mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 11-27-2006, 08:23 PM   #11 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Ask the people who made the Tippmann 98 pump kit how theirs sold. Its basically the same idea.
FeedTheDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

As far as I can tell, you can't really make a kit that requires no modification that actually looks like a part of the gun. People want pump guns that actually look like pump guns, not semis with a pump and a long rod slid over the barrel. The Sniper kits look like a part of the gun, and is really incorporated into the design. The Tippman kits just kinda looks like it's just slide on there, and doesn't really look like a part of the gun. That's my opinion.

AKA Snuggles Smith

Feedback
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5149
Do Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

Well I do actually have an idea of how to do it so it kind of looks like autococker pump kits but I have to think about it more and design it and do some research.
Adam
admeech29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howling phantom View Post
Also, you would need to drill out a new air hole in the bolt, because it is now in a different place than when it was semi.
Shouldn't it still match up with the valve like a semi spyder?
Old 11-27-2006, 09:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Post Whore

I'm dong a pump conversion on a Piranha right now. PIcs to come soon once the project moves on a bit.

You'll need a new valve pin with a snug no slop but sliding fit and no flats for the gas and a valve body with no blowback holes or at least a pin to push fit to plug the hole. Then you need a pump shaft off the front and a pump handle. Then you need some very explicit instructions to cut the hole needed for the pump rod to fit.

Separating the bolt and hammer is optional. And frankly it would eliminate a lot of troubles if you leave them joined. My first will be joined and then I'm going to do a split with closed bolt style But it'll be more work and beyound the home shop guy that has a Dremel. The joined option could sell as a kit and a template with drill and file or Dremel instructions could be included to do a nice job.

We'll have to see what it's like to play with. Pump guys tend to be a snobbish and techy lot and the idea of a Spyder or Piranha may not hit home with them. Especially if you insist on it being a STOCK CLASS, what with that being the Holly Grail and all of pump.... But a Spyder/Piranha/Other Brand blowback disabled pump conversion that can be sold cheap may well find a ready market with new pump players. But you'll be up against the Trilogy Sport pump kit conversion. And that'll be a hard act to displace.

PS; I prefer the Piranha over the Spyder because of the far nicer mechanical trigger. It's got a FAR shorter travel than the one off the mechy Spyders. But then of course the Spyder is far easier, almost begs for it in fact, to convert it to a stock class thanks to the replacable feed tube setup.
miracle in some small way.........
Railgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

So what, would the kit only be for vert feed spyders? That way you could easily take the feed off and stick on the sc feed. Also you'd need a special valve setup (mainly the pin and new bolt and internals....right?
FeedTheDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

I am hoping rail gun will work with me on this and hopefully we can come up with something. I am just waiting for railgun to pm me back. Also it would be best if it were vert feed spyders but you never know.

Adam
Old 11-27-2006, 10:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

I am sorry guys but it doesn't seem worth the time to make this pump kit because not many people would want to buy it. But if you think different or have other ideas just pm me.

Thank you,
Adam
Old 11-27-2006, 11:56 PM   #19 (permalink)

There are several people on MCB, including myself, who have already done these conversions. Do a search for spyder pump. I've got the cad specs for the new pin and hammer if you need them for your own use, non retail. No need to change the location for the air passage to the bolt. The hardest part is the elimination of the blowback to the hammer, which I accomplished by installing an O ring inside the valve. My sig pic is my compact 2000 conversion.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:03 AM   #20 (permalink)

Could I get those CAD pictures from you. This retail version was more aimed towards the general public. Thank you. I would truely appreciate your help. Thank you.
Adam

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone