mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-26-2006, 05:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I don't believe I got around to mentioning it to the owner, but I mentioned it to a couple of the refs when I was watching one of their sponsored teams play a group of walk-ons. There were three incidents of wiping in the game (all on the sponsored team), but the refs just shrugged it off because the team was sponsored by them.

That was the last time I was at the field, but I might stop by again soon to see if anything's changed. If it hasn't, I'll bring it up to the owner and make my absence permanent.

Shiba, from what I could see when I was there, the regular clientelle is primarily younger kids/teens, which is primarily the group causing the advent of cheating.
Sexy_Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:48 PM   #22 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

Not cool. That guy gets hit in the hand, looks at it, and keeps playing.

This is a major problem with our sport/hobby.
There was no "Playing" there. They just ran to a bunker, shot a hopper-full, reloaded, and ran to the next bunker. Nothing about that team was in any way impressive. A bunch of cheating puss's with overpriced electro-whizbangits.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Chicken View Post
Shiba, from what I could see when I was there, the regular clientelle is primarily younger kids/teens, which is primarily the group causing the advent of cheating.
Having ref'd for privs (free play, discounts, etc.) at a field before, it bothers me when I see the "locals" take advantage of the walk-ons, etc. Sure the regulars are a big part of any field, but trying to cultivate new people to the sport and to that specific field is also important.

IMHO the ref's and management set the tone on how things are run. Both for good, and for ill.

Corporal punishment LOL!

(j/K )
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
JFD
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadawg View Post
Fat , cheating , and stupid is no way to go thru life.
Funny..... very funny
JFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

that was sad but bro i've seen that kind of stuff to many times. It's hurting the sport in my opinion and teaching our upcoming paintball generation some very poor sportsmanship. I really feel that we'll see the effects of all this in about 5 years or so when these young highschoolers hit real life and go bigger. Thankfully not all ballers are like this but the one's that are bad wipers, are in the open.

I've stopped playing at a field ran by a tourney team because of blatant cheating like in the video and poor favortism type reffing. I also dropped out of the bigger tourney scene because of cheating. I don't cheat myself and it gets old pretty quick playing with wipers. I've gotten back into woodsball, pumps and old guns again. I'm so much happier.
guy1198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
I don't see anything blatant or would be even called for a one for one. A hit on your feedneck is often not felt and inobvious.

At best this is a one for one - if he wiped it off his gogs - that is different.

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via MSN to Frontier_Bill

Playing through an y hit isnt cool. The feedneck hit, the splatter from it landed on his mask. That one was noticable.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.
Team Rogue Cell #10
Feedback
NO'MAAM #16
Frontier_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
I Am The Admin

Send a message via AIM to Painthappy

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The one that hits the guys hand... yeah... can't miss that one. Bunch a fools really.
Painthappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

re: gun hits -->

Not all fields recognize gun hits as a legitimate "hit"... Of course, all the fields that I have been to states otherwise...

Of course, I think the dude with the hit on his hand needs to be b-slapped...

As for locals playing walk-on's: Most fields that recognize us, "The Pump Players" (of course it's kind of hard to miss the KP-3 I am toting) will NOT let us play with the rest of the walk-on's unless the other team has the "advantage"... Which usually meant more targets for us

After that, they usually split "us" up onto the separate teams...

Secondly, I really have to defend some of the actions of the locals: Too many gung-ho rambo wannabes get annoying... here's a couple of examples from Doc
http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb677.html
http://www.the-whiteboard.com/autowb678.html

Yes I know, if it was not for the walk-on's, the sport will not grow. Of course, it hurts their pride once they find out they usually had the advantage from the # of players to the firepower at their disposal and were eliminated by guns/technology older then they were (or their kids )
mike31c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
WVU paintball #19

AKA Fan
Watching that really made me sick. I have only played paintball for about 5 years. I hate that I'm coming into the sport now when cheating is the standard. I wish I could have atleast gotten a few good years in whre cheating wasn't as thought to be nessisary.
minimag03 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone