mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 06-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #51 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
Im fairly certain there an addendum elsewhere in the reg book that states the 2x2 rule only applies to tanks of 1800 psi or less. Which wouldnt include air
In the states, the 3000psi aluminum 13ci and 22ci tanks were supposed to be exempt.

E
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #52 (permalink)
Post Whore

I dunno i just remember reading the 1800psi thingy
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #53 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
I dunno i just remember reading the 1800psi thingy
I remember reading that 2x2 was eliminated altogether.

I cant find anything on the internet that shows that addendum, but I did find an online reg book that is accurate as of September of last year. I'm not so great at understanding legal docs, but it looks like the 2x2 exemption still hold true for certain specifications regardless of rated pressure. So if you have a 3AL tank, it doesn't matter if its rated 1800psi or 180000psi, the rules are the same.

49 CFR 180 : CONTINUING QUALIFICATION AND MAINTENANCE OF PACKAGINGS [ 49 CFR 180 ] : (TRANSPORTATION [ 49 CFR ])
Here's the copy of the rulebook. It doesn't matter what anyone here says or thinks. Them's the rules right there(at least to 8 months ago).
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:30 PM   #54 (permalink)
Big guy in a wig

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Of course these rules only apply if you are filling a tank and transporting it for commerce.
Feedback
The Flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #55 (permalink)
Yes, that is a joke ---->

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flounder View Post
Of course these rules only apply if you are filling a tank and transporting it for commerce.
You mean transporting it on public roads. If it only applied to commerce, then practically all paintball fills wouldn't matter since the end consumer transports them(going to/from field, shop, and home)
ta2maki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #56 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Maybe I'm missing something in all this, but I still don't see what's so impossible about just buying the tanks you want, filling them at home, then using them wherever you want. If it's because you lack the knowledge, a ~5 minute youtube video will tell you everything.

If you lack the funds, you can get a Co2 fill station for ~$20-$50 and a tank of Co2 runs about the same. So, your in it for ~$40-100 not counting the cost of whatever paintball specific tanks you purchase. So pinch some dang pennies.

If it's because you lack the drive to just do it you damn self, why bother whining about it? Especially here.

Long story short, it's not noisy, it doesn't pollute, it's easy in every aspect, and relatively cheap compared to what some people spend money on here. So what's REALLY stopping anyone form using the Co2 they want?

People will drop $50+ on a doo-dad to hold tubes or 1k+ on a gun, but a fill station at home? God forbid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Are You Smoking Crack?

Last edited by Melvin; 06-09-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:30 AM   #57 (permalink)
Post Whore

Apartment?
Aka "wagz" on the field
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
Keebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #58 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
Maybe I'm missing something in all this, but I still don't see what's so impossible about just buying the tanks you want, filling them at home, then using them wherever you want. If it's because you lack the knowledge, a ~5 minute youtube video will tell you everything.

If you lack the funds, you can get a Co2 fill station for ~$20-$50 and a tank of Co2 runs about the same. So, your in it for ~$40-100 not counting the cost of whatever paintball specific tanks you purchase. So pinch some dang pennies.

If it's because you lack the drive to just do it you damn self, why bother whining about it? Especially here.

Long story short, it's not noisy, it doesn't pollute, it's easy in every aspect, and relatively cheap compared to what some people spend money on here. So what's REALLY stopping anyone form using the Co2 they want?

People will drop $50+ on a doo-dad to hold tubes or 1k+ on a gun, but a fill station at home? God forbid.
I'm not sure if I'm following you. Are you suggesting that if you fill your CO2 tanks on your own, you don't need to follow the rules?
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:24 AM   #59 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to Melvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
I'm not sure if I'm following you. Are you suggesting that if you fill your CO2 tanks on your own, you don't need to follow the rules?
By all means, follow rules. Make sure your tank isn't gouged out to **** and back and make sure your burst disk is good. a 3.5-9 oz. tank isn't going to explode without some serious trying on your part. I understand being safety conscious, I'm a welder. I'm around potential death all day every day.

The point I'm trying to make is, if you fill a perfectly good tank at home, and bring it to a field, is some one really going to stop you in the staging area and check the date stamped on your tank? Even if they did, how can they prove the tank wasn't filled long before the expiration date?

If they really want to give you lip about it, you're now faced with 3 options.

1: switch to twelve grams
2:get new tanks (3.5-9 cost ~$20 a piece)
3:find a new place to play

And speaking of twelve grams, is a 12 gram from 5 years ago any less safe than one made yesterday? Not likely. Maybe we could all just start playing with new splat masters and ditch tanks altogether. Spring power FTW. And with all of us using .50 cal paint, no one will feel the need to use bounce padding as a "tactic".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Death View Post
Are You Smoking Crack?

Last edited by Melvin; 06-09-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:09 AM   #60 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
By all means, follow rules. Make sure your tank isn't gouged out to **** and back and make sure your burst disk is good. a 3.5-9 oz. tank isn't going to explode without some serious trying on your part. I understand being safety conscious, I'm a welder. I'm around potential death all day every day.

The point I'm trying to make is, if you fill a perfectly good tank at home, and bring it to a field, is some one really going to stop you in the staging area and check the date stamped on your tank? Even if they did, how can they prove the tank wasn't filled long before the expiration date?
The field staff would have no legal right to stop you from using these tanks as the rules are for transporting tanks, not using tanks. The only way you could get in trouble is if the police catch you in the act of transporting (in a motor vehicle accident for instance) or caught you filling tanks that are illegal for transport and could prove you had the intent to transport.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone