mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
I'm Comin' To Getcha!

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
FYI Paul at PWpaintball.com can get you just about anything you need at a fairly low price next time you need something try him
LPPC Member #71

Feedback
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

just fyi a lot of places are majorly backordered and the factory cant keep up with the demand. i know paintball adrenilien (sp) is so back ordered the shippnet they got in was already ordered and they still have a list of back orders waiting for the next shippment.
-matt
SR_matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Cunha Send a message via MSN to Cunha Send a message via Yahoo to Cunha

paintballgear.com has lenses in stock. They are getting the ball rolling with these things and in a month tops no one wll have a problem getting them. Freaking color grey..taking too long.
Cunha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Got my blue ones in!

Wow, these things are nice, cant wait till I get to try them in a game.

Wonder if the shaded part is UV protective....
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

My grey ones came in yesterday! I'm quite happy with them.

Here's a copy and paste of what I had to say about them over at POG:

I got my grey Avatars in yesterday! First I'll post a few (crappy) pics, and then I'll give some first impressions.

side view

View from inside

Angled frontal view

Frontal view of mask being worn

I haven't actually have any field time with these yet, so these are just my first impressions:

These goggles look BA! Seriously, they just look really cool.

The clarity of the single-pane clear lens is outstanding. There is the tiniest bit of distortion at the very edge of the sides of the lenses. I believe this is either where the thermo-curing ends or where the extra material used for optical correctness ends. Either way, the only time I can see it is if I turn my eyes all the way to the left or right. Even then, it's only visible in the very edge of my peripheral vision. If I needed to clearly see something that far to either side of me I would turn my whole head and not just my eyes. In all honesty, I don't foresee this having any effect on how I play or see.

The thermo-curing on the single-pane lens seems to be quite effective so far. I breathed heavily onto the inside of the lens several times and could not get it to fog. I don't know if that is a feature that can wear off with time or if it is permanent. For the time being, I am very satisfied with that aspect.

The Vents philosophy on,well... venting, seems to be quite true. When breathing through either my nose or my mouth, I can feel my breath being deflected down and away from the mask. Heavy breathing through my mouth can cause a bit of heat to rise up to my nose, but it's not severe and dissipates as soon as I've stopped exhaling. I don't have any problem with inhaling while wearing the Avatars.

The Vents are very comfy! They hold my glasses firmly in place without causing excess pressure anywhere on my face. This is a huge bonus for me!

The quick-release lens retention system is a breeze. At the same time, it holds the lens in place very securely.

The facemask material is quite flexy on the sides. The area in front of the mouth is more rigid, which I like. My ears are completely covered, although it is the same flexy material found in the jaw area of the mask. A shot to the ear might sting a little, but the material sits far enough away from my ears that it should absorb most of the impact of a hit.

Facial coverage is decent. The Avatars provide about the same amount of coverage as my Ravens. In other words: A small amount of my jaw is exposed, which has never been a problem for me.

I'm really liking the brow shield! I think I'll leave it on.

There are a couple of things that I will miss about my Raven goggles:

-The auto-tintng feature in the lens. What a great feature! I'll never understand why this didn't catch on.

-The quick-release clip on the strap. It's soooo nice to not have to drag your goggles over your skull every time you need to put them on or take them off. Another feature that I'm surprised hasn't gained popularity.

I'm sure I've left things out, so feel free to ask any questions you might have!
Deadfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Passing through rider

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Im wiht you on all the counts.. very nice, havent used them in a game, but Im going to see how it is for photography with them on.

Also wondering if the shaded lenses are UV protective. Anyone know?
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone