mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-28-2006, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Grey Ghost release date?

The release date as stated here: www.lapcopaintball.com was supposed to be 20 April 06...

Has that come and gone without any Ghosts being shipped? I used to think people were being a little impatient, but then it went on longer and longer, dates came and went. At least this time we saw pictures just before the release date! But alas, it's the never ending saga of the elusive Ghost...

If I'm wrong and they are in the mail, then please correct me, but I have yet to see any posts saying, "Mine's on its way!" or "It'll be here Saturday!" or "Check out the pics of my new Ghost"...

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Post Whore

I have not heard anything. But then again I don't check on it, I just see what folks post.
POG #934 / CPPA #2157 / LPPC #1 / BLACKLEAF OUTFITTERS
"Post because you have something to contribute, not because you want to contribute to your post count." - Me
A5OG / STRIKE FORCE MEMBER
shartley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

Wevo said 1 of his per-orders was shipped. I'm not sure out of how many... It seems like they're starting to ship i guess... just painfully slowly....
Raynman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
MCB Member

hopefully Coyote will chime in and give us an update on his orders. i've pre-ordered from him.
c6quad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 05:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Airsmith \ Tech

CCM Fan
AKA Fan
Palmers Fan
i have yet to hear anything from brandon (coyote) about his pre-order list (i have done sales for him often and play with him on a regular basis)...i can check up on it if you like however and get back hopefully with a good answer
- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m

- West Coast warranty center for Boston Paintball 'Twister' markers
- Certified Planet Eclipse Service Center and Traveling Tech
FirePro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
Post Whore

Ghost date

I spoke to Lapco about two weeks ago and they toled me "they were informed that the machine shop was sending them the parts as parts on the 20th. The original deal was the guns were supposed to be sent assembled for them to check ad ship." But till I have 350.00 extra sitting around I will not have to worry about it, Palmers gets money first!!!

My FS Listing
Misc bits-

My feed back:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=1021

Carter's Commando Texas Division:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-division.html
Crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rec Poster

I ordered one for resale at our store but haven't seen it yet. I bought a used one from an aquaintance so I at least have one. It's in good shape too. :-)
cooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
a.k.a. FullSpinPaintball

AKA Fan
Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
Brandon (Coyote) has been very helpful and responsive. In fact, I'd venture to say he's had some of the best customer/consumer communication I've seen in the paintball business, and that's nothing to shake a stick at!

I've been disappointed with Lapco all along. It's been said before, so I won't beat a dead horse, but this has been one big disappointment after another. Palmers took 3 months to build my Hurricane, but I knew the wait time, I ordered it, and I got it when promised. My excitement built, and then I was rewarded with patience. This whole Grey Ghost thing goes beyond patience. People will try and sugar-coat it by saying, "oh this other gun took xx number of months to debut" or "no paintball project has ever been quick," but let's be realistic. A whole bunch of us put down some cash when Lapco first did pre-orders, and some did with paintball businesses. I could have received a limited edition Ferrari by now if I was on a wait list for that! I'm glad I took my money elsewhere and have a product in-hand...

Good luck to the rest who wait, it's unfortunate that this whole endeavor has caused heartburn for both the dealers and the consumers alike...

** Spin Doctor's Paintball Page
** MCB Feedback
** PBN Feedback
** PBN Feedback (old)

Agglet re: Frink: "Much like a newborn baby your collection is both beautiful and disgusting."
russc: "PBN is a business, and that's why they prefer thousands of morons to hundreds of intelligent posters"
drum: "Between the ammo shipments and all the long rectangular packages, not to mention regular mail from the Pa. Superior Court, my mailman is pretty sure that I am a freak."
SpinDoctor15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:06 PM   #9 (permalink)
CHEERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinDoctor15

It's been said before, so I won't beat a dead horse,

There's a great smilie for that one.

Old 05-02-2006, 10:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash
Palmers gets money first!!!
I think it goes without saying (but I'll say it anyway) that Palmer's and your money is a safer bet by far.
Caseagame is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone