mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-26-2006, 08:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Wearing a SpecOps Broadsword harness...

So, I bought a SpecOps Broadsword harness, and I like most of the features, but one thing has me puzzled...

They provide 'belt-keepers' to help your harness stay positioned on your chest. Basically, with 6 pods and an air tank in the rear of the harness, it becomes back-heavy and the front comes up to choke you! So, the belt-keepers are straps that come off the front of the harness and loop through your belt, hence keeping the front tied down. However, when wearing BDUs, the BDU blouse comes down on the front over the belt. In fact, any t-shirt would come down over the belt unless tucked in. How do you guys get around this problem, since I'm not the only one with BDUs and a Broadsword around here... Here's a picture for reference. I'm the guy on the right, notice my blue BDU belt there? That's because I pulled the BDU blouse out of the way and tucked it to the side, but MAN does that look stupid (I did an ok job tucking it in, but you'll notice on my left side (looking at the picture) you can see the blouse sticking out a little):

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Those are for a pistol belt.

You use those loops on a pistol belt that is worn overtop your blouse.

Nice hurc there btw.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 02:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

Exactly what Robertsr said. The keepers are made for use with a pistol belt. Not your trouser belt. I have the same thing with my Cops911 vest.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Damage Inc. Emperor

For those of us that are still thin, I find that a rising vest will just raise the pistol belt as well unless you have something to hold it down. Things like a leg holster, ammo pouches, ...a big gut. I've been where you are at Spindoctor.
The Weltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Thanks for the replies, everyone! On Underground Mod Shop, several people also suggested that I snug up the side straps. I bought a Small-Medium vest, I'm not a very large guy, and it still has some room, so I'll try that. I've always use my BDU belt as my pistol belt, looping my AGD Sydarms through it, since the holsters had small pass-thru slots for belts, and a web belt would never fit... I think I'll try snugging it up on the side a bit. Thanks again!

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
Old 10-27-2006, 03:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
You ever thought of just getting fatter?

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 03:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
I've been addicted to Peanut M&Ms lately... that just might work, Robert!

** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Old 10-27-2006, 05:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Distruster of Joggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDoctor15 View Post
I've been addicted to Peanut M&Ms lately... that just might work, Robert!
Eat the green peanut M&Ms they will make you fatter much quicker, although they can be very elusive.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:29 AM   #9 (permalink)

iirc, in this "B-72 Notes" page that I read, it suggests to soldiers to tuck in their bdu (well, jungle fatigues when this was written) blouses. The reason being so they could quickly put spent magazines into the blouse, not having to fumble with pockets. It also noted this was more productive since LC gear makes the bottom pockets hard to use.... I've not tried playing "tucked in" But then, I don't carry much onto the field with me. It's either the stock class bra, or a pair of WWII X-spenders with a pistol belt. (M-16 pouches work great for 10 rnd tubes and 12gs) Usually the only things that go in the blouse pockets are a clothe diaper to wipe the windshield, empty tubes and 12gs, barrel condom, and sometimes and small mirror....(peek around things...

Catchya on the Flip Side.....

Emerald Wolf -- try that....
Emerald Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone