mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   I've got an itching for something custom!! (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/5711-ive-got-itching-something-custom.html)

Painthappy 10-28-2006 10:09 AM

I've got an itching for something custom!!

All this talk about bad experiences with their airsmiths is making me want to do something custom. Figures right?

I just can't decide what right now... It's killing me.

I have a few ideas running through my head. Maybe hacking up my blazer, or get a blazer to hack up.

Or maybe I should just pick up a new primary gun? Should I go electro or not? I could go either way. I'm more leaning towards non-electro. But with some of those electros on ebay (E cockers, ETC), it's becoming tough to pass them up!!!

Then there's the hopper. I have yet to actually find a hopper I liked and actually works. Whatever I have now, is duct taped as the plastic shell broke. Only 1/2 worked anyhow. I mean, is it just me and my electrical field (aka my awesome aura) interfering with the hopper?? Or does everyone have these issues?

So here's the poll, and a question:

1. Should I pick up an existing gun or have one taylor made? Again, I'm hesitant to get JAE (Just Another Electro) but, I'm thinking of hitting some tournaments next yet, and don't exactly want to be completely out guned.
I could stick with the E-Vector, but I'm thinking of something else to do the job. Anyhow... The more important question:

2. And what hopper do YOU use, that actually works for you?

Just thinking out loud, and thanks in advance for the help!!!!

CB

Fluff 10-28-2006 10:13 AM

two words Carter-Pump Vector!

nunrleft 10-28-2006 10:18 AM

If you don't have a electro at all, pick one up. Everyone should have one electro just for the fun of it.

I use an Evolution II hopper with the stock board. Handles about 17 bps. I can't shoot that fast anyhow, but it sure keeps chopping to a minimum. I use it on my M1 Mag and Thompson Cocker (both mechs). My electro is an A5.

DarkStar 10-28-2006 11:04 AM

I've been very happy with my Halo B. Bought it for Castle in the Spring and it served quite well all season. The only complaints i've heard about it were weight and capacity.

Capacity: Can't hold as much as my revy. This is true, however it still holds plenty of rounds. I had to slightly change my reload routine. With the Revy you can reload with quite a bit in the loader, with the Halo you do have to wait till it's much closer to empty. This hasn't really bothered me, once I got used to it, not a problem.

Weight: Empty weight is definately heavier than the Revy. But here's the thing. Full weight is about the same(remember, reduced capacity). I didn't notice any balance problems with the gun compared with the two.

Overall I've been very happy with the purchase and would recommend it.

For the gun question: Clearly you need to buy the invert-mini and have rainman fit into some other gun body, you know you wanna :D

-MR

Dylan6-0 10-28-2006 11:29 AM

1. i love elctros deffly think u should get something custom, be it a hand made thing or just a modded out elctro. If i had the money thats where i would be going with this.

2.halo b is the best hopper i ever owned, i hate eggs. i also bought the halo b with ripp drive for 35$ so that might make me a little easyer to please. The new emipres are suppose to be a bit more durable. The only thing i dont like is the button, and how it only takes .5 to turn on witch is kinda hard to get use to.

grimace 10-28-2006 11:31 AM

I recently got my first EP after a lot of looking around. It's an '05 ICD Promaster. Great under rated gun at a great price (now even lower). Only thing I don't care for is the stock feedneck (doesn't clamp) and the ram (hard to disassemble), but they can be upgraded, along with almost everything on the marker.

The other markers I was considering were twice the price or more. From what I've seen their build quality and performance aren't that much better (if at all) to justify the higher cost.

I bought a vlocity because my z-boarded egg couldn't keep up with my promaster (in semi!). It's not a perfect hopper but it feeds fast, has a solid one piece feedneck, and the anti-jam feature works very well. The battery life sucks, I'm just glad I have rechargeables.

Brewtt 10-28-2006 12:02 PM

Quote:

I've got an itching for something custom!!
Says the guy with the free brand new custom KL. :rolleyes: Damn you straight to hell-o, you bastard. :p :LMAO:

As far as hoppers go. Force fed or agitated? I only use agitated hoppers. I don't shoot THAT fast.

If agitated, I love the Empire Reloader 2(not B). Good magnetic lid. SOUND ACTIVATED! Yay! You shoot once... it spins... you shoot a lot... it spins a lot. You shoot the hopper EMPTY is stays SILENT! UNLIKE Revy's that sit there and spin and spin when the hopper is empty. OR you set the gun on the ground and the balls fall out of the neck and the Revy spins and spins looking for a ball to cover the eye. ARGH! DRIVES ME NUTS!

Mstrtal 10-28-2006 12:46 PM

I have NEVER had a problem with my Ricochet Apache. I like it better then any otherhopper I have ever used...then agian I am a cheap bastad and cant see paying more for a hopper then a gun.

melkson 10-28-2006 12:56 PM

I'm also a fan of the Richoet Apache. Just about the same reason. I'm a paint miser, and this works great for me. Now if I could just get it set up for sound activated...

wolf13 10-28-2006 01:02 PM

Pre BE revy's after burnign thorugh halo's and not really using electro's anymore they are sufficeint and work fine.

as far as being outgunned, thats a state of mind. just play more to keep in practice and you'll be fine with anytihng you want to use. if you really want to go elector or at least fast mech, besides the old cockers; i am really likeing some of the mags that are out there, and theres a lto of options.