mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #41 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

typical posers! unfortunately in an age where cheating is "accepted" in tournament ball, these kids learn the wrong way, and thus continue the cycle!
WGPKlaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:48 PM   #42 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus Machina View Post
Wait, do what now? Where is all this anti-speedball? We're almost exclusively a woods group here, but aside from cracking on kids who can't figure out how to work a belt buckle, not much has been said about the speedball.

And, in my experience, there's not as much cheating in the woods. That's not because of the difference between the woods and speedball, it's because of the crowds that play them. Older and/or more mature people tend to gravitate toward the woods, while the people that prefer the more extreme, quick games move toward speedball, and unfortunately those are the people that or more likely to cheat.

I *have* seen people cheat in the woods, yes. Mostly kids, who were just as happy to play behind the inflatable bunkers, and just as prone to cheating there. And some scenerio teams seem not to understand why people don't like a ramping or sweetspotted reactive A5, but I've never seen them wipe.
I am just saying that this website is getting a little anti-speeball, and ur talk about old vs young people cheating is BS. i have seen old men cheat like a 18 year old, and i have played with some teens that are very honorable. Also i questioned that fact about Older and/or more mature people tend to gravitate toward the woods, while the people that prefer the more extreme, quick games move toward speedball, and unfortunately those are the people that or more likely to cheat. i think people just get away for it. And ur first point about this being a woodsballish forum is also, wrong. i have been on MCB for about 3.5 years and its a variety of play styles, thats is what makes MCB. For the record the past year i have played mostly woods balled, and i am 17, i help run a feild/ref.
Dylan6-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:03 PM   #43 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Dylan, I think the problem many of us have is the attitude towards cheating. Many tourny/speedballers have accepted cheating as part of the game. It's incredibly blatent whereas the woodsball cheaters have the decency to know it's wrong and try to hide it

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.

Last edited by DarkStar; 10-27-2006 at 07:03 PM. Reason: This post has lots of sarcasm... I don't condone any cheating :)
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:18 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiba-Kun View Post
LOL! What's with the fashion critique? Youngblood used to wear a suit, Oh was known far his plaid, other people wear ghillies, or kilts, or whatevers.

Individual fashion is one of the great things that makes paintball so cool.

Not calling yourself on a legitimate hit... not so much room for discussion about that.
He also said he didn't like the logos everywhere. There's hardly individuality in picking a brand name jersey to wear, so I agree with him on that point.

However, crazy paintball battle-dress is great, my Mad Max style one will be hitting the field a lot more in the spring, and my scorpion trenchcoat will see the outlaw fields a lot around here in the winter.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #45 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenstern View Post
He also said he didn't like the logos everywhere. There's hardly individuality in picking a brand name jersey to wear, so I agree with him on that point.
Choosing to wear a "brand name jersey" is a choice in and of itself. Plus within each brand there's among other things: style/model, color, personalization, etc. and all those things change yearly so every year you'll have another layer of fashion to choose from.

Jersey style tops are now varied enough that they run the gamut from camo designs, to full pro team replicas.

In paintball you can go out in a tank top, you can play in some camo, you can go the pro team jersey route, you can dress up as some fantasy character, etc. I can't really think of too many other activities where you'd find that much variety.
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #46 (permalink)
BAAaaaaaaaa!

O.k. I just watched the video....all I can say is Wow.

What I think is funny is the guy who gets hit in the thumb, near his feedneck is the same guy who later does the "I'm a badass" stare while paint drips down his lens....No doubt he is complaining because someone "Played on" or "wiped"....That kills me, Cheaters are always the ones to get all irate when someone cheats or even looks as though they are cheating.
Personally I do exactly what someone did to him, Shoot them in the lens, Then I yell "wipe that one jerky!!, Everyone will see the paint in the grooves around your lens"

Cheaters

God is Great, Beer is Good, and People are Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilerman View Post
"Silence...I'll bunker you!"
Sic Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
Hands down record holder for the largest purchase ever from BigMatt
Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:05 AM   #47 (permalink)
Post Whore

OK, y'all, apparent'y didn't see my big grinning smileys when I said I didn't like the fashion..

I was joking around!!

I like milsim, I like cowboys and indians, or whatever. Seriously, dress how you want.

I do admit I kinda dislike the arena sport/ extreme look with the enduro racing lookalike outfits, but it is a minor dislike.

I run around in 1980's vintage Marine corps camo designed for jungle. And I wear a whiteboard Doc's machine t-shirt under it. I hardly could be a critic of other fashion sense.

So, settle down, I'm not bashin ya if you choose to dress like a dork..

Someday, I would like to dress like this guy in a scenario,

so really who am I to talk?
Christian Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone