let us know how it turns out. (I'll be leaving for the weekend soon, but will be back Sunday night)

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Getting Back to you melkson, The part i will probably need the most is the complete bolt, as the one in it seems pretty worn out and reacehing its permanent retirement into the "blast-o-matic hall-o-fame" question if anyone can answer reguarding Robertsr's post and link, the Vector M1 Standard trigger assembly looks pretty friggin close to the one on the F-1 the only thing i don't know is if it will mount to the cun correctly and or if the sear placement is in the correct position for the bolt? Anyone got an answer for that?

Thanks Guys, you all have been helping me a lot on this, and I appreciate it very much!
Oh and DarkStar, i belive it is the "cup-seal" that you are talking about that may be the source, however, one thing i did forget to mention reguarding that, is that it is a tempermental thing, sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't, and it happens both with and without the bolt cocked, possible solution?

oh.....and no, this is one marker I will never get rid of lol, it was given to me by a very good friend years ago who passed away....That is why I said it holds a lot of sentimental value to me...unless you ment something totaly different and it completley blew over my head lol.

Thanks again everyone.....
Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Oh, and another thing I forgot, Thanks much PJ for the Illustrator Manual, much appreciated!!
Old 09-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
PJ
Retired from paintball

Send a message via AIM to PJ

No problem! And welcome to MCB. Once you get to where you can do something with the gun to get it fixed, there's plenty of folks here who can take care of the repair. Just let us know!

AIM: PJDarknight
CPPA #1145 / PPIG #496 / LPPC #103 / POG #1047 / Team Rogue Cell #7
PJ's Gallery on MCB
Feedback on MCB
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 10:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Viper, there are several airsmiths on here who should be able to turn you a replacement bolt... F-1 stuff is pretty simple compared to some of the things I've seen done here.

I'm almost certain that the trigger assembly for the Vector M-1 will NOT work.

Even if everything lines up perfectly, the profile of the M-1 is rounded on the bottom of the receiver, and the F-1 is flat. In addition, the M-1 sear is nearly twice as wide as the F-1 sear, so it would never engage in the body even if you milled the trigger assembly to a flat-top.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Oh and DarkStar, i belive it is the "cup-seal" that you are talking about that may be the source, however, one thing i did forget to mention reguarding that, is that it is a tempermental thing, sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't, and it happens both with and without the bolt cocked, possible solution?
If you remove the front plug then yes the cupseal is in there. What I meant was, Is the leak coming from down the barrel, or out the front plug. Is it just a small leak, does the gun cycle fine?

Sounds like you need to clean off the cupseal, inspect it to see if there are any nicks in it. Hopefully it and the valve are ok. Have you removed the valve from the gun body before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
oh.....and no, this is one marker I will never get rid of lol, it was given to me by a very good friend years ago who passed away....That is why I said it holds a lot of sentimental value to me...unless you ment something totaly different and it completley blew over my head lol.
It was an offer to fix her up and send her back to you, I have a soft spot in my heart for F1's.

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 02:07 PM   #17 (permalink)

aahh, ok, lol, well, i would appreciate that very much, when i get a chance to contact my uncle who is holding on the gun for me I'll get back to you on that, but yeah, definatley, that sounds like an easy option for me as I am not very familiar with working with the internal components (which you'd figure I would be after all the years i've been playing)
Old 10-03-2006, 02:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrrpie-CT View Post
F1=Ancient?

That's the last new in box gun I bought! (Okay so what if it was in 1991...)

wow - so the F2 I used at castle must just be old
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone