mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 05-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Played Scenario this weekend

Granted it wasn't a full scale one,but it was great. I want to say there was about 50 players. It was a small field(10 acres)compared to some but it was a great day of play. It was a midevil theme. It lasted from about 11pm to 3pm. Then normal play resumed. I'll post a link when their site is loaded up with the event. I really enjoyed myself. Straight rec players made it even better. Lots of young players and lots of first timers. They gave away a Viper V-1 and BT4 along with various jerseys and an Evil paintball shirt and pants. Best thing was that people showed up thru out the day for regular play and walked into a scenario game. Just made it that more fun.
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
King of the OFG

Send a message via MSN to Robertsr

Kilt Fan
Glad you had a good time.

I played scenario for the first time in 2000 I think, and I haven't looked back. There's just something about the format that I really enjoy.

There's also something very cool about being on a team of 200+ and doing that first rush for territory when the whistle blows.

FEEDBACK
Robertsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
Exterminate!

Send a message via AIM to WilD

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
RTP Fan
I played in a scenario game this last weekend too. The one I was at was slightly larger at 124 players on 25 acres. It was great fun (as they always are) but it really made me realize how unfit I am. I started to get really tired making those long treks to the neutral zone->reinsertion point->front line.
WilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
won't look at the camera

Fan of EMR
Played my first scenario this weekend as well. Similar small game, about 40 to 50, Alamo was the theme. It was alota fun, though the defending team was the home tourny team, and it seemed to me that the "if the ref didn't see it" attitude stayed with them. And in some instances there was blatant playing on( guy yells "OUT", then starts shooting 10 seconds later even though no one was near him to 'medic' him.)
I didn't let it sour the experience, though. It was fun being out there with all those folks, trying to organizes people into teams to accomplish something and such. Plus the reinsertion and constant playing was an absolute blast! First time I've ever shot a case of paint in a day. I was very glad i brought the MegaZ
Chappy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cobra Paintball Fanatic

Palmers Fan
I played in a scenario this last weekend also. Possibly the best one I've been to so far. I mostly spent my time running missions to blow things up, like the other team's tank, the bridges, the buildings, hunting helicopters, etc...
The short description:
Two Tanks
Roughly 400 players.
Saturday and Sunday.
Did a little night play.
A truely fun and action packed weekend.

-Thank you Reddog and Rocky (our Generals)
-Thank you MXS (www.mxsportz.com)
-Thank you Realms of Ruin (www.realmsofruin.com)
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
MCB Member

Send a message via AIM to blackrain

Like I said it was small

But fun. Lots of new players and first timers. Resurection points were very close so you could jump right back into action. It was mostly honor system call outs. We even had a riding lawn mower converted into a tank. I even helped in organizing our last stand (military training kicked in lol). My team that I played with won. The field was very courteous about everone's schedual. Some had to leave early so the game was adjusted for them. Which I thought was nice. I didn't feel ripped off. One of the staff members even bought a raffle ticket and won a BT5 and gave it to the Birthday boy. I'm trying out a new field this weekend. Just down the road from me(5 miles). All woods play. I even have a PB store just 1 mile down the road that opened last week. Man am I lucky or what. I'm just waiting on another scenario. I know there will be 3 big events here. May 20(Kid Splat Fest), June 23,24,25(TAW three day scenario play) ,and July4 (Alien Invasion 1 day scenario). So I guess I'll play those and HOPEFULLY if gas prices stay low I can make Boarder Wars in Spokan. I'v never shot a Canadian or an Idaho foreign person lol .
Later,
Blackrain
blackrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 02:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
Post Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrain
So I guess I'll play those and HOPEFULLY if gas prices stay low I can make Boarder Wars in Spokan. I'v never shot a Canadian or an Idaho foreign person lol .
That 600-mile round trip is a killer at these prices.....

Watch for SemperFi's 24-hour game (Sept. I think)...
http://semperfi.byrdhostingservices.com/index.asp

And also KC Crusaders 24-hour game (definitely in August)....
http://www.kccrusaders.net/

I'll make the KC game for sure, and if finances hold I'll make the SemperFi...

Walker
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone