mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-19-2006, 09:40 AM   #21 (permalink)
Red=Moderator

Like a Christmas Tree!!!!

But like Al said...I've learned to be a much better player and shooter over the years and try my best to not overshoot...with rare exceptions.

The christmas tree story....

Playing in a friends backyard which backed up to green space (woods)...A buddy and I had gotten chased out of the woods (it was dumb to not take the hits and stay in the woods) and jumped for cover behind a mulch pile.... realizing we were going to get surrounded and lit up ourselves we did the "on three" and there was my friend advancing on us....I unloaded on him with the trracer...did the standard shoot till he stops....it also got everybody else to turn and run back to the woods.

And then 4 years ago at Skirmish we were playing against a bunch of cheats from inner city NY City that wouldn't leave the game..even if overshot...so last game of the day we were on the speedball course as a paint waster.... well I had to hit people in the head and upper torso many times until refs would actually pull them from the game...the vm and I had a very good day that day.
Schmitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 12:05 PM   #22 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Send a message via AIM to sgt-spam

I've been shot in the back of the head by team mates (noobs) off the break.

Most of the places I play have a surrender policy if you're within 10-15 feet - I had a guy fire on me three or four times at point blank range and claim I scared him. After a few seconds of lip from him, he got shot in the chest an equal number of times point blank. Amazingly enough he wasn't 'scared' enough to fire so close on anyone else the rest of the evening.

If I'm out with a group of friends somewhere, I usually play a few suicide games on the speedball fields. You know - walk slowly up the middle firing on anyone you see... This normally results in me being everyone else's target. The resulting welts, bruises, and blood usually cause my wife to ask why I like playing when I end up looking like that... It's fun for me anyway...
sgt-spam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
I overshot a guy at the first scenario I've been to. I was at MXS' Jagged Alliance game in KS.

I was waiting for some of my friends to come in from a reinsertion so I decided to just post myself as a sentry a ways out to the side of our base and wait for them.
Anyways, while I was waiting I saw the reinserting group comming into the base and they were all trying to re-organize themselvs and get some mission running groups together when a guy came running up along this path leading into the rear of our base. Apparently he slipped by the rear sentrys just by taking his arm band tape off and saying "boy am I glad to see you guys"

So then when he got past them he lobs a satchel charge at the group of reinserted players and took them all out.

So since I was still about 40 feet outside of the base, I was one of the only people left alive on my team. So I made the best use possible of my Piranah's double trigger. I thought I was doing a spread just to make sure I hit him, but I guess it kind of turned into a single streem. I'm pretty sure I had about 15+ hits on him.
The refs said, "man you didn't need to lite him up like that"
and I said, "I'm sorry, at least they all didn't hit him."
And I apologized to the player even though he was still all jazed about eliminating 20+ of our guys with his satchel.
So then the refs said, "ok, just be easier on the trigger next time"
and I said "Yes, sir, I'll be good"

So, I guess the lesson that I learned from that was to hose anyone without arm band tape that trys to enter my perimeter.
Oh, and post smarter sentrys on my base's rear approach. I still don't know why they didn't at least barrel tag him.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
Shiny. Let's be bad guys

Send a message via AIM to Kindred Send a message via MSN to Kindred

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Playing at a buddy's bachelor party, first game of this year.
Only 2 of us w/ any experience, everyone else in our group plays maybe once a year as walkon-renters.

Private group for most of the day when one of the refs asked if we wanted to play against another private group that showed up.

We said 'sure'.
After about 3 honest games, where we rolled them pretty badly. (Totally due to superior communication, mostly newbies on both teams.)
In game 4 they started cheating like I've never seen. I gogged one guy w/ lime green polar ice....and he continued to shoot it out with me, even though he couldnt see a thing!

Apparently the rest of my team was experiencing similar sportsmanship and came on for the next game all ready to sink to thier level. Not wanting to play in a game like that, I suggested that we just make sure they WANTED to leave the field when hit.

Our entire team proceeded to play a completley honest game, hit men leaving the field.....but we over-shot like hell. 10 solid hits when 1 would have sufficed quite nicely.

We ran 4 more games like that, and not a single incident of "playing on" or wiping. Go figure!

As for my favorite buddy w/ the gog shot? ....one of those games I got behind their lines and cleaned out every bunker w/ double taps to the back.......except for him who I 'accidentlly' pulled a little high on put a double tap into the back of his thick-*** skull.
(from well outside the 15' surrender zone)

Not games I was overly proud of, but it was warrented.

Strive for that moment when you're only a slice of pizza and a hooker away from paradise.
Kindred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:06 PM   #25 (permalink)
Icognito Remiss Firebrand

Send a message via AIM to incynr8

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
Palmers Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt-spam
I've been shot in the back of the head by team mates (noobs) off the break.
I $%^T$! can't stand that. Someone did that to me at Castle last fall, I was WELL into the edge of the tippmann town and a fellow defender backheaded me while I was blasting inserting attackers on the game break with my nasty. All that running off the whistle with a 14lb marker just to get tagged by someone in the hotel. Ugh.

Or speedball and the break shots to the head, nothing worse to feel as a front guy trying to leave to have your 'mates drill you at the start of your run! I try and play field edge off the break when I dont know everyone now.
incynr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 11:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
Post Whore

I've had my fair share of lighting someone up. But the one type of player I have no remorse for is a ghille suit player. Saw one get a single tap. He kept running. Then he got double tapped, and he still ran. The guy finally unloaded on the suit. The suit ducked into a structure for a minute, and came out pretty clean. The shooter chased the suit down the trail a bit and then just gave up. As the song goes, "No Remorse, No Repent" when it comes to a ghille suit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
A KL is like a samurai sword and should reflect the soul of the owner.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post160057 MY FEEDBACK
skipjack289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:57 AM   #27 (permalink)
Post Whore

Send a message via MSN to Gabe

The only time I've landed more than one shot during a normal game was when I double loaded my PGP and shot a player in the snake. One ball landed on the side of the players head and the other hit the hopper.

At castle I autotriggered a few players passing a doorway and probably hit them 3 times each, but I'm not sure I even hit them because I didnt see them call out.

"What makes a VM so charming is that you can chop down small trees with it" - Jaan
Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 09:11 AM   #28 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Quote:
I've had my fair share of lighting someone up. But the one type of player I have no remorse for is a ghille suit player. Saw one get a single tap. He kept running. Then he got double tapped, and he still ran. The guy finally unloaded on the suit. The suit ducked into a structure for a minute, and came out pretty clean. The shooter chased the suit down the trail a bit and then just gave up. As the song goes, "No Remorse, No Repent" when it comes to a ghille suit
Are you sure that wasn't just a sasquatch or a yeti?
or, Maybe the guy just figured you couldn't see him anyway so why not run for it?
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
Devious Penguin Mod

Send a message via AIM to Surge-NS

CCM Fan
I've been shot plenty of times by my own guys too in speedball. Part of the sacrifice that you make for the "effective" use of streams is that as a front player, you can't cross them from a position forward of the shooters. People just don't know how to cooperate anymore. Personally I believe firing steams hinders communication and is uneccesary for a diciplined group of players with sound tactical judgement, but that's an LPPC rant for another thread.

Back on topic; I lit up a guy once for wiping an obvious hit to the mask. The ref was on the other side of the field, completely out of audio range of the entire event, and I assumed had not seen him wipe. I called to the guy that he was out multiple times with no response but more incoming shots. So when he turned to shoot at someone else, I just stood straight up and walked to his bunker, stood maybe 8-10 feet away and got his attention by saying "wipe this," and double tapping him. The worst part was what the ref said to me on the way off the field, "Man, you really showed that guy; bet he's not gonna wipe anymore." So the ref saw the whole thing but did nothing.

Aggressive! Kill!

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=50&dateline=121202619  6
Surge-NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 11:14 PM   #30 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron
Are you sure that wasn't just a sasquatch or a yeti?
or, Maybe the guy just figured you couldn't see him anyway so why not run for it?
Judging by the intellegence of the creature, I think it was a Swamp-Thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretG View Post
A KL is like a samurai sword and should reflect the soul of the owner.
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...tml#post160057 MY FEEDBACK
skipjack289 is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone