mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-18-2006, 08:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

ever 'lit someone up' ?

well, i was working on some cleaning of gear today (GF's cousing invited me out to play at a private field in a week or two!) and i got to thinking...

anybody else here shot somebody more than they really needed to?

i would like to hear some stories... so here's mine.

a few weeks before christmas (just before snowfalls) i was invited out to another friends 'private' field, two of his uncles and some cousins were comming in from BC, Canada for christmas, and wanted to play.
the cousins were on some speed/hyper/x ball team and the uncles were both scenario players, all sponsored.
so, i get there, with the HPA tank i had at the time, my Mokal Titan, mask, borrowed pack&pods ect. the uncles had brought a couple scuba tanks for re-fills and about 15 cases of paint, i split a case of Arctic Inferno for a grand total of $15 candian.

we play hard, i had used up about 500 rounds in the first half of the day. the uncles are playing a hard but fair game, the cousins are about as bad as tourny players get. (this is all in the woods). the next game, i take only my hopper and my marker out with me. somehow i got in behind the cheating little bugger and watched him overshoot a buddy who had also been invited out to play (we're talking 15 shots or so from a Shocker, in all of 1 second)

i get a little angry, but keep my position, and another player gets hosed down up by him.

i shot him once, he couldn't see me and wiped it off, then (shameful for me) i stitched him across his back, side of his mask and marker, about 8 shots total, he calls himself out, looking real pissed.

any other want to share?

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

I see nothing wrong with what you did as the first set/shot was wiped. Using the excuse that you need to hit someone 15 times because they will wipe is not valad. Shoting someone 15 time after they wipe is another story in most cases. the exception whould be in a referied environment where the refs are stand up people.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
terrible speller

Send a message via AIM to knightmare96

Only once

I was playing at a new indoor field, and the ref's were kinda green. The other team was cheating terribly, and refs werent doing a thing. Worst part was we had some first time players, and some younger guys on my side, and they kept getting lit up by E-gripped A5's(full auto was allowed). Needless to say the new guys weren't having much fun.

Finally I got shot by a guy 8 times, I called myself out, and then got shot another 5 times. Overshooting was an understatement for these guys. I can usually take a few extra bonus balls with a smile if im making a rush, or the guy didnt hear me. But I yelled HIT, and it was kinda a last straw kinda thing.

The next Game my buddy and I flanked them and got behind them without them knowing (Hard to do on an indoor field.) I turned a corner, and the guy who had just lit me up was standing 20 feet away from me looking the other way. I don't know how many times I shot him, but it is the one and only time I have taken revenge on a paintball field.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
About 7 years ago, during high school, I was playing a game with some friends at a local field. A guy showed up to play that day that I knew in school and didn't particularly like...

Out on the woods field, we played a game where one team tried to storm a hill against the other team, and you had to cross a ravine to get to the base of the hill. This guy that I didn't like (we'll call him Stewie, since I can't remember his name), Stewie, was playing on the hill-defending team. He had come down toward the ravine and was the closest player to us. At one point he turned and ran back up the hill, exposing his back to me. I stood up from my hiding place and had a wide open view of him. I got so excited that I just let it rip and nailed him in the back a whole bunch of times. I didn't really count how many I shot, but in retrospect, it wasn't very nice.

I tend to overthink things and regret any harm I do to others, so I did apologize profusely, but needless to say, it taught me a lesson about letting your personal feelings guide your game. It's not a good thing...

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

There's a guy that I play with who thinks he's God's gift to paintball, but in reality he isn't too good, and doesn't even own his own gun (he shoots a cocker that he's borrowing from a guy, and when I ask if he has a gun yet he says the cocker is his. I then remind him its not. He then responds with "posession is 9/10 of the law." Then I just leave... because he's dumb). He also hates to be bonus balled.

Well we were playing and he was acting like "Mr. Big Shot" because he got me in one of the many games we played. Well we were about to leave, and I didn't have many balls left (40 or so) so I challange him to a 1 Vs. 1. I shoot maby 20 or so getting kinda close. Then from about 10 feet away I Shot the rest at him, only about 9-10 actually hit him. He was pissed, but I got a good laugh out ot it. He even tried to start a fight with me over it... ya... good times.

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
I am not a macodomy!!

If there was a player who was know to bonus ball or wipe or overshoot and he got overshot I would not feel bad at all. Goes around, comes around. Would it be me overshooting him? Don't know, probably yes, allthough pretty hard with a Phantom would probably just gogg him. That would most likely sting more than the extra balls.
I did hit my buddies wife with like 5-6 balls one game but not on purpose, she was right next to another player behind a bunker and I was cross field after a move and just ripped a string at them. About 10-12 balls and about half hit her and 1 hit the other guy. She asked my buddy why I kept shooting her after the first one and he explained that they were all in the air before the first one got there. So she wasn't pissed at me.
Playing with my son often I would hate to see him over shot and any other younger players be overshot, just leave a bad taste in a new players mouth.
caplucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
I'll split your arrow!

Send a message via AIM to mark Send a message via MSN to mark

I've been overshot by new players many times.

1. hurricane
An temporary alliance formed between the ocean and the sky with the goal of killing people. The ocean's ability to attack the land is limited, so it lends the sky some of its water and energy so it can assault people farther inland then it normally could.
Hurricanes are far more powerful then the storms the sky creates on its own. They are just another reason the ocean must be destroyed.
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Firestorm

7 times is my record the guy kept running, getting closer and closer. He didn't acknowledge my shots were hitting, so neither did I.

Lets say that he was about 10-15 feet when the last few hit him. Greatest thing was he had no idea where they were coming from, until he seen me and called himself out. Then said something along the lines of f@*k man you shot me like 7 times.

My reply Sorry...
Old 04-18-2006, 10:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to badkarma

Well, a couple weeks ago, I was playing and I got a double tap in center mass, I yell hit and stand up to walk out, as I turned I got hit 5-6 times and hear giggling from the bunker. I was not happy.
I made it to the edge, reinserted(allowed, 45 min scenario) and clover leafed around to the happy bunker that got me.
I shot one from a concealled position one shot, he whiped, I had 3 in the bunker, so I stood up, fired my scpter underneath my A-5, And cut loose a figure 8 pattern on turbo on my E-grip for about 4-5 seconds. Then the laughing was done.
A referee asked me what was up and I explained it, he ADMITTED he saw him wipe the hit, I asked why he didn't do anything and he said "like what?"
I went on to finish the game then went home.
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
Stock Class Sauté

I've been accused of bonus balling with a SC gun a few times...
Chefdave is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone