mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-14-2006, 09:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

HPA 50 to 1 converter?

I'm looking for one of those. I'm not sure if thats what they're really called due to the lack of results on google. Can anyone help me out about what they're actually called, where I can find them and how much they cost. I saw one on ebay about 4 months ago and supposely, its a converter where its has an IMA (ideal mech. advantage) of 50. So it basically multiplies the imput by that number. The only downside is that you only get a small amount of output volume so it may take 10 cycles to fill a normal size tank. So say you put in average shop pressure of 100psi. Then the output will be 5000psi. This will be used to fill HPA tanks of course. Any help would be much appriciated. Thanks -Neal
Old 04-14-2006, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Your talking about those single piston HPA boosters?

The ones on Ebay were total CRAP. Dont buy one........No really....dont buy one.

Not safe, and not worth it. Look around for a used booster, Air America Genesis, or a Haskel type (WGP marketed one). Best to get the WGP type, IMHO.

Shane-O
Shane-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

i played at a field that used one, PIA ya they give u 5k out put that is like 120* i got my 4500 filled to about 4800 and it colled off to 4200 in a matter of minuites. if you use one get reserve tanks that can store 5 k and boot into them so they can cool the air off and give better fills.

-matt
SR_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

http://www.888paintball.com/Shop/Con...id/0/SFV/30842. Heres an American Air fill station. Im confused though. Is this what I'm looking for? Links to any sites that you know that sell these would be much apprieciated. Thanks for your help so far.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Needs new knees

PbStud: That is a push button fill station that uses 4500-6000 psi bulk tanks, pre-filled by a gas company, or by using a large HPA compressor.

What exactly do you want to fill tanks for? Personal use, or commercial field use? Give me more details and I can reccomend the best system i price ranges for you.

Sr Matt: You are going to get heat build up as you fill any 4500 tank with any method. The act of compressing the air into the tank, heats it up. Its the rate at which you fill it that can keep it cooler, not storage tanks.

Shane-O
Old 04-15-2006, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

sorry, I guess I should have specified that. I'm looking to have one for personal use, 'cause I dont want to spend a bajillion dollars on a compressor. I already have a normall compressor that gets about 100psi. I'm just looking for a cheap single piston booster. Thanks
Old 04-16-2006, 01:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Needs new knees

Well, 2 words that dont belong togther, are "Cheap" and "Booster".

You gotta realize your dealing with a device thats makes bombs. I know it sounds little over the top, but it really is a good description. That single stage booster that you seen will still needs 1 bulk tank ($360 new) 1 regulator ($300 or so) and hoses ($100).

For personal use, the best way to go is 1 or 2 scuba tanks. Use tank #1 to fill the tank as much as possible, then use #2 to top off to a higher pressure. Sure you only get 3000 psi fills this way, but with a 2 tank set-up, it will get you 8-10 good fills for a 68/3000 tank. You can get the scuba tanks filled at a local dive shop, or bulk air filler (AirGas or something similar).

Shane-O
Old 04-16-2006, 03:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

well they do have some scuba tanks taht go to 4500 psi but they are harder to find and harder to get filled.

i know that you will get heat built up with any system but the booster was bosting right into my tank and the drop was a lot more than normal fills.

-matt
SR_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 12:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
I've porked many

Scuba tanks are a lower cost option than a Haskel or booster pump. One downside to them is if you live in an area with no dive shops it makes them hard to fill. Another downside can be if you walk into a dive shop and ask for a fill and they ask for your C-card. As a diver with a bunch of my own tanks I don't have a problem getting them filled, but my brother has had issues with some shops not wanting to fill his scuba bottles for him to play paintball with. Lucky for him one of the two closest shops will fill them for him without any hassle. The other utterly refuses to fill a scuba bottle for anyone without a C-card. As far as the number of fills you get from a standard 80 cubic ft bottle eight to ten is about right. Right now I can get my bottles filled for $4 a pop which makes them economical if you and a few friends want play somewhere other than an established field.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone