mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via AIM to Treadstone

AKA Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley View Post
I can’t seem to download it for some reason.
Your not missing much so far as content goes.
With the effort required to put out a such a nice piece of work, video wise, its a shame the game play is so poor. The cheating was blatant but it certainly looks like they are compensating for lack of basic skills, didn't look like anyone could shoot their offhand. The only good news is that the are such poorly skilled cheaters it wouldn't take but a minute for a decent ref staff to catch them. Does anyone know if there was even a ref on the field or was this self reffed?

Last edited by Treadstone; 10-26-2006 at 10:35 AM.
Treadstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Pumpers use both hands.

It was bad. See this is why i don't do the tourney scene. It seems that every time i meet someone who does they are trying to coach me on how to cheat or talk me into buying a cheater board with impossible to crack cheat modes or etc.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley View Post
I can’t seem to download it for some reason. But from what folks have said here I just have to shake my head…. for many reasons.
Teens playing on an outdoor grass speedball court. Normal inflatable bunkers and such.

Normal close ups, breakouts, etc.

The bad parts are when guys take some gun hits and continue to play on. Sure hits to equipment are harder to detect, but I gotta think they had to feel these ones.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:15 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

I think the most impressive bit is right at the beginning where the guy with the pink bandana takes his mask off in front of a pack of guys with live unblocked electronic markers. I wish my eyeballs were that tough.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

I was amazed at the rate at wich the paintballs were comming out of these guns when thier fingers were moving much slower than mine do on a single trigger.

Then comes the clown suits that were either way too big for the scrawny ones, or way to tight on the let's just callem not so tiny ones.

Doesn't anyone get clothes that fit them anymore these days?

And why al the garish logoing, and colors, these guys aren't sponsored are they?

Ugh..

They've turned the fun survival game into an extreme sport alright..

Just like skater punks clothes that don't fit, they need a haircut, and they all look like thier daddies didn't whup em enough.. Attitude is just flowing out of them, and it needs adjustment.
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Idiot Fanboy.

CCM Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Take it easy on garish, this is the home of the Carter's Commandos...
shadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Post Whore

LOL! What's with the fashion critique? Youngblood used to wear a suit, Oh was known far his plaid, other people wear ghillies, or kilts, or whatevers.

Individual fashion is one of the great things that makes paintball so cool.

Not calling yourself on a legitimate hit... not so much room for discussion about that.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Yeah.. I was looking for the cheats.. I saw two for sure. One hit the guy SQUARE on the hand, and he kept going. In a later shot it looks like it was sort of wiped off, but not completely.

Another guy took a hit in the feedneck that couldn't have been missed. Heck the camera then zoomed in on the hit. What a nub. People like that have no skills.... They make up for their lack of it, by cheating.

You get hit, you go out. Either have fun playing, or don't play.
Painthappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Booo Shadawg. I think Sunday was the first day I haven't worked since you hooked me up with the job (thank you again, by the way).

It's been a long time since I've been to Invasion, but when I was last there 10 or so months ago, the cheating was getting pretty bad from what I could see...
Sexy_Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Post Whore

Just wondering... what is the ownership/management doing about it? If this becoming the norm I'd assume that the regular clinetele would choose to play elsewhere.

I don't know how it is in that area of the US, but for example here in SoCal I have a good 7-8 commercial fields within an hours drive of me. For sure I'll support the ones that provide a more pleasureable experience for me. And in that I'd include well refereed games. It looks like this was a private game, but still...

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone