mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 09-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Send a message via AIM to egyeager Send a message via Yahoo to egyeager

Best way to get +1/-1 fluctuations?

I was wondering what the best way was to get the smallest FPS fluctuations possible. The reason I ask is that I fairly firmly believe that my accuracy (emphasis on my own personal accuracy) is largely dependent on being able to predict where my shots will head in the future. Best way to predict where my shots will go in the future is by having a stable FPS.

So what tips do you all have on how to keep my FPS stable?
Do you think older regulators have much advantage over newer ones (due to their being super broken in)?
How much do you generally put through your regulators to make sure they are shooting stable/ broken in?
Any personal favorite brand?
Do you have any other tips for achieving peak consistancy?
egyeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyeager View Post
Best way to predict where my shots will go in the future is by having a stable FPS.
Actually, no.
Your barrel/paint will have the biggest effect on your trajectory, fluctuations due to velocity, particularly down to the level your talking about will have very minimal effect in comparison.

Anyways,
I like the palmers regs. Getting an old one over a new one won't do much good to you because they have to be "broken in" again after every time you adjust them, which i'm guessing you'll want to do when getting it and putting it on a gun.
As for what to do to get better consistancy, you really need to tell us what gun/setup your running right now for us to be able to help you man......
Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Post Whore

Biggest tip for accuracy is keeping your marker/barrel/hopper as clean as you can. As far as regs go, AKA is about the best you can get.

My Feedback
BigDaddyJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:08 PM   #4 (permalink)
Texas Rush - Pump Player

What marker? Sometimes it takes a loooooong time with springing, tweaking, sweet spotting JUUUUUUST right to get that nice consistency on the chrono.

Sometimes it can just happen but it often takes quite a bit of time, paint, and patience but it can be worth it
Shawn_Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rec Poster

well I have a Sniper II which gets plus or minus 4 or 5 (which I am quite happy with). I also have a 09 Proto SLG that is getting... + or - 10 or so with my 68/45 Pure Energy tank when shooting around 8 BPS or so. Shooting closer to 15 BPS for prolonged periods (25 seconds or so) the FPS fluctuations are closer to 15 or 20. Although I would say the velocity seems to drop instead of going up. This I think can be attributed to the PE tank not recharging fast enough to keep up although that might not be the case.

Eventually I want to get a phantom and with that I would also love to get the maximum consistancy I can (even if my spelling has none! )
Old 09-28-2009, 08:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
YS-OFG

Pure energy regs can be iffy... I'd go with a Ninja tank reg, followed by an AKA SST if you really want to go all-out. A Sidewinder is good secondary too, and a 2Liter can compensate for even the worst tank regs. Crossfire, DXS, and DYE tank regs are pretty good as well, but I'd take the Ninja any day, especially considering the price.

Get a nice tight, two-piece barrel. A 1-piece is usually more efficient, but a 2-piece is more consistent. CP, Lapco, Sanchez, and DYE are all pretty good... as well as a few others, I'm sure, but those have worked for me and my friends. .679 seems to be the size of the year, if you can get it.

If you're using a hammer-valve gun, like the Sniper, springing it soft can help. Efficiency will be hurt, though. The SLG, get some really good lube on it, like Shocktech Gun Butta or Tech-T Gun Salve, which have worked best for me when I used a PMR as a backup.

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/f...-feedback.html
flyweightnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Single best issue that will increase your accuracy is quality paint IMO. It doesn't matter how good your regs are, if your paint is inconsistant in size and shape you will not shoot accurately.
punkncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:34 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkncat View Post
Single best issue that will increase your accuracy is quality paint IMO. It doesn't matter how good your regs are, if your paint is inconsistant in size and shape you will not shoot accurately.
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egyeager View Post
Pure Energy tank
Changing that out will help, PE tanks are very inconsistant in my experience.
Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
MCB Member

I agree, my EGO is well broken in but I still get velocity fluctuation with low end paint. With good paint AND a good bore match I can get into the +/- 1 range.
NSGSplatmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rec Poster

Great advice guys! For my barrels I generally use my python compressor kit and with it I shoot money (generally... exept when I get oil in my barrel >.< ). Yeah the PE should be changed out sometime soon but I don't have THAT much of a problem with it. Mostly that it can be a bit off from time to time but it feels great IMO. Granted I haven't used any other carbon fiber tanks.

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone