mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-30-2006, 11:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
CCI Pistolier

more 12 gram shots?

I'm looking to increase 12 grams shot count on my piranha USP. I was only getting about 5 shots per 12 gram. The temp was 35-40 (yes I was playing in that) and I was using a harder main spring and a stock valve spring. the velocity was turned all the way up. I was trying to reach 285 FPS but wasn't able to. I beleive I need to use the softer main spring and a heavier valve spring or at least use my lighter of the two springs and the valve spring i already have. I think warm weather will help too. I have gotten 22 good shots and 8 poor shots(but did break under 30feet) off of one 12 gram in 40 degree weather.

Any advice on basic 12 gram goals let me know. I have two different valves one it very open with a larger flow and the other is your stock spyer/piranha style valves.

thanks

-Spaz
spaz66777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm guessing that you're running into an issue with how long the CO2 takes to convert from a liquid to a gas with that small a bottle and in gun reservoir for holding the gas. That and the fact that even in that heat the cartridge would chill quickly with that high a drain on it.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
GWC Lifetime Member

The only thing that might help would be to run vertical via a dummy addaptor. This is so you dont slug the valve with liquid, and thus reduce you shot count. When using one of my nelspots in cold weather I eith use my C/A regulated 007 or a stock(reprung) ,12 gram in grip007. I can get 25 shots at 35 degress but velocity is 210, if I try to get more out of it (without swaping a powertube) it suffers and can get above 300 if it warms up fast. I can tell you right now that a stock Nel-spot gets 10 shots at zero degrees, the 11th not being usable (that was also waiting 1 t0 2 seconds between shots) 5 shots of a 12 gram at 35 on any blowback sounds good. Now you could swap ou the valve as well, but its more about expirimentation, as there are far to many varibles to calculate.
Al Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
CCI Pistolier

Yeah I guess I will just try different things to see what works. I have some time today to test some things out. Thanks guys.

-spaz

Anymore help would be nice.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:27 AM   #5 (permalink)
Shop Smart,Shop S-Mart

i Upgraded the shot count on my 12 gram mag by adding a sideline stabilizer
doc Zox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 11:56 AM   #6 (permalink)
Lord humungus the Mod

Send a message via AIM to kidneythief

With a blowback you are pretty limited.

You can first start with a heavy valve spring/light main and start swapping and see where your balance occurs...you want the shortest amount of valve dwell while maintaining a decent velocity. Short, high pressure spurts of air from the valve will be the most efficient. You are also looking at a fair amount of excess air that is wasted on the blow back portion. The only way to decrease that would be to machine a new valve stem that allows less air to pass through to the hammer.

-Jake

"I wish simply to be a decent person, yet I will always fear the retards" -Brian Hindt(geech)

MCB Moderator

Kidney Machine
kidneythief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Cold weather and CO2 don't mix. It's going to be really hard to get decent effcieny with 12 grams in those types of tempratures. It can be done with CA tanks and a good reg, but that'll be more then your gun, and would take away the whole feel of a pistol. If anybody would know, it'd be Doc Nickel.

AKA Snuggles Smith

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5149
Do Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
CCI Pistolier

These are a few things I have done to it to improve performance

This valve is what I used on my spyder and it worked well. It has a harder valve spring too.

With this I got an extra 4 shots off of one 12 gram before it started to "fart out".
Old 11-02-2006, 09:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have a 98c with a Cyclone feeder on it; I can get 20 shots at semi. Than another 10 if I feed the ball and cock the marker manually all on a 12 gram. I havenít shot it cold yet, would the orientation affect the performance of the 12 gram?

pep
Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone