mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-25-2006, 12:57 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mag-icidal Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmavistime View Post
Anybody have information on the AT85? Really have a craving for one latley. How reliable are those chain drives and are they a really mess to repair?
Shmavis, I've got a couple, plus some accessories I'll be getting putting up for sale in a couple of days; PM me if you're interested, I'll make you a good deal... (I love them, I just need to get rid of the extras to fund some new projects)

To answer your questions, though, about the chain drive:
The chain system itself is pretty reliable overall. As is pretty much the general rule with AT85's, you just need to be cautious to load them correctly and to follow the correct procedure for using them. If you do it wrong and jam a ball, you can bend the pins on the chain. I've only ever done it once.

The only other downside to the magazine system is that if you're using the hopper adapter clip, the extra stress can cause cracks in the magazine shell. They're mainly cosmetic, and a while ago I heard that they're using a stronger plastic now.

Otherwise, I haven't had a single problem with mine in 4 years. If you're careful with maintenance, you shouldn't either.

Now the upside to all this hard work...

You get to play with an AT-85.

Seriously, I've played with lots of guns. I have yet to find one that I like shooting more than my AT.
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone