mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-24-2006, 12:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Firestorm

First game on paintball in 6 months.

Played at SGT splatters which claims to be Canada largest indoor paintball field. What they don't tell you is,

One ref on the field.

Poor lighting, I couldn't tell where my paintballs where going. I couldn't tell who was on what team. If you hit people or not or anything.

People playing on when being hit, some people were covered in paint. Goggled still kept playing.

Cost was 5 dollar field fee, which covered one free co2 tank fill. Then 11.50 for 100 paintballs.

Sand for ground, sure its indoors. But I had sand in places where I don't even want to talk about.

Last game we played I was the last person on my team, the ref called the game. I didn't even get to go out in a blaze of glory...

Pro-shop didn't have macro line, for my Zues. He said " I've been out for a while, I've been trying to get some but I can't seem to be able to"

I was a 1 to 1 ratio on shooting people. Well one person surrendered. I turned the corner with my 98c, and had the barrel pointed about an inch from his head (I didn't know he was that close I was almost as shocked as him). I couldn't shoot that close. I ducked back around and he called himself out.

Maybe it was just a bad day, I still had a good time because I was there with a bunch of friends. But poor visibility, really ruined it more then anything. I used my other zues for the first game, had to switch because I couldn't tell if I was hitting people or not. 1 shot 1 out just didn't seem to be cutting it.

I may give it one more try down the road. I was not impressed.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

sounds like my i local indoor field before they bought astroturf. Still cheaters, bad lighting, and crappy refs though.
Shmavis_strikes_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 04:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
Quote:
Poor lighting, I couldn't tell where my paintballs where going. I couldn't tell who was on what team. If you hit people or not or anything.
Thats too bad, the last indoor place I was at was kind of like that.
The sad part is when you pull out a flare gun they act like you're doing something wrong!

Quote:
Last game we played I was the last person on my team, the ref called the game. I didn't even get to go out in a blaze of glory...
Thats also too bad, Unless you actually surrendered yourself I believe you are within your right to shoot the ref for that. If I was refing and did that to you I'd expect it and wouldn't feel bad when they broke.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone