mcarterbrown.com

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-19-2009, 12:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Owner of Crazy Cats

CCM Fan
where we are it is pretty damn cold and the markers i find that have the least amount of problems are Tippmanns, Ions and SLGs. Both the Ion and the SLG will benefit from using a lighter grease (Hater Sauce or TechT Gun Sav) during the winter (less FSDO). I would like to see how Dye's new super gun (NT 10) will do because it is an unbalanced spool valve and those seem to do better during the winter.
Anything else you have to mess with alot to get working decently.

you could also use a pump, don't have to work about re-cocking problems And most can stand the cold fairly well
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball
MCB Feedback
EgoPossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lost the Daylight

Send a message via ICQ to Listessa Send a message via AIM to Listessa Send a message via MSN to Listessa Send a message via Yahoo to Listessa

Eventually if it gets cold enough the paint stops working even if it is that cold weather stuff.

Phantoms and other guns that run off 12ies seem to work fine until the paint mists out. Vectors and siphon tank'ed VMs aren't bad. (Make sure the bulk fill tank is not considerably colder than your CO2 tanks, otherwise it just doesn't really work...)

Facilis est Descensus Averni.
<--Click to descend to my feedback.
NO'MAAM #2"National Organization Members Against AGG Metrosexuals" Rouge Cell #3
Listessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Official LL5 Dolphin-Dive

Send a message via AIM to PistolRogue

I've played down to probably 10 degrees fahrenheit and never had an issue with a gun, from my Ion/SP8 to the Tippy's... Well, actually, running the T8 off of 12 grams in lower temps was a bitch, so I wouldn't recommend that, but anything else, running HPA at least, never gave me issues. Paint, well thats a different story. And I've honestly had more issues with paint breakage from supposed "cold weather paint" than running regular ol' Marbs or Combat .68 in similar conditions.
FEEDBACK
PistolRogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 03:41 AM   #14 (permalink)

ICE Epic, I don't remember guns details but it had no bolt so it should handle cold weather. I used Angel LED in 25 degrees with snow without a problem, my cocker on other hand could not handle it, 3 way orings shrunk and leaked bad.
janordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:12 AM   #15 (permalink)

SFT shocker.

:dodgy
one.man.band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #16 (permalink)
MCB Member

My Cocker ran great in the snow - probably to about -5*C or so....But I was running HPA. Even pinched a few balls. Man I miss that gun.

When I converted it to a Sniper, I ran it on LP A/S CO2 - worked fairly well in the same temp, but I had some large velocity fluctuations - paint kept shrinking on me. The smallest barrel I had was a .684, and I kept getting rollouts.
And God turned to Gabriel and said: “I shall create a land called Canada of outstanding natural beauty, with majestic mountains soaring with eagles, sparkling lakes abundant with bass and trout, forests full of elk and moose, and rivers stocked with salmon. I shall make the land rich in oil so the inhabitants prosper and call them Canadians, and they shall be praised as the friendliest of all people.”

“But Lord,” asked Gabriel, “Is this not too generous to these Canadians?”

And God replied, “Just wait and see the neighbors I shall inflict upon them.”
Jordan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

Last time I played in really cold weather the only thing anyone had that wasn't breaking/chopping horribly was my Viking with an Egg and massive .695 barrel back.
PBN Feedback
PBR Feedback
Sonnemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:14 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listessa View Post
siphon tank'ed VMs aren't bad.)

^ gets my vote
Tom222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rec Poster

68 classic on HP tank?
riceboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #20 (permalink)
MCB Member

CCM Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by one.man.band View Post
SFT shocker.

:dodgy
Honestly, I live where Ego Possum lives, our winter tops out around -40F/C (That's where the scales meet, don't go out in it).

I'll play as low as -20C which is only about -4F. My shocker with a lighter grease and that metal solenoid gasket that New Designz made worked awesome in the winter. The gasket was definately needed though not sure why but the gun just wouldn't cycle fast and consistent without it. Get some nice gloves too, they get COLD =)

As for a pump, I've used my S6 this last winter and I've found two things that need to be done. The grease they use in the regulator does not like the cold here. I've had to totally clean and re-lube the reg. Also the little black bumper on the back of the cocking rod tends to stick to the backblock screwing your velocity up royal. On my converted cocker I used loctite to hold it in place and on my S6 I just switched the bumper with a different one (Came off one of those cheap lightning cockers). After that, she runs like a pro.

Ego, I have an 07, forget it in the winter.
Traccer worked good, as one would expect.
Angel Speed, see ego =P
Mini, grease issues stopped it cold.. sorry for the joke hehe

There's lots of other great markers that work in the low temps no matter what you play but if your winter is like mine, some of them require a bit of tuning.

I can't say I've ever used CO2 here when the temps fall that low though, always compressed air. I've just never wanted to try it.
Ralanti is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone