mcarterbrown.com

mcarterbrown.com (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/)
-   The Dead Zone (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/)
-   -   Battle Scars (worst paintball related injury) (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/dead-zone/743-battle-scars-worst-paintball-related-injury.html)

knightmare96 04-24-2006 11:49 PM

Battle Scars (worst paintball related injury)

Just what the title says, share your story about when you hurt yourself the most. (I know its a safe sport, but my torn ACL doesnt know that)

Mine is simple, went up a hill, I went one way, and my knee went the other. Tore my acl so bad that my kneecap wrapped around the side of my leg destroying the cartlidge behind the kneecap.

not a fun day.

Worst part was the guy in the emergency room told me it was just sprained and I should try and walk on it.

Thankfully someone from the hospitol called me the next day when they looked at my x-rays. Now I wear a knee brace.

Brewtt 04-24-2006 11:56 PM

Here's a welt scar I got back in 1999 while camping. Still quite visible after 7 years! :eek:

This was a proud and very manly bloody mess of a welt. :cool: Now it's the closest thing I have to a tattoo. My paintball tattoo. :D :dancingb:

It was inflicted on me by a Palmer brass... (Typhoon or Blazer with brass... can't remember which, Typhoon I think.). :cool:

Great/funny story behind this one.

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/3...car001a2mn.jpg

http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/5821/img0427a4rg.jpg

(One comment about my scrawny, pale arms and I will hunt you down and kill you!) :angry:

Uranus 04-25-2006 12:01 AM

sO.. YOU SHOT YOURSELF?

Uranus 04-25-2006 12:03 AM

I dislocated my knee. the knee it's self made a 90* turn and was on the side of my leg. Worst Paint Ever...

Brewtt 04-25-2006 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uranus
sO.. YOU SHOT YOURSELF?

No... got shot from close range. It was bloody and such so I guess it's the most I've been hurt while paintballing. (I just read the title "Battle Scars" and thought of this scar. I suppose it wasn't really a bad injury but it's a cool "scar." ;)

Surge-NS 04-25-2006 12:08 AM

Unknown number of nutshots from a shocker on burst. After the first 3 the general area kind of went numb for a bit, but I didn't play anymore that day and I was still hurtin' a day later.

Mstrtal 04-25-2006 12:10 AM

Other then sliding into a flagstation and taking a um up the kilt shot (thankfully i wasnt wearing a kilt) I would say the time I slid down a mud and gravel slope at high speed and shredded the front of my left leg. Lucky me I heal pretty well, good thing too or with the life I have led I would be one big scar.

caplucky 04-25-2006 12:22 AM

Knee injuries are just plain bad all around, sounding and feeling.
I tore my hamstring pretty bad two summers ago during a last man suicide run, so bad the underside of my thigh was black,blue,red, and yellow. Hurt so bad I couldn't even cry, just laugh hysterically. Thankfully never hurt my knee, allready sore enough from the arthritis.
I did fall about 20ft out of a tree and knock myself unconscious, well more like jumped and the vine didn't hold. Woke up with my friend standing over me with his Splatmaster, I mumbled "I'm out." He said you sure are.
Found out later and after a shower I had a welt on my stomach I didn't remember getting (back in the days where you only got hit a handful of times during the whole day not just in one game) mentioning this to my friend he says " oh yeah thats where I shot you after you fell out of the tree.":angry:
Needless to say I wasn't happy, since my Rapide was about 5ft away from me after the fall, without it's ammo clip and my goggles were half on my face. Oh and I was unconscious. %#@!!%$@&*!!!!
I was a bit sore for a week but amazingly nothing broken, and I don't hide in trees any more.
I have seen enough groin shots to learn to wear a cup, and throat shots to wear a bandanna or wrap.
And to remember to take a good 20 minutes stretching before the game.;)

OldGadget 04-25-2006 12:41 AM

Way back when, (no velocity caps back then ) I stuck my head around a corner, after clearing the room with my paraordinance m-85.... I got the first shot off a 12 gram out of a Nelson at 4 inches right in the chin. I was picking shell out of my chin for a week. I bet if I shaved my goatee, I'd still see remnants.
I'm glad the uvex shop glasses we used to use stayed on ...

I played the rest of the day

Regards

Eric

Robertsr 04-25-2006 12:45 AM

I hyperextended one knee stepping into a hole, and then had the other collapse sideways, doing all sorts of fairly major strain and stress to the various connective tissues and joint.

3 years of chiropractic later I avoided major surgery on both knees and am in pretty good shape for an overweight 36 year old. Let me tell you... it SUCKED having to limp on both legs!