mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
It's an Oregon Scientific ATC2K. You can get if from them directly or search froogle to find it cheaper. I'm not sure where it was purchased from since my wife bought it for my birthday present.

I was practically out of the game only having gone a couple times in at least 5 years until last fall. The lower prices and a new perspective on my part have had me out having a blast this past year. Now I'm up for any game type and going to different fields to meet new people and experience new setups while working on improving my skill level. I have even been playing rec speed/airball and enjoying it (never would have before), would love to try it with pumps only.
grimace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to Dave

Hahaha, I know what you mean about a mentality change. I just like to have fun now.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Post Whore

Glad to see you got it up and working. I remember your thread in the General forum.

I was watching it w/o sound right now (I'm at work for a short while on Turkey Day), and I don't know if it was explained in the vid., but I was waiting for the guy in the woodlland camo to stand up right in front of you when you were sending a stream of balls through the window.

Cool seeing the bolt moving, the balls flying out, smoke sfx on the field, etc. Nice vid!
Shiba-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

Nice footage. Sure looked like there was a lot of your players just standing around though. Like the kid you accidentally shot, did he do anything other than sit in the corner of that bunker ? Almost all the shooting that I heard on your cam was done by you. Is that the mic not being very sensitive, or your team mates weren't shooting much ?
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 03:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Power View Post
Nice footage. Sure looked like there was a lot of your players just standing around though. Like the kid you accidentally shot, did he do anything other than sit in the corner of that bunker ? Almost all the shooting that I heard on your cam was done by you. Is that the mic not being very sensitive, or your team mates weren't shooting much ?

No, the amount of paint in the air was absolutely astounding. The mic just picks up what's very local to it apparently.

The number of people who were sitting around was crazy though. My hut looked the same way too. I was playing it similarly to Grimace, behind and outside it instead of inside it. I was working the right tape and there was 5 kids sitting inside waiting for me to get whacked so they could take their turn at the back of the hut. Other kids would run out of paint or air and just sit inside one waiting for something to happen. More and more players were running up and trying to get inside, yelling at me to get out of the way and like jumping over me and crap, hahaha.

Overall the big game experiance is pretty silly and actually more fun then I thought it was going to be.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
What actual camcorder do you use? Or is the ATC the self-contained camera unit?

I think HelmetCamera.com provides the video lens, and you need to supply the camcorder. The ATC must be a self-sufficient unit...

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ghost with the most

Send a message via AIM to Phantom Power Send a message via MSN to Phantom Power

The ATC is self contained if I recall.
Phantom Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
ophthalmotropic

CCM Fan
Fortunately I didn't lay a rope into that kid, just popped one into his shoulder. I felt bad about it even though it was probably a bad idea for him to park his butt in front of me. I wouldn't sit in front of a guy with cold fingers, gloves, and a hair trigger, snaping out of a three inch wall.

What you can't see (and hear) is the virtual wall of paint that was flying through the air. You can see me getting impatient looking for an opportunity to bump up, and a couple places where you can hear me say "whoa" are when something like a pod worth of paint just flew by my head.

There was something like 400+ on each side that day, all various skill levels. The final game of the day is mostly just use up your paint and air anarchy.

I pretty much go to CBGs to mow down large groups of squids (I know, straight to hell) until I get in a firefight with some team or a solo player with skill. There are some younger players that tend to mill around without a clear goal, so I've been known to lead a small group off on some half-assed mission or a charge. Not sure why people follow me, and it's pretty funny when they don't.

The mic on my camera isn't very sensitive but I kind of like that because it doesn't pick up a lot of noise like breathing and such. I do need to find some video editing software to add captions and other stuff.

The ATC is self contained and records onto 2GB SD cards. I'm sure after I use it some more I'll write a review, but so far I'm pretty pleased with it.

The big game is a good way to just cut loose and have some fun as long as you don't take it seriously.

Thanks for all the nice feedback. I'm not really performance savy and was kind of nervous about posting my gameplay and filming for the world to see. A good number of people I met that day seemed to really want to see what the video turned out like and I knew some guys here wanted to see as well. Google did scale the resolution down from 640x480 fyi.

Last edited by grimace; 11-24-2006 at 01:26 AM.
grimace is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone