mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-26-2006, 12:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Post Whore

CORNY
Next time add more yelling and crazy camera angles. Maybe start an episode with you parachuting into your attic, then you immediatley come under fire from the french resistance. I can see it now....
Please read the MCB Rules.
SuperHiQuality87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Wookie D*ck

Laame. The first one, evolution, is even worse.
russc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Steve

Fan of EMR
Wow... what retards are coming up with this stuff. Typically the idea of marketing is to make you feel like "my God! I must have this!", I however feel like "well what the hell was that all about?".

You're selling a gun. Tell me about, oh I dunno... maybe the gun. Does it have features that set it apart in any way or is it just another gun of the hundreds of nearly identical things to choose from? I am going to sue Smart Parts for taking away a good 4 minutes of my life... what a waste!
Old 10-27-2006, 09:50 AM   #14 (permalink)

That hooded figure is such a rip-off of the G-Man from Half Life, right down to the voice (probably the same guy).

Smart Parts is silly. And they buy crappy furniture.
BlindeSeher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

What some are not getting is that not all commercials are about a product but some are simply about branding. It is not about what they want you to buy specifically, but for you to know of them as a company. “Hey, what are they talking about?”… and then you go find out.

Another thing some are not getting is that not all commercials are supposed to be the best every made. Turn on your TV and look to what is seen between shows and on commercial breaks. I bet we can all point out quite a few that are corny, stupid, or don’t seem to make any sense. And how many times do we watch a commercial and not really know what is being “sold” until the very end? More and more I would say.

Let’s also not forget the power of a BAD advertisement(s). We often forget the good ones, but we NEVER forget the bad ones. And that does not mean we will not buy a product from that company either, in spite of what many online would like to claim. Or how about that awful radio spot that we can’t get out of our heads? I HATE THEM… but they work. LOL

My take? Sure they are corny. Sure they don’t appeal to everyone. But they are made and shown. How many other paintball companies have done the same and created such a buzz while doing it? And I honestly think that the problems folks seem to have stem more from them not liking SP than them having valid issues with the commercials. I would bet that if the same things were made but by their favorite paintball company they would be praising them to high heaven. But of course folks will probably try to deny that….
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
Moderating in Moderation

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
ehhh. It's a commercial.
You want a does of reality and wrongness in the commercial industry? Watch the cartoon network or Nick in the morning. Nothing like watching carefully crafted marketing aimed directly at innocent minds.

However -
I would love to play on a course/field like that one.
Politically, Socially and Aerodynamically Incorrect
Everything I have ever loved is immoral or illegal
Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur.
stewart potter common sense, elephant and duck tests
Force this into a gaussian distributed parabolic curve!
oldschool is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to paulc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shartley View Post
And I honestly think that the problems folks seem to have stem more from them not liking SP than them having valid issues with the commercials. I would bet that if the same things were made but by their favorite paintball company they would be praising them to high heaven. But of course folks will probably try to deny that….

TRUTH.
From the start, this thread has been less about the ad, and more about bashing smart parts.
And reading the yammering going on between the members? I think the sole purpose of PBN is to just make everyone @ MCB (and the pog, phog, pgpog, etc) feel better about themselves. It never ceases to amaze me that people can be that stupid.
paulc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Red

CCM Fan
[Announcer Voice]

You too can become chosen to be trained by Darth Gardner and Adam Sidious to control the deep powers of the Smart Parts Dark Side!

Own an Ion look-alike and carry NO extra paint while wearing your glue on goggles and you can fight blue guys that fall from the sky from nowhere without paintball markers as well as three Venom-esque looking warriors that have 1998 automags with Kapp 2 foot drop forwards! Either way you will have a warp feed like hose connecting to nothing in particular in the genre of Sgt. Splatter's auto-lotto-balls!

You will be trained, young Qui-Gon Chode, not to use the force - but to SEW anyone who does use the force because you will have paid ONE MILLION DOLLARS to buy into a bogus patent. In reality WDP already own the 'force' patent, but that won't matter because you are not only a paintball player - but a patent LAWYER! [/announcer voice]

[Yoda voice] Sew us they did. [/Yoda voice]

[Gardner voice] Your damned right we sewed you! We couldn't not stop your powers, so we patented what you already KNEW! [/Gardner Voice]

[Announcer voice] Come, buy an Ion, for 150 dollars you can feel like you are a part of our team! Feel like you can play! Talk **** as if you actually DO play! Tell EVERYONE that your Smart Parts Ion is better than thier ACTUAL tournament marker! If that doesn't work - do what we do - SEW THE BASTARDS! [/announcer voice]

TF

TF's MCB Trust.
Talfuchre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to paulc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talfuchre View Post
[Announcer voice] Come, buy an Ion, for 150 dollars you can feel like you are a part of our team! Feel like you can play! Talk **** as if you actually DO play! Tell EVERYONE that your Smart Parts Ion is better than thier ACTUAL tournament marker! If that doesn't work - do what we do - SEW THE BASTARDS! [/announcer voice]
I'd take an ion over a shocker or a dm in a tournament any day of the week. That's pretty PBNish to say that just because a marker is inexpensive that it is unfit for tournament play. Have you ever actually shot an Ion?
And reading the yammering going on between the members? I think the sole purpose of PBN is to just make everyone @ MCB (and the pog, phog, pgpog, etc) feel better about themselves. It never ceases to amaze me that people can be that stupid.
paulc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulc View Post
I'd take an ion over a shocker or a dm in a tournament any day of the week. That's pretty PBNish to say that just because a marker is inexpensive that it is unfit for tournament play. Have you ever actually shot an Ion?
Could you explain your preferance? I've never shot any of those guns, but I've never heard anything bad about DM's except their price. Or are you saying an ion is just as good on the field with a much lower cost of entry?

-MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder_Pilot View Post
It will eventually get to the point where you're living in the back of a '78 Oldsmobile with a trunk full of the finest paintball gear known to man.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone