mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Help with Ancient Gun (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/4390-help-ancient-gun.html)

Viper 09-28-2006 05:39 PM

Help with Ancient Gun

Hello...
Names Bryan and I need some help with an old marker that I have.
If anyone out there knows who or who can help me upgrade this old gun of mine I would greatly appreciate it.
The marker is an old Feral Action Sports Technologies F-1 Illustrator. I have a hard time parting with it as the marker holds some very sentimental value with me. The Major problem with the marker is that Feral Sports no longer supports this marker (at least i don't think they do as they have never responded to the multiple messages i have left them)

What I need is a way to upgrade or at least re-new the internal components of the marker to make it either more efficient or at least solve some issues that i have with the marker.

I am not the most technically proficent paintball player so bear with me as I try to give you the best possible description.

Marker info and details:
-The marker has a dual bolt that can be removed via a bolt that is pulled through a hole located at the top of the marker (It had a threaded extractor pin but over the years lost it) but can be removed via the bolt opening by unscrewing the bolt and using a tiny phillips flat head screw driver.
-Has a rear direct feed CO2 line to the maker that currently has an bottom line attached to it, which in-turn is attaced to the bottom of the M-16 style hand grip.
-It has some sort of removable mechanism located inside a removable cap located at the front of the marker directly underneath the barrel which has a spring and some sort of rod with a sprocket shaped washer on it, also has an o-ring, which i have replaced with several types of o-rings to try and stop the leaking of CO2 from it.
The Marker is missing the saftey mechanism as it broke a while back and i cannot find a suitable replacement.
Also the trigger assembly itself seems to be worn out along with the sear as it lockes up when firing sometimes and double and triple feeds when firing faster than approximatley 1 round every 2 sec, which in-turn either just chops paint or causes the gun to decock itself.

If ANYONE can help or knows someone that can fix/upgrade this type of marker I would greatly appreciate it, you can either post hear or feel free to e-mail me directly, pics can be obtained but will take some time to get as I am currently in Iraq right now, and will take a bit to get the photos to me.

Bryan
igkviper@hotmail.com

c6quad 09-28-2006 06:01 PM

welcome to MCB:)

i don't know much about F-1's but someone here does. so, you've come to the right place. shouldn't be hard to get the parts you need.

stay safe in Iraq.

Chaos 09-28-2006 06:25 PM

ACI is/was the current maker of the Illustrator series,not sure but, some F-4 Illustrator parts may work.Also the Bras Eagle Raptor is basically the same gun so a parts kit from that may help.

Welcome to MCB.....Be sure to watch your wallet in the Buy/Sell section ,you'll go broke quick :D

HP_Lovecraft 09-28-2006 07:03 PM

I think early M1-Vipers had some compatable parts as well?

Old F1s pop up on Ebay from time to time, and sell for reasonable amounts. I think I sold a working F1 last year for $50?
So, it might be worth watching Ebay.... just as long as the lurkers HERE don't notice it!!

nick

c6quad 09-28-2006 07:26 PM

no doubt. i too have seen quite a few sell for $50-$60, and they were in very nice working condition too.

PJ 09-28-2006 08:28 PM

Ah, I knew I would find it! The F1 Illustrator manual, complete with troubleshooting guide:
http://www.vintagerex.com/pics/gunpi...1%20Manual.pdf

The double-feeding is due to the retention wire/spring being too loose. The CO2 leak could be from the valve pin not being in the correct position in the front section (the section where you have the star-shaped washer). Read through it, it should help. I have a loaded F1 for sale in the MCB members section, complete with a few barrels and a regulator, PLUS a loaded parts box.

Oh, and Thank You for your service to our country. God Speed and keep your head and rump down!

melkson 09-28-2006 10:03 PM

I have spares for both the Raptor and F4 illustrator, and am very good at repairing both. As the Raptor is basically a F1 clone, MANY of the parts are interchangable. Let me know what you need, and i'll see if I can help ya out.

BigOldSkool 09-29-2006 02:03 AM

Ive got a metric mess of spring kits for F1's if you ever need springs..

Lrrpie-CT 09-29-2006 08:07 AM

F1=Ancient?

That's the last new in box gun I bought! (Okay so what if it was in 1991...)

Robertsr 09-29-2006 08:25 AM

Raptor parts are your best friend, but they're getting a bit hard to find. Many springs and seals from the Auto-Ordinance Vector will also work, and they are still in active production. http://www.tommygunpaintball.com/products.html

And by the way... Welcome to the spot where you'll be spending a lot of your time from here on out. :)