mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 04-29-2006, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Post Whore

Q-Loader?

Thoughts? Opinions?

I'm considering this as a feed system for an upcoming project (should i get the job i'm supposed to...)

Walking_Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Stechele

I posted a review in the Review section.
The short of it, is that I love mine.
http://www.paintballcity.org/forums/...read.php?t=663
Old 04-29-2006, 08:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

holycrapit'sfast.

Q'loaded, Rampaged A-5 capable of 25 bps....

more 'testing' to be done soon. expecting slightly 'modified' Rampage from one of the APE owners this next week... I've got a quickness test coming up
Flatline's Up! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to badkarma

I'm torn on this issue.

I love the low profile, the speed that it feeds,and the speed to reload.

I hate the speed to reload the pods, the limit to 100 rounds, and the price of pods to add more to your system and the cost it's self.

That's my .02
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo
68 specials are big manly tank guns, not little woman guns...thats what Shockers are for...
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/faq.php
http://www.tacticalreplicas.com
Factory Team
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Z50
Seasoned Member

I was not impressed; it is a large setup for the fact that you can only have 100 shots at any given time. The mounting setup is a lot less awkward then a hopper but you have to take the balance of the gun into consideration. When the Q-loader is mounted on the for grip it allows a more balanced up-n-down gun (lowers the center of gravity) but frequently it moves too much weight forward and makes the gun difficult to hold. You have to be careful when reloading or you can pinch the balls. The speed that it can feed at is un-godly but its real advantage it the fact that it reduces the chance of a ball getting chopped because it is only half in the chamber (not a real problem on most space guns, but on a pro/carbine it can help)

My opinion of the system should be taken with a grain of salt (I play pump almost exclusively) but the only person I'd recommend a Q-loader for is a front man/point man who has had extreme difficulties with a traditional hopper.
Z50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 11:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Even though I just sold my set it was not because I was not happy with it. Just outgrew it.

I had it set on my SP8. The ability to crawl and still shoot the marker while it was on it's side earned me more damn kills. They never saw (nor really heard) it coming. The lower capacity was something to adjust to but not that big of a deal. The slow loading was a big pain in the ars. The biggest issue was that it did not like large paint. It would hang the feed big time. My local fields have all but committed to using Marbs and they jam up the feed. When I used any Procap (Xball silver being my fav) the marker was awsome. Uncapped ramping and a qloader was insane. Nonone needs that kind of firepower but holy cow was it fun to rip streams like that every once in a while.

All in all I was very happy with it but warn others that it has a limited role as a novelty. If you are a woods or scenario player then use it as such. Just have a regular loader handy in case it is a bad paint day.
Slowcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
I've porked many

I like mine alot. Having a positive feed that works even upside down is cool, as well as a much lower profile. It really pays to read the directions though, as it is more complicated than any top mount loaders. I can trually attest to the feed rates as being faster than anything else. I found out the hard way by playing with one of the pods in my garage. I depressed the detent and in a blink of they eye there were a hundred paintballs spred everywhere. It takes some getting used to when using the load silo, not difficult , just different. Ancient Innovations also has a lifetime warranty on everything, but I have had to use it yet.

My Feedback Thread[/SIZE][/SIZE]
pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
sold for fish tacos

Fan of EMR
Brass N Wood Fan
Used it, mounting options are great, feeds great, easy to learn. Keeps my eye on my paint consumption, but allows for som e fast shooting without the bulk of a Halo on top.

Email support seems to not exist though, have yet to get a reply on purchasing parts.
Riverside Renegade Paintball / C.C. S.V.S. Plankowner - LPPC#6
www.AzzysDesignWorks.com - best replacement jeep gauges in the biz
Old Timer Feedback
Azzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:25 AM   #9 (permalink)

Azzy- Give them a call. They will chat your ear off. I even got some follow up calls asking me what I though when we got to chatting about some future products. Good guys.
Slowcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 12:23 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Stechele

Yes call them. They are always pleasent on the phone.

being able to shoot at any angle can come in handy. I was shooting while laying on my side out of a bunker. The bunker I was in was taking hits at body level. The kids didnt even see me laying there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z50
You have to be careful when reloading or you can pinch the balls.
Ya just need to take the time to setup the feedtube with the correct length for your setup. I did not and chopped a ball in the socket a couple of times while reloading. I then took my time to set it up properly, and now I dont have any problems

Last edited by Stechele; 05-01-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Stechele is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone