mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 03-19-2009, 04:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

Neil's pricing, shipped:

1 = $45
2 = $85
3 = $125

I can check on larger quantities if you want.

Liquid Dimension Imaging is the company name I tried to mention earlier.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
more gooder

Fan of EMR
CCM Fan
The pricing I received was nowhere near that good.
dukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Five four three two one

If someone will set up a bulk order I'm game for one, maybe two.
onecaribou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Nihilistic Mystics

Many years ago, I looked into the Staubli connectors and I believe the pricing I was quoted direct from Staubli was $6.95 ea. for the RBE 03.6250 (male threaded plug) and $19.30 ea. for the RBE 03.1200 (female coupling).

Looks like pricing has increased a good bit on them, but if you guys are looking for somebody to jump in and order a batch, I can probably do that. I never wound up stocking Pro-Connects as remotes were on the way out at that time, but everything old is new again...
Old 04-06-2009, 09:59 PM   #25 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to nchittendon

Well, for starters, you don't want the RBE-03. It is not built to handle paintball pressures and duties. It will explode in your face. The part in which was titled the Proconnect was specifically made for paintball and was stamped "paintball." Those on here who have purchased, can vouch for that.

I sell the Proconnects for $45 a piece shipped. I was frustrated in the fact that with Co2, my slide checks were failing repeatedly. I couldn't understand why there was no better way!? Well, I found the Proconnects and knew that I had to help get them back into the hands of paintballers.

If the price of the Proconnect scares you, then you may want to look into the Warlock, which I also sell (my website should be up in the next couple weeks). The Warlock with a remote line goes for $50, and just the coupler goes for $30. Can't beat that with a stick! The Warlock is new, and I am currently running it through the gambit, but the manufacturer assures me that he has field tested it for over a year now with great results.

So, there are options out there, believe me.

Any other questions, please shoot me an email at: midwestcustompaintball@live.com being that I am not here as much as I wish I could be.

Oh, and the paint portion of my business is called Liquid Dimension Imaging. We specialize in Water Transfer Printing.

Thanks!
nchittendon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Actually pressure ratings on the RBE03 go up to 3000 lb per square inch. It depends on which model you get. The high pressure rating on the RBE03 line is "HPG". The next step up is the RBE06 and you can get them rated up to 5000 PSI. However, if you do get an RBE03 not marked for paintball, you really shouldn't use it unless it has the HPG designation. The standard working pressure rating for them is 450 PSI

The real problem with the RBE line that isn't strictly made for paintball is that they have a restricted flow. You don't get enough gas through them, and you can choke a gun that needs the pressure.

I have to say that the Staubli company has fantastic customer service. I got an e-mail and a call back from them a day after I sent my question in, and the rep was VERY helpful and knowledgeable about the products. Makes me wish I could send more business their way.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:38 AM   #27 (permalink)
la la la la revolution

Wow, those Warlocks look like just the ticket.
MondoMor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #28 (permalink)

The way it was explained to me, is that the seal and spring are a different material in the RBE and don't like harsh wear and tear that Co2 puts on them. They told me imminent failure.

The Proconnects are on limited supply because they are not making them anymore. They are basically clearing out old stock. Once they're gone, they're gone. The Warlock is the way to go. Once I have tested a few for my own satisfaction, I have set up a dealership with War Machine to sell these as well.

Keep movin with the changin times!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #29 (permalink)

I guess I haven't updated in a while.

I have tested the Warlocks, and am not a fan. I have become a dealer for them, and have sold a ton. I would say that 95% of them that I have sold (over 100 units), have come back with leaks. I have gotten either an email, or a phone call from my customers asking for help. I lost money on my end because I was promised a free o-ring kit with each Warlock (also called the ProconnectIII) which I did not receive. So I had to pay to order o-ring kits from the company so I could GIVE them to my customers for their satisfaction.

I would recommend sticking with the original Proline Proconnect made by Staubli, it is worth every penny. I have used mine solid for more than two full seasons of play on sundays and wednesdays. Some have proven them amazing with 10 years of use with no issues.

It only makes sense.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
MCB Member

These are the sort of thing I use the HNBR o-rings on. I have two slide checks, an old brass one and a newer stainless model (PSI?). When they started leaking, I rebuilt them with the green o-rings and lubed them with superlube grease. They don't get a ton of use, but they still get hard occasional use. I still use the stainless one at scenarios, and the brass goes to a screw in tank adapter for testing out markers on air or co2 (it is around 20 years old now).

If they get hard to slide, I re-grease them. I don't get why people think they don't have to maintain a slide check. It's almost as hard a service as a back bottle o-ring.

Idk about proconnects, but these just take a snap ring to disassemble. I've noticed proconnects are a different geometry. You might have a manufacturing burr that causes leaks on good o-rings, but you could find that when you change the rings. If it's just a matter of poor seal support, extra lube and stiff o-rings should help.

I should say that my point is this; even if you pay $200 for a slide check, it will need some maintenance eventually and preventative maintenance is easier.

some things are stickier than others
Spider! is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone