mcarterbrown.com  

The Dead Zone Paintball Related Chat

Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Trololol

Send a message via AIM to Meph

Fan of EMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
That's difficult with any new business though.
Not in the red light district.
Meph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:56 AM   #32 (permalink)
Master Metal Whittler

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
the way our park does it.

rather than limiting players equipment and ROF. we use a 3 shot limit, this means if you break more than 3 shots on someone the ref has the option of pulling the shooter out of the game. now this of course is negated when a player is running and happens to run into those hits. its reserved for the guys that like to run around and hose on people.

BYOP. i personally like to shoot the best quality paint out there. the paint at our park is made specifically for our field only and is above premium grade. we charge $65 a case, this seems to be a happy medium. another reason we stopped allowing BYOP is that paint is really the biggest income to keep a park alive. same reason you dont bring your own food down to the steak house.

as far as savings go, the owners of my field just about go over the top with ways to save money. first we have a splat-alot-card, every time you buy paint you get a splat punched out (like a coffee card) and after so many splats you get rewards like free admissions and such.

next we have a once a month 'forum free day', this is a free admission pass (or $15 off a rental pack) to any of our forum members that help spread the word about the park.

we do not cater to the tourney scene, but we have had plenty come out to play and still have a blast. we are mainly a first time park for the young guys and parents. this doesn't mean we dont have plenty of experienced people. they just learn to tone it down to help the newer players.

i dont think a new field would be able to make it at $100 a case. i know that i would be hard pressed to go there even if they had the best reputation. but i like the idea of the resort thing.

FEEDBACK
Rednecksniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #33 (permalink)
Use to be here a lot

I would pay $100 a case if it was:
A-Great quality paint(not the crap most places have for field paint, I don't really care if it is available off the field as $50 a case paint or $80 a case paint I will pay $100 for it if it is fresh, consistently sized, and round)
B-A well staffed field(refs who actually do their job and do it fairly well)
C-Had good well laid out fields(they don't necessarily have to be expensive to build but the layout has to provide for all styles of play to coexist)

Under those circumstances I will pay $100 a case and be a repeat customer.
bryceeden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #34 (permalink)
Seasoned Member

I have no idea to be honest, if the field offered something exceptional sure. I would probably be more for if it was 80 a case (and good paint) and 20 for field fee or some such.
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #35 (permalink)
MCB Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rednecksniper View Post
the way our park does it.

rather than limiting players equipment and ROF. we use a 3 shot limit, this means if you break more than 3 shots on someone the ref has the option of pulling the shooter out of the game. now this of course is negated when a player is running and happens to run into those hits. its reserved for the guys that like to run around and hose on people.

BYOP. i personally like to shoot the best quality paint out there. the paint at our park is made specifically for our field only and is above premium grade. we charge $65 a case, this seems to be a happy medium. another reason we stopped allowing BYOP is that paint is really the biggest income to keep a park alive. same reason you dont bring your own food down to the steak house.

as far as savings go, the owners of my field just about go over the top with ways to save money. first we have a splat-alot-card, every time you buy paint you get a splat punched out (like a coffee card) and after so many splats you get rewards like free admissions and such.

next we have a once a month 'forum free day', this is a free admission pass (or $15 off a rental pack) to any of our forum members that help spread the word about the park.

we do not cater to the tourney scene, but we have had plenty come out to play and still have a blast. we are mainly a first time park for the young guys and parents. this doesn't mean we dont have plenty of experienced people. they just learn to tone it down to help the newer players.

i dont think a new field would be able to make it at $100 a case. i know that i would be hard pressed to go there even if they had the best reputation. but i like the idea of the resort thing.
Rednecksniper, how much are the field and rental fees and how many paintballs is shot on average by each player?
Horizon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:51 AM   #36 (permalink)
Master Metal Whittler

Brass N Wood Fan
Palmers Fan
field fee is $15 which includes all day air. HPA pr Co2.

rental fee is $40- includes gun goggles pod pack and a bag of paint.

on a typical weekend players average 2-3 bags, some as little as half a bag (us pumpers) and some as many as 3 cases. on event days i think 5 bags is the average.

we typically see 40ish on Saturdays with less on Sundays in the fall and winter. and up to north of 100 when its warmer out. events average 150ish. (sometimes when the moons are lined up and all the navy boats are in town we hit 300+)

FEEDBACK
Rednecksniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Post Whore

The ultimate problem with charging $100 a case is ensuring that its quality paint. If I rolled up to a field and the place was great but the paint was *** cause its been sitting for 3 months in a storage shed and cost me a 100 bucks Id never go back.

If you can ensure that the paint is FRESH and you have a good staff and field, people would pay those prices.

Usually with regular fields I buy the cheapest paint because its been sitting the least amount of time and is usually as good if not better than the 80 dollar paints.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:00 PM   #38 (permalink)
Olde Basterd#2

CCM Fan
Kilt Fan
Any field that is FPO and charges more than the paintball store for paint I just don't go there. I will have to go to Boston PB in the winter but I will buy a case and make it last for at least three visits. But when I see a field selling a case of paintballs for 30 dollars more than the local store I just get pissed off. I won't go to castle because of that. At least Fox 4 has paint at 45.00 a case at their scenarios. And they are still BYOP. I stopped going to Connecticut because it was 65.00$ a case. After spending 60.00$ on gas it was getting ridiculous! So it's BYOP or outlaw for me. Feyd........

mcarterbrown.com » Paintball » The Dead Zone